Pandemic 284 members · 30 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Could we get some banner art and an icon for this group?

I'll look into commissioning one. It might take a little while.

Let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Something commissioned specifically for this group might be perfect. But right now: We don't have an icon or banner art, and getting some would be good. As you said, commissioned art might take a little while. Plus there's always the chance of the commission falling through, or something.

I'm inclined to say: Let's throw something together quickly for now, something that's at least better then nothing. And worry about getting perfect commissioned art later.

Well, I've found something that's a lot better then nothing: "Mers-virus-3D-image" by Scinceside. I think it's pretty. Here's what the group would look like, if we used that as our icon and banner art.

or we could do the game

Icond

Banner

I'm confused. You linked to three image-searches and four pictures. What is it you want to use as an icon and banner? And remember: They're going to have to work when cropped. Compare the original "Mers-virus-3D-image", to the cropped icon and banner versions.

I would let the group Vote of it

p.s. You can make me an Admin and I'll show you

ASGeek2012
Group Admin

We're not looking to make anyone a new admin at the moment.

Also, I would like any pics used for the icon and banner to have something to do with the story. Most of the images you posted don't really seem completely suited to the group,

Fair enough. Anyway: I think the Twilight in hazmat suit, the movie poster, and the world map work when cropped. The rest crop awkwardly.

But I don't think cropping awkwardly should automatically disqualify them. As I said: I don't think we should be aiming for perfect. We should be aiming for something that will do for now. We can always get a better icon and banner later.

the movie poster

What Movie Poster ?

and pick which ever you want

"What Movie Poster ?"

The one that says "PANDEMIC" in big red letters, in the middle of the picture.

"Also, I would like any pics used for the icon and banner to have something to do with the story. Most of the images you posted don't really seem completely suited to the group"

Do you object to the Spike and Zecora one, because they didn't create the virus? And the one of sick ponies, because there wasn't a sickness in Ponyville, and because the infected humans got over the coughing and sneezing well before they became Ponies?

Well, move-style poster then.

A few of us our discussing some options on the discord.

Leading idea seems to be something including major characters from all the canon stories as there isn't really something visually that symbolizes the entire au outright since there's so much going on and it's not based around one character.

Comment posted by Solarfollow deleted Aug 27th, 2020

Anyway: That might be nice. But it'd take some work, someone would have to make a banner with the characters. And there's probably no guarantee that that's ever going to happen.

Banner and icon are now WIP, basic design agreed upon, waiting to hear back from ASGeek for approval. May be done in-house and maybe commissioned, but getting done.

The design would have Sunrise Storm, Sapphire Skies, Silver Eclipse, and Sunset Blessing since those are the most prominent ponies by author in the universe, and would best tie the stories together under one banner.

Design is agreed upon, Lawra is going to see if she is up to drawing it. If not, I'll be paying a commission. Early stage WIP (work in progress).

this Discord !

7312890 7312898
So... I tack it that we don't need the image anymore ?
Test 1
Test 2

Those might be thematic to a different type of pandemic, but not this AU.

ok

p.s. how do you Delete a Group ?

edit fond it

Okay, was saved me trying to walk you through. :twilightsmile:

Okay. But if it takes too long, I say we go ahead with that picture of a virus I originality suggested. We can't go wrong there, this story is about a virus. And we can always switch to something else later.

It's been two years now, forget waiting for the commissioned art to be ready! Let's just use this to make an icon and banner, we can always replace it with some fancy commissioned art later.

Commissioned art was finished a long time ago, not sure why it hasn't been used.

Listed as complete December 6th, 2020.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31