Pandemic 284 members · 30 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Sir Chaos Omega
Group Admin

Hello, this is a general purpose forum thread for chating about about Pandemic, its sequels and sidestories, post whatever you like just please be respectful of other people's opinions and beliefs as they are just as valid as your own, keep personal discussions to PMs and try to remain focused on discussing the series.

To facilitate discussion, here are a few general questions:

1. Which characters do you want to see more of in the Pandemic sequel? Less of? What kind of new characters do you want to see?

-I want to see more of Jenny, because I want to see the perspective of a post-pony human, as she returns to human society, and possibly even go through a period of regretting her rehumanization.

Laura Tanner/Sunrise Storm, because she was such an interesting character in the original story and watching her fully embrace her newfound leadership in a time of still-profound change will be amazing to behold.

The rest of the Mane Six, because they got the short end of the stick in the first story, and each of them have so much to offer to aid in building the Pandemic world and introducing new characters.

The rest of Ponyville. Watching the Cutie Mark Crusaders SOMEHOW go adventuring in the human world would be a riot - with profound consequences. Zecora would be interesting to watch. How would Lyra react? The possibilities are endless.

There isn’t anyone I particularly want less of.

For new, original characters, I want to see a bigoted pony whose personal arc in the story encapsulates all of the nuanced attitudes of Equestrian ponies toward humans and transformed humans. As for a human character, I want to see the perspective of a human ambassador in the Equestrian court, for its potentials of world-building, introducing new characters, and general fun.

2. What facets of the Pandemic world do you most want explored? Politics both foreign and domestic? The new sociology-economic dynamics? International affairs? Techno-scientific research? Etc.

-Considering timeline discussions, I want to see how an upcoming election cycle would play out, considering how the introduction of ponies has thrown the political sphere into utter disarray, and would leave the field wide open for insurgent third parties. I imagine the Libertarians would become rather popular among right-leaning ponies and Greens among the left-leaning.

3. What elements of Pandemic would you rather see play out in a side story rather than the central tale?

-There a lot of things that the Pandemic sequel would be able to tackle during its time, but too much is going on for it to cover. I would say stories covering how warfare has changed in international theaters would be better in its own side story.

4. As of this writing, Stirrings in the World of Human Magi is the only official side story of Pandemic, albeit non-canon. Is this story wanted? What does it do right? What does it do wrong? What should it do?

-As this is my personal work, I will say nothing.

5. SilverWolfFTW is so far the only other writer (except for Sir Chaos Omega?) to publicly state an intention to write a side story to Pandemic. Anyone else want to take a shot? Got any ideas?

-Anyone?

Sir Chaos Omega
Group Admin

I have no plans to write a side story myself I have other stories for other fandoms, I mostly just work on the Pandemic TV Tropes page (any and all help would be appreciated) and help manage this group, plus I like to throw ASGeek2012 some ideas just to see how many stick, like the name Sunrise Storm for example.

I jotted down the first few paragraphs of my tie in today. Going to be a while before anything sees the light of day. Trying to figure out how to keep this story short, because I wasn't looking to make a long story. Unfortunately I have a problem with wrapping things up quickly. I am rereading through Pandemic now so it feels as much part of that continuity as possible.

I'm currently writing the third short story of Stirrings in the World of Human Magi. I hope to have it done by Sunday at the latest.

Third story of Stirrings in the World of Human Magi, Les Affaires Familiales, is complete! Please read and give me your honest opinions!

The fourth and longest chapter of Stirrings in the World of Human Magi is published! It is titled El Sueño De Los Magos, and I want to hear your honest opinions on it!

Two new chapters of Stirrings in the World of Human Magi have been recently published, titled "Dryadhill Manor" and "Blut und Eisen" respectively. The latter chapter has an actual fight scene as its highlight! Would love to hear from everyone about what they think, so long as it is honest.

Sir Chaos Omega
Group Admin

The Sequel to the original story is up.

New chapter to Pandemic: Stirrings in the World of Human Magi has been added! And yes, the story's title has been amended.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10