Thorax the Changeling King 429 members · 184 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hi everypony,

A while back, I was thinking of how I could write a changeling/Thorax story and came up with a bit of a different idea. I thought up a story where basically its an AU story where changelings are absolutely terrified of ponies. Like, they believe they are total, 100% monsters and they think ponies, even the foals of ponies, can just break changelings like they're twigs. So...the changelings in this AU have been living in hiding for centuries and have only one queen, Chrysalis. She's kept them away from ponies for centuries and made sure they all fear them. (They live right under Equestria in this AU, underground that is. Also, the wedding never happened...or it did happen, just without the changelings messing everything up.)

That is, till Thorax comes along. He's repeatedly bullied by other changelings and eventually runs away. This in turn, he ends up in Ponyville....but then I hit a roadblock.

I don't know where to go from there. After all, I want Thorax to be the one that figures out ponies aren't exactly what they are believed to be...but I can't think of any other ideas. I don't even know who I want him to meet in terms of the mlp cast.

Could I ask for some help over this? Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe have Spike discover him and mistake for a creature from Everfree Forest. He befriends Thorax and tries to show him that ponies are really kind.

5949121 Hmmm...that would work. Though, I definitely need more than that. I want it to be a sort of, Thorax finds out the truth and he wants to reveal it to changelingkind, and the problems that follow due to Chrysalis and other ponies as well.

5949134 Have Thorax slowly befriend the ponies in that time.

5949141 I don't mean that, that's a given. What I mean is that Thorax shows changeling society that ponies aren't bad, that's the main focus. But, what do the ponies think? Remember, this story is based on the fact that changelings have made sure they've never come into contact with ponies for centuries. There was no ruined wedding or anything. How does pony society react to that? To a new species coming out of nowhere.

You could have Twilight interview Thorax and start writing a book on Changelings.

And have her introduce Thorax to Celestia.

5949154 Hmm...that could also work.

Also, could you please reply from now on, it tells me when you comment. Sorry if I sound pushy.

5949094 Can Changeling still Change there looks ?

5950180 'steel change'?

But yes, they can...though I'm not sure if they still change into ponies. I was thinking to say it was forbidden to change into ponies due to their species fear of ponies.

Comment posted by Belated1truth deleted Dec 27th, 2017

Another option is to have Thorax befriend other fellow outcasts that met, interacted with, already befriended ponies. Such as Zecora, Steven Magnet, Cranky, Matilda, Spike, Saddle Arabians, Seabreeze/breezies, Diamond Dogs, or heck if you can get it done Gilda during her visit. That way he can start adjusting slowly and get insight into both pony and other related cultures as a whole. Be it positive or negative. Also maybe include a short recurring subplot involving his brother Pharynx trying to bring him back home and distrusting ponies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12