Starry Eyed Reviews 69 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Fallen Angel N
Group Admin

This time around the story under review is "Those Who Sport With Giants" https://www.fimfiction.net/story/276539/those-who-sport-with-giants

In a story that's pretty long I read till I think I've read a good amount. In this case about 3-4 chapters seemed about a reasonable amount. This story is really good. Something interesting to mention is the portrayal of one of the main characters Derpy. To my knowledge, her personality hasn't really been explored that much in the show so it was interesting to see their take on this. That's there's a lot more that we don't see.

More creative liberties were taken with some of the character's personalities but it doesn't detract from the story, in most cases it ADDS to it. This story has a lot of attention put on the descriptions of the what is happening as well. Not only does it make it easier to picture, it also helps breath life into the story.

However, this story went kinda far with the descriptions, too far in fact. While it is true the details can make a story come alive, they can also bog it down if there are too many of them, and there are. This happened more than a few times as I was reading, and I felt annoyed at times having to keep up with so much. Still, this is an impressive story and one you might be interested in seeing.

Those Who Sport With Giants: 75/100
A real treat for all you sporty story fans. :coolphoto:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1