It's starting!

Welcome to Equestria Environs!

Available on Tabletop Simulator, of course. :B

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

And it's done!

Next up is Trixie, whom you can find a very rough draft of on TTS Workshop. :B

Fly-ders (3 HP): This card is immune to melee damage. At the end of the environment turn, this card deals the hero target with the lowest HP 1 irreducible toxic damage. Reduce the next damage dealt by a target that took damage this way by 2.
Combining the worst parts of spiders and flies, a swarm of Fly-ders was the perfect way to turn a lovely picnic or outing into a nightmare pulled straight out of Tartarus.

That sure was a horrifying revelation.:twilightoops:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

I hate that I used the word "outing" twice in the flavor text of the deck. :B

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Trixie's done now! :D

Last but not least, it's our hero, Fluttershy!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Okay, gotta be honest: I need suggestions for where I can go for a Fluttershy variant.

I've got a ton of themed variant waves planned, so some obvious things like her role in Cutie Re-Mark or Flutterbat are already covered. I'm going to be releasing the Mare-Do-Well variants with this wave (spoilers). But she needs her own non-themed variant. I've got a few ideas, but none of them really speak to me:

Flight training from Hurricane Fluttershy
when she was wearing the football helmet and pads in Dragonshy
her modeling career (but AJ already has Apple Jewel, so I'm not into doubling up on that theme)
being assertive from Putting Your Hoof Down
the engineer getup from MMMystery on the Friendship Express?
when she kind of sided with Starlight in the season 5 opener
Scare Master?
playing buckball? but I could include a variant for Pinkie with that, too
or I could do something really convoluted with her triple 'personas' in Fake It Till You Make It, but that might be more effort than it's worth
(The hilarious thing about that is I'm already planning to give her a Sky-Scraper style variant if/when I ever get to the Pony Life variant wave...)

If I'm missing anything obvious, any other episode where she made a significant visual change, let me know.

I think assertive, scary-Shy seems good. It's not just a one-shot gimmick, it's something she goes back to multiple times over the course of the series so it doesn't require familiarity with one exact episode to understand.

I'm not sure about the mechanics. Maybe her base power lets you search for a creature and put it into play, but eliminate cards from both the deck and discard? Sort of like a summoner version of Ra of the Setting Sun - she gets her way briefly, but at cost.

Another, but dumber idea I have is Ponytones Fluttershy, who just uses her power to give someone else a power. :p

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Oh yeah, Filli Vanilli would definitely work.

I've already got an idea for the training variant, but I think I agree that aggressively assertive Fluttershy is probably the best bet. (Though I might also do the triple variant, if only for the challenge...)

I could see something like "One Pet deals itself 1 irreducible psychic damage. Each other target in your play area regains 1 HP." So she's sort of psychically feeding off the terror, and everyone else is thankful they're not the ones being targeted by her. She does need more healing, from what I've seen. :B But I'll leave the mechanics for once the deck is in better shape.

Or, if not already done: Fluttershy: Staremaster, with just the ability to force an enemy to deal itself damage. Neat for reversing enemy bonuses, and also good for the same reason as not needing to remember one exact episode.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Eh, already got the Stare as a card, so...

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Fluttershy's done! :D

I'm currently discussing variants here, though really Applejack's is the only one I'm not feeling super great about atm. Maybe Pinkie.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12