Writer's Workshops 142 members · 106 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Flutterpriest
Group Admin

Hey Guys! Thought I would come over and chat briefly about why there's been so little activity.

We're still planning on doing videos. In fact, we're still dedicated to do weekly reviews, and if we can get enough content frontloaded, two videos a week. But between preparation for the Good HiE Podcast, writing, life, and getting resources together to do these videos on a reliable basis, we haven't been able to make new reviews recently. We apologize for this break in content. We wanted to assure that we aren't stopping this group, the reviews or this series.

Recent videos we've done we've also been having other people do voices on the characters. Is this a good change? Is this something you'd like to see continued? Please let us know.

I've been pretty bad at making threads here in the group, so I also wanted to ask how beneficial it is that we post threads here when a new episode is up?

Thank you everyone for your patience. I know it sucks to be hoping for new episodes and the creator just disappears off the face of the Earth with no explanation. Give us a few weeks, and we'll be back in action in Mid-April at the latest.

I think the discussion threads are a useful tool, I'm more than willing to help out on keeping all the stuff up to date for you, if you want me to that is

Recent videos we've done we've also been having other people do voices on the characters. Is this a good change? Is this something you'd like to see continued? Please let us know.

I would say it worked well enough in episode 14, but was somewhat of a mess in episode 15. I've listen to around 100-150 audio books and the only cases where there have been numerous readers have been in stories that switch between a male and female perspective, like for instance The Wheel of Time audio series. Since this is unabridged it will undoubtedly sound weird at places having multiple readers, but I say just have fun and do it in the way you want.

Overall, I'd rather have Pencil do all the female voices, and someone else the male. The mixing of genders in episode 15 was a bit messed up.

I remember the BBC Audio dramatisation of the Sherlock Holmes stories pulled off multiple readers very well, but that was also a heavily abridged version.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3