Those Feeling Left Out or Unpopular 499 members · 3,903 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Sorry. I'm not trying to be ungrateful, impatient, or rude at all. I'm just frustrated about how others keep ignoring or forgetting my new content and I want to know why. Is it because I'm annoying them? Is it because they're busy? Or is it something else entirely?

The reason why I'm having problems with this is because I've come up with a new plot for my rewritten, screenwriting project and everyone on Discord and most of everyone here in Fimfiction refuses to give me an answer for why they won't read any of my new content.

I know there are some who are willing to look at my content and I appreciate that.

If I made you guys upset by doing this, I'm sorry and if you want to give me answer, I won't be asking again.

I wish I had an answer to this, but unfortunately, I don't. I've been having this problem too and I wish I could offer more advice. If you want to link a story you'd want read the most I can give it a read and some feedback/thoughts once I have a little bit of a break from work.

Anyone who’s been on the site for the longest time struggle with that dilemma. Myself included. And there just isn’t an answer for it.

I think the closest answer is that there's simply less people to view the stories.

True, considering Gen 5 didn’t gain much of a cult following like Gen 4 did.

7684850 Personally, I think we're in the twilight zone. G4 is dead and people don't read it. But G5 hasn't started yet and there's not enough content to trust the fanfics.

Another thing you have to consider is that you have to fight for attention even against the fanfictions that were written half a decade ago. Readers don't just read new stuff, they want to read the good stuff. And your fanfiction might not be the best one ever written.

It's been since February since your last story, unless you deleted stories submitted later, so I'm not sure what "new content" you're talking about. Stories with OCs (especially if their writer doesn't have a lot of followers) tend to have a harder time getting views, so stories with them usually have to make up for it. Either having a plot that's interesting (although this is a great idea for any story really:rainbowlaugh:), or having a canon character be the protagonist, or having the OC be unusual (which seems to be more effective in HiE stories when the OC is a human). And even then it may not work or just get overlooked without luck.

If you're talking about non-OC stories, the story might have just been overlooked -- even great stories can get overlooked -- or they didn't seem too interesting or appealing, so their views were low.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8