PCPonies 13 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hey everyone!

Today i was digging in my big crate full of computer parts and i found an old radeon hd 2400. And i imediately thought back of the good old moments i had with that card. Because: that hd2400 was my first gaming card ever!

I had it in my first gaming rig ever. (It was a dell... :facehoof:... But hey.. I was twelve years old then.. And i upgraded that dell into a gaming "monster".)

so i decided to put the old card in my server because i just have a bond with that card...

but when i turned on the server itstarts making a realy bad noise from the fan on the card...
it turns out all the lubricant in the fan dried out.. so i oiled the fan and the fan started spinning slowly. but when i ran a benchmark i got a blue screen.. the cqrd overheated because the fan stopped again..

so i decided to give it a better heatsink and fan because i still want to use that card.

so i did this:

i only need to solder the fan wires to the connector on the card pc and then its go time!

ill let you all know if it worked!

and please check out the blog i posted yesterday... i still didnt get any comments on that one :fluttercry:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1