Flashimmer (Flash SentryXSunset Shimmer) 140 members · 230 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hey everyone. Since discovering that I really like the pairing of Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry, I've had a couple of ideas for stories with the two of them, and I thought I'd share them on this forum :twilightsmile:

If any of you find these ideas interested enough to want to try for yourself, just let me know. ^_^

First story idea I had:

"Love Is In the Air." A zany humor piece, involving Sunset and Flash being partnered on a cooking assignment as part of CHS' preparation for Valentine's Day. The two of them manage to whip up a big batch of chocolate for the occasion, but unfortunately, wild magic leaking from the portal has gotten into the batch, causing the chocolate to act as a kind of love potion... leading to a ridiculous chain of events when several girls (including Applejack, Rarity and Scootaloo) fall madly in love with Flash, while Sunset frantically tries to find a way to undo the mess. Flashshimmer content for this story would mainly be light and humorous near the start with the two of them being partnered, and then around the end I'd work to the two of them ending up together, perhaps the one good thing to come out of the chaos of the day :rainbowlaugh: But again, this would just be a light and silly read.

Second idea I had, though, is much more serious than the first:

"Face of a Demon." An alternate take on Sunset's defeat and depowering from the first movie. While she's been stripped of her powers as a demon and purged of evil, Sunset Shimmer for some reason still has the appearance of a demon: pointed ears, red skin, bat wings and all. Needless to say, she's crushed by this state of transformation, and goes into seclusion in her apartment. The major plot of the story would be about Sunset overcoming her guilt for the past and shame over her new appearance, and adapting to her new state, with the help of the Mane Five, plus Flash of course, who would have a much bigger role in helping Sunset reform and discover her confidence in friendship.

What I was going for with this idea was something evocative of Beauty and the Beast... one of the first images that came to mind with this idea was the thought of Sunset and Flash sharing a dance together. I liked the idea a lot, shameless romantic that I can be. And probably, like the Beast, when Sunset proves herself truly reformed and embracing the Magic of Friendship and all, I'd see her regaining her old human appearance. (Unless of course, someone in the comments convincingly argues otherwise. XD)

(The title, of course, is a reversal of the saying "face of an angel, mind of a demon." I thought it fit the idea of Sunset being reformed, but being stuck with a demon-type appearance.)

So, those are the two major ideas I've had.

I'd like some input on them. What do you guys think? They sound good, could use some work, what?

The second, that is the better of the two

In the first one, it would be interesting that it also works on the guys. 6 of the 7 girls also fall for him and maybe Celestia and Luna.

Ironacly Sunset also eats the chocolate but she is unafected because she is actually in love with Flash.

I really like that idea for Sunset being unaffected by the chocolate. :pinkiehappy: Definitely gonna have to use that, and I'll make sure to credit you for that. XD

In the first one, it would be interesting that it also works on the guys.

Yeah, the way I had it planned, the chocolate causes the eater to fall in love with the first person of the opposite gender that they see. Unfortunately, Flash happens to be in the room when most of the girls try it...

Yeah, in a dramatic and storytelling sense, I do like that one better. But I also wanted to share the silly love-potion chocolate story idea. Nothing wrong with a silly story, if it's told in the right way. :twilightsmile:

That makes sence.

I think I've seen a picture similar to that first idea

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8