PCPonies 13 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I've been playing around with the registry lately, adding applications so I can just use the run command. I'm curious if anyone here knows how to pass command line arguments via registry.

For example, I want to run snes9x and have it load a ROM when starting the emulator. When making a shortcut, it would look like "Path to emulator" with "Path to ROM" as the argument. I want to shorten it by just using "dkcountry" or whatever game title I want to use.

5380971 uhmm.. Thats a good one!

I know it would work but i dont know how to do it...

I know some people who might know this.

Im going to ask it to them and ill let you know the answer!

And im also going to share this with the software specialized people in this group.

I hope we can solve your problem as fast as we can.

Cool. Thanks.

I asked Microsoft on Twitter about this, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Hopefully it is possible.

5380971 damn, i've been around computers for a while, and even i don't know this one O_O This will be a dumb question, but have you tried googling it? :twilightsheepish:

Indeed I have, but nothing relevant comes up.

5383600 no im sorry.... Just asked it and they all didnt know a way to do it...

But you seem really experienced with coding and or software.

So i would like to ask you if you want to be a new expert in this group?

If you look at the front page we have some people who are good at certain things in the pc category.

If you want to, sure. I've been coding for a long time. C# (Unity) and HTML/CSS primarily, with a bit of C++.

I've also done a bit with GIMP and Sony Vegas.

5385157 Nice! ill add you to the groups homepage with coding as your expertise!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10