I am a Writer 44 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
ImmaGenericWriter
Group Admin

Since this group is all about writers being writers, let's try posting what we use for inspiration. Or even future stories that you'd like to work on.

My inspiration isn't all that inspiring, being completely honest. I love games, a lot (3k hours on dota 2, just under 1k for Warframe and ARK). So just about any story I write is a crossover, because I love the characters from MLP and from the games themselves.

Future stories? Hmmm... I honestly have no idea!
Right now I'm just trying my best to make a sequel to Freddy's New Job. Other than that, no real plans.

What about you okes? Tell me! :pinkiecrazy:

4972932 My inspiration for The Other Alicorn was the alicorn in the background of Lesson Zero that wasn't supposed to be there, (I think some people call her Princess Erroria).

My inspiration for The Shipping Game... Actually, it was my friends idea... Well, sort of... It was a dare.

And my inspiration for My Top Secret Diary?! Tumblr Dubs on YouTube and diary style books.

Future stories?! I want to do one about changelings, I'd also like to do a sequel to The Other Alicorn, but obviously I'll need to finish that first, and I'd also like to do one about crystal ponies and King Sombra.

Phew! I really hope that someone else comments now, because I really don't like to show off, but I also don't like seeing threads with no replies.:twilightsheepish:

The Corn

4972932 It was over a year ago when I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea for a fic. I couldn’t let myself forget it, so I got up and wrote a draft of the story.

I aimed for it to be a one-shot, and I published it as such. I even Won a competition with just one chapter of it.

I then got requests to expand on the settings and the backstory of the fic. With that, the first chapter was born: The beginning of the End.

That's how Princess of Friendship was born.

Well the inspiration for Secret Agent Derpy was a dream that I had. It was a story of Derpy saving the day from Queen Chrysalis.

Inspiration for Pony Madness was a few songs. "AOV", "Custer", "The Devil In I", "The Negative One", "Purity" by Slipknot. Pony Madness took place after season 4 finale where Twilight and her order of guards, called the Friendship Guard, find these mysterious remains deep within Ponyville Castle. It awakens and wreaks havoc across Equestria.

My upcoming story called "The Bounds of Friendship" is based around being friendly. I don't want to give too many details away yet but I can say it involves a changeling and healing through the power of friendship. The inspiration for that is how difficult life has been lately and wanting to cheer myself up.

Nothing else planned at the moment.

Catsofwar108
Group Admin

Inspiration for stories? I suppose I shall.

Five Nights with Pinkie came from me having - and still having - the Five Nights at Freddy's bug. You can blame Markiplier for that. I was browsing FIMfiction for one of my favorite crossovers, and I found plenty of crossovers to read! Except... they were mostly about Pinkie Pie and her friends replacing the animatronics. While that's a cool idea, I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if Pinkie Pie replaced the night guard?" Five Nights with Pinkie was born! Five Nights with Pinkie 2 came from ponies absolutely adoring FNwP and wishing for sequels. I guess everything just kicked off from there. I had tons of cool ideas, but I was pretty certain that somebody had already made it. So when one of my cool ideas is not made, I take it upon myself to make the story, even if it sucks.

Five Nights at Freddy's inspired me.

Aren't you proud?

Catsofwar108
Group Admin

I'm easily inspired. If I'm watching a series and thinking how come this hasn't been done yet? I write about it. Case in point, at the time I was writing Hokey Pocus, Friendship is Magic never really touched in invisibility spells (CMIIW but I still don't think they have). I had Rarity become the victim of such spell because as I got into the series, she became the easiest character to write for. I also wanted to show Twilight's adrokableness and that since could still make mistakes when casting spells.

Personal Trainees came from the show not having a diet episode, not that I'd expect them to make one.

Little Filly Blue came from reading some second person stories with Diamond Tiara notably absent. I wanted to show Diamond could have a soft spot keep her character intact. Then seven months after I posted it, she reformed.

Babs' Dilemma came from the obvious FanFic Fuel, a Manehattan Cutie Mark Crusaders branch. I made it be a flashback fic because before I could publish it, Babs got her cutie mark. I also noticed that crusading clubs were limited to fillies only and wanted to find out what would happen if a colt became self-conscious about getting his cutie mark. It's still a WIP, though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8