Printed Fiction Hardcopies 398 members · 710 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

So this is just a curiosity post.
What Fanfics/Fan Comics do you own in physical printed loveliness?

Gallery of fics/comics

:twilightsmile:You have to read all the books, Pinkie.

No pretty gallery pic for me, but:

The Celestia Code by iisaw
Completely Safe Stories by Cold in Gardez
Fanfare for the Common Mare by Admiral Biscuit
The Mono-logues by Monochromatic
Tales from the Civil Service by GhostOfHeraclitus

Not exactly a large collection, and they're all paperbacks, though part of that is because I live in the UK and so only Lulu stuff is really available at vaguely sensible prices. Ordering a large hardback series from overseas, allowing for import charges as well, would take me towards custom plushie money, and frankly I can't justify or afford that. I know, I'm a lightweight! :twilightsheepish:

You need to build Twi a bookfort.

I have some more arriving to fill in that gap.

I recently added corner protectors to my Fallout: Equestria, and I think it looks awesome.

I can't really take a picture, since at least three quarters is in boxes at the moment. As in: I'm severely running out of space, so only the ones I have yet to read are accessible. Right now I have about 6-8 books left to read and another 2 are on the way.

An incomplete list of things I've already read is here though: https://www.fimfiction.net/bookshelf/1205222/the-library
At this point, I'm scared of when I'll eventually be able to put them all together. I do know I was well over a meter before I started putting stuff in boxes, lol.

No picture, but here's the list:
Past Sins
The Life and Times of Nyx:
- First Hours
- Trinkets
- Nightmare or Nyx?
- Winter Bells
- The Road Home
- Glimpses
The Life and Times of a Winning Pony vol1-2
Inner Glory
Fractured Sunlight
Fine Print
Long Road to Friendship
The Time Loop Trilogy
- Hard Reset
-A Stitch in Time
- You Can Fight Fate
Fallout: Equestria Dead Tree vol1-3
The Enchanted Library vol1-2
Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons vol1-9
Fallout: Equestria
The Monster Below
The Monster Below: Nightfall
The Monster Below: Sunfall
Bulletproof Heart
Background Pony vol1-2
The Last Pony on Earth

I have the three I wrote (TD the Alicorn Princess, A Shadow Hangs Overhead, Anthology of Madness)
Past Sins
Pink Eyes
Duck and Cover
Life and Times of Nyx
Life and Times of a Winning Pony
Immoral Game
Empty Room
Tales from Civil Services
Equestrian Stories
Anthropology
The Last Brony Gets His Wish
The Haunting
Sam and Rose
Sisters
Biblical Monsters
Nightmare Nights
Inner Glory
Best Hell Ever
Best Night Ever
I'll Always Be Here for You

I did have a couple of Celestia Code books, but I got rid of those because the author called me something rather nasty for no reason because we disagreed on something.

Still upset that Without a Hive and the other books got removed; I only have Without a Hive from those 3 ><

Yeah its such a shame lulu took them down the story is amazing and i love having a physical copy. Same with Fallout: Equestria the Chrysalis
I ordered mine like 2 weeks before they vanished, i was soo lucky

I can live without Fragments, but I really want the sequel. I dunno why the other publishing people haven't talked to him about selling his book on their site.

It's been a while since I updated my list. Here's what my collection looks like at the moment. Yes, I have two, three and even four different prints of some fics. I kinda made collecting printed fanfics my thing and it sorta got out of hand for a while.

• Past Sins (1st ed.)
  • Twilight's List (2nd ed.)
  • Fallout Equestria (FoEPP 2nd ed.; 2 vol.)
  • Inner Glory (2nd ed., paperback)
  • Fallout Equestria: Pink Eyes (FoEPP 1st ed.)
  • The Life and Times of a Winning Pony (1st ed.; 2 vol.)
  • The Life and Times of a Winning Pony (2nd ed.)
  • The Celestia Code (Lulu)
  • The Luna Cypher (Lulu)
  • The Twilight Enigma (Lulu)
  • The Skyla Pseudonym (Lulu)
  • I'll Always be Here for You
  • Project Sunflower
  • The Time Loop Trilogy (NP)
  • Past Sins (MoI)
  • Fallout Equestria: Pink Eyes (MoI)
  • Anthropology (MoI)
  • Background Pony (MoI; 2 vol)
  • Message in a Bottle (2 vol)
  • Fallout Equestria (FoEPP 4th ed.)
  • Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven (FoEPP)
  • Fallout Equestria (MoI; 1 vol)
  • The Maretian (NP; 3 vol)
  • The Mono-logues (PFP/Lulu)
  • Biblical Monsters (PFP/Lulu)
  • Face the Dark (PFP/Lulu)
  • The Life and Times of Nyx (PFP/Lulu)
  • Through the Aurora
  • Five Score Divided by Four (NP)
  • Fallout Equestria (MoI; 4 vol)
  • Tales of the Sun (MoI)
  • Tales of the Moon (MoI)
  • Fallout Equestria: Pink Eyes (FoEPP 2nd ed.)
  • Fine Print
  • The Night is Passing (PFP/Lulu; 3 vol)
  • The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon (PFP/Lulu)
  • The Enchanted Library (PFP/Lulu; 2 vol)
  • Salvation/The Empty Room (NP)
  • The Immortal Game (NP)

Missing from the photos because they were too big to fit on the shelves are the one-volume edition of Fallout Equestria by Ministry of Image and The Traveling Pony Museum as well as The Art of Fallout Equestria containing the chapter art by Hobbes Maxwell for the 3rd and 4th "deluxe" editions.

I'm currently waiting for Changeling Space Program to arrive. I'd like to make another big order from Ministry of Image but the weak Swedish krona makes it very expensive at the moment.

Y'all just gave me a bunch of new entries in my "To Read" list!

I just made a new order from MoI
The conversion for AUD/USD does not make the purchase fun and the Shipping costs is half again on the books cost.
$210USD in books + $100USD in shipping.

But soon i will have
The Enchanted Kingdom, Prey, The Alicorn Adventures, Anthropology and Empty Horizons
In my collection

I hope you enjoy the reading options.

[image][/image]

You can't tell but I also have the ponyville mysteries comics off to the side as well.

They're distributed throughout my alphabetized books, but I've got:

• Past Sins (second printing)
  • Princess Celestia: The Changeling Queen
  • Both volumes of Message in a Bottle
  • Fine Print
  • Through the Well of Pirene

...though that last one might not be up to the "should I have this in dead tree form?" standard I apply these days. (And, though I do like Fine Print, it got a bit of a free ride since my copies of Message in a Bottle were extras on its crowdfunding campaign.)

Beyond that, there are other stories I'd like, but aside from funds being tight and my eBay saved searches lighting up with things like once-in-half-a-decade vintage computer software and hardware, I'm already having trouble with having to overflow books into shelves elsewhere in the house.

(For comparison against the beautiful photos you people keep posting, this photo is what things looked like in 2017... the alphabetized pocket paperbacks and manga are stacked two layers deep and there are larger books behind the game boxes. I've since received something which satisfied the "a machine to run Classic MacOS" near the top of my wishlist.)

(That said, there are things where I enjoy reading them, but probably wouldn't buy them, given more space and money. For example, I enjoyed reading Five Score Divided By Four, but it's caught between "I'll only collect a physical copy of the version I consider definitive" and "I don't put NSFW stuff on my shelves for visitors to see". Likewise, I like the volumes of Goldfur's changeling stories before he made them a crossover, and I'd probably buy those as physical copies, but the cover art doesn't meet my standards for something that would sit on my shelf... it's bad enough that I'm certain I could have made the covers for my copies of Pratchett and Baxter's Long Earth series in The GIMP, despite being a programmer, not an artist... possibly using only public domain photos from Unsplash's pre-2017 collection. At least I bought them to use up an Indigo gift card, rather than using my own money.)

Books! So many books. :twilightsmile: The fanfics I've acquired are spread between three different (small) book cases and I also have several of the chapter books and IDW comics. But here's what I have in fanfic books in dead tree format, pretty much in the order that I acquired them:

Fallout: Equestria Pink Eyes
Duck and Cover (Includes Make Love Not War)
Murky Number 7
Past Sins
The Life and Times of Nyx
Inner Glory
Recall the Time of No Return
Bound Together
Life and Times of a Winning Pony
Anthropology
Project: Sunflower
Stardust
Background Pony
Equestria Stories 2019
Tales of the Sun, Tales of the Moon
Two cookbooks and an alcoholic drink recipe book (OK, fan, yes, fiction, no, but still pony)
Into the Dark
The Haunting
The Celestia Code & The Luna Cypher
Through the Aurora
The Monster in the Twilight
Letters from a Little Princess Monster (unfinished! road apples)
The Enchanted Library
The Enchanted Kingdom (reading it now)
Fragments
Lost Time
The Best Night Ever
Memoirs of a Royal Guard
The Time Loop Trilogy (Hard Reset, A Stitch in Time, You Can Fight Fate)
Long Road to Friendship
Fine Print
The Education of Clover the Clever
Through the Well of Pirene
Fallout: Equestria - The Chrysalis (in three volumes, Wake, Seek and Change)
Change of Life
Off The Mark
Conversations in a Canterlot Cafe
I.D.: That Indestructible Something (AKA I.D. Injector Doe)
Fallout: Equestria -- Heroes
Hello Sedna & Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon
Why am I Pinkie Pie?!
Friendship is Optimal
Better Living Through Science and Ponies
A Stallion for the Time Being
The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon
The Alicorn Adventures (in order to read the last two books in this series, namely: The Twilight Enigma and The Skyla Pseudonym)
Badge Granted
Recursive Iterations
Contraptionology!
Empty Horizons (I'm gonna read this one next)

Arriving soon in the mail:
Changeling Space Program

Some of these books I liked a LOT, some I've read twice, some I really, really did not like but read anyway. To paraphrase Twilight, it's my book and I'm going to READ IT! :twilightangry2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18