The Canterlot Cafe 315 members · 1,706 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Well, lately I noticed something that irritates me a bit. I, like most of you, read stories here now and then, also hear audiobooks on youtube made from stories here every so often and of course I comment below those stories and audiobooks.
Most of the time with positive feedback, or a simple thanks for making it to the author or voice actor(s), sometimes also with a bit of criticism if I feel something was off or didn't fit so well. Now the strange thing is, nearly noone ever replies to them. I mean I reply to nearly all the comments I get and love to speak about my stories, and of course listen to feedback too. Though, of course there are the authors with tons of followers or voice actors with hundrets of fans who simple don't have the time to reply or don't care, but even those with only 3 views for example don't bother to reply anymore these days. Giving that there are so many stories are put in groups to beg for comments and also a lot of audiobooks are places around Fimf for feedback, that feels quite strange to me.

Your thought on this?

7079216 Some authors are weird. Personally I always try to reply to those who comment on my stories. Sometimes I do forget to reply or sometimes choose not to if a comment appears to be a troll comment. If that makes sense.

sure does, if someone cleary only comment to annoy you or without making any sense in their commment there is no reply needed. And forgetting may be a thing a few times, but not that often I expirience it these days, also even a month or two later.

I don't know I usually don;t get any feedback in any of my writing unless I specifically ask for it. Though I think it's because no one wants to make the time to fight in comments with a story author anymore. That or the lower population on this site this many years into the fandom has taken most of the people that make comments. I still see them on the more popular older stories that basically keep this place afloat. But I basically was doomed to obscurity since I started anyway.

I've got pretty good numbers for hack though.

I think you miss my point a bit, I am not concerned that no one leave comments anymore, but that the authors and voice actors don't reply to them anymore.

Ah. That is because they are too busy with real life, or they rather not deal with the readers. Specially those with popular stories whose amounto f comments is so astronomical they would not have lives if they commented to at least a fraction of them.

Yes, I figured they are to popular may be part of the deal, but even those with only a handful of readers are taht way nowadays, thast the strange thing. Real life also surely keeps them busy, but not over month, also, at least the praise should be replied to then, siince every author likes positive feedback, right?:raritywink:

Yeah, at least. Seems odd that not even the praise is been responded too. It's a bit odd.

As a creator i get this sometimes, some may feel that some comments dont need a reply, usually simple praise comments because if they're praising something then its understood theyve already been satisfied by whatever it was. And other times some comments just dont look like they will lead to any kind of engaging conversation. Though it can be handy to have a stock reply for general stuff, i have a heart motif so :heart: works for me. BUT heres a good point, see most social platforms have an upvote or like feature, this site does too but theres no notifications for them and they are anonymous, usually a if someone's like "hey this was cool" and you upvote it or like it, they get notified and its usually understood that it means "i see you! Thanks!" But that doesn't work here.

Good point, a upvote would really go unnoticed. Though, with the amount of comments I made over the last months, I thought at least some replies would fly in.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10