Bright Mac and Pear Butter 175 members · 67 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I have been thinking back to the episode: “The Perfect Pear” and the original source materiel of Romeo and Juliet. The Shakespeare play I have read back when I was in Jr. High school. As I thought it over, comparing the episode to the play, I have came the an astounding conclusion: the episode was better written then what Shakespeare could have done.

Hear me out! I know what some of you are going to say: “Oh how can you say such a thing you ignorant pompous nobody! You having the audacity of saying that these writers making an episode for kids have wrote something better then what the Bard could? Have you even read a single word of what he wrote?”

However, I’m not talking about the reason why he wrote the play, nor his poetry, or even his complex psychology with its characters. Rather, I’m talking about how this episode did something that was a rather large plot hole in the original: they actually gave Bright Mac and Pear Butter time to not only fall in love, but to grow with that said love. Think about it: the original story have two teenagers (Juliet was about 14 or 15 while Romeo was at least 17 or 18) that instantly fallen in love to where they got married within days and killed themselves practically right after. The Nostalgia Critic made a point that while it’s not an example of real love, but how young love works.

Compare with this episode, it did something with the original that not only made it more interesting, but strengthens it as well. They gave the couple plenty of time before they tied the knot. Although told in flashbacks, it did show that they met when they were young and continued to meet up ever since. You could argue that they weren’t all heads over hooves with one another right off the bat, rather it grew naturally over time. They continued to wanting to be together, even as they too have changed from growing up from kids to teenagers to eventually young adults. While their interests with things like pretending, or music, or even whatever entertained them had changed from year to year, their love did not only changed too, but matured as well. And that alone is why these two are so interesting because of the time to develop such a chemistry.

Like I said, it’s just something I’ve noticed.

Nice! You have some keen observation skills! :twilightsmile:

That's a great point: Bright Mac and Pear Butter's relationship had much better development than Romeo and Juliet's!

Out of all the Romeo and Juliet parodies out there, theirs is definitely the most deep and meaningful. Yes, other Romeo and Juliet couples have great chemistry but it's like you said, Bright Mac and Pear Butter's relationship at least grew and matured.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4