Homeless Sunset Shimmer 344 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So, Hasbro has released a map of EqG Canterlot that shows where everyone lives...including Sunset. She has a canon home. Does anyone have any theories about how this could work? Because I imagine having no form of documents to prove you exist would make renting an apartment rather difficult.

I guess it cuase she had some gold with her that she exchange for cash or black mail lots and lots of blackmail or pity form an old lady

5864062 wait hold on a minute. How is Sunsets home supposed to be cannon when there have been no mentions of her home in any of the movies and as far as I know there has only been one single comic with the EQG characters which was the holiday special Anon-a-Miss one. Yeah its nice to know that Sunset might have a place to live but I find it hard to believe her home is cannon when it makes more sense to have her staying with one of the girls from the movies.

as for her getting that home I think she could have brought gems or gold with her enough to at least buy her paper work or maybe someone took enough pity on her and gave her a room to stay in for either service of choirs or free. Not sure as to which.

5864109 I don't recall 'The Fall of Sunset Shimmer' very clearly, but I don't remember her coming through the portal with anything at all.

She's also enrolled in a school without documentation. Equestria Girls doesn't take place on our Earth, otherwise, well there definitely would've been investigations (Twilight, a high school student, was able to build a device that can track and contain magic, based on strange readings she'd been getting from standard equipment) and legal actions (Sunset opens up a million and a half can of worms, not to mention Cinch).

This was a map released by Hasbro. There hasn't been any mention of her home, but they never specify her being homeless either (with an opportunity to do that in Rainbow Rocks when Twilight mentioned she slept in the library). As to where she lives, she could've brought gems (a deleted scene from Friendship Games implies bits are worthless), could've had some sort of job (maybe selling assignments pre Fall Formal and tutoring after), or could be on welfare. Heck, the map just points out where she lives, it might not be legally (she could be squatting) or it could be human Sunset's home.

5864062 she's clearly soliciting on the doorstep of that abandoned building either that or she's sleeping in the grocery store bathroom. she's definitely not the first person to do either of those things.

In the 2017 Equestria Girls Summer time shorts this question was answered. Check out Monday blues. It confirms Sunset has a home with a bed and a place to make food.

It's still an interesting premise to explore within writing.

The summer time shorts for 2017 showed Sunset apartment and the recent Equestria Girls forgotten friendship last month showed it to

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9