Fans of Anything and Everything 140 members · 778 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

If you're reading this and find it remotely interesting, please let me know your thoughts, and share this with others. I want to get as much opinions and thoughts on this as I can.

Disclaimer: This is a very new idea, so not much is planned out or set in stone, yet.

As I've been working on my project to start a small business of creating metal figurines (see previous blogs) I've been thinking a lot of my efforts to create MLP figurines. Hasbro has it Copyrighted, and that means if I start creating my own content, and Hasbro finds it and doesn't like it, there'd be nothing I could do if they shut down for making MLP content.

So I've come up with a solution. If I can make something similar to MLP, that can be distinctly different, not involving anything that Hasbro has copyrighted (i.e. characters, locations, trade marked word, or concepts) I could copyright the creation as my own, and thus make it as much as I'd like.

Here's a few things to consider. The purpose of this is to ensure that I can continue to create, or even publish, content of all kinds based off of this. I want to base this off of MLP as the magical world and the wonderful art style are what I love the most, along with the memerible characters. I want this to be something that Bronies and Pegasisters can get into as well, and even make content of their own to build something that we all could enjoy, grow, and even profit on (to different degrees)

I've got a few ideas, basically creating a nation that's full of ponies, dragons, griffons, foxes, bears, deer, and possible humans or apes that's Republican and harmonious. There of course are natural aggressors, like wolves, felines, and other animals that are both sentient and non, that would make things interesting for the citizens of this nation. However, there's still a lot to consider and I'm open to suggestions.

Big thing to remember, Hasbro has a lot of copyrighted stuff in MLP, including, Cutie Marks, Elements of Harmony, Tree of Harmony, and all the show and toy characters. So, this can not contain any of that if it has a chance to succeed.

Like I said before, I want this to be similar enough that fans of MLP can look at it, and enjoy it as well, but different enough that fans can look at it and say "That's not MLP" so I can copyright it and not have to deal with Hasbro.

I mean, how awesome would it be to make content you can profit off of without having to worry about Hasbro shutting people down, or down right suing over content?

So let me know if you agree with this at all, want to suggest something, or just think I'm crazy.

typervader
Group Admin

5504147 Hey man, if its your dream, I say go for it! I can't really offer advice as I have no idea how how this works, but if you want to do, make up your own story, ideas, and do research on what you can't and can do!

5504195 I fear you fail to see my point. I'm opening this up to all who want to make content, merch, or even sell fiction based on ponies. I'm small, and I'm scared that the moment I start making my stuff, Hasbro is going to come down hard. Will it happen? Most likely not, but I figured it this way can keep it from happening to me, it can keep others safe while they explore and create new things. Sure, some lines can't be crossed, like using old characters, but in the end, I think it'd be worth it.

Also, I'm open to what can be established as cannon for this new land.

typervader
Group Admin

5504204 Oh! Well then, I did misunderstand. Not sure what to tell you then, just make sure you know whatever you do is safe before you do it. Don't take too many risks until you get bigger

5504208 the idea is to avoid anything copyrighted, and make my own stuff that I can copyright to use, and allow others to use as well.

typervader
Group Admin

5504210 Yea, now a days thats much harder. I wish you luck!

5504212 Thanks. Remember to share this thread, so others can see it. And after some information I got from a friend, this is going to be a Free Domain thing, so everyone use it without the big H.

typervader
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8