The Official Generation Five Site 697 members · 1,996 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

A sequel to my nighttime thoughts form. This may include headcanons and theories that I would like to share as well.
For context, I posted a form on some other groups talking about some thoughts I have on MLP, and the world around it. Here is a link to my first one right here: (https://www.fimfiction.net/group/214974/the-insane-creators-guild/thread/538585/nighttime-thoughts-questions)

Pipp wings: 

Ever Since we get to see all of the Mane cast of G5, one of the unique designs is Pipp Petals (I almost said Little Pip XD, though I might say something about an alternate G5 in the FoE universe). Pipp Petals’ wings are smaller and not as big and wide as the rest of the pegasi ponies

Pipp’s small wings then get some theories, one of them is that her wings are artificial, which I guess is an interesting theory since Zephyr Heights is a very high tech place, maybe Pipp’s wings need some helpful machinery, or surgery boost to help her open up her wings better. 

Then I came out with my own theories, and some headcanons as well, two of them at least: 

Headcanon theory 1, Pipp’s wings are birth defects. Usually for us humans, sometimes it's normal for some people to get some birth defects on certain parts of the body. Pipp’s wings could just be a birth defect, which is an interesting headcanon for her and also a good representative of people with disabilities. 

Now onto the next headcanon/theory 2, and also warning this is a bit dark: 

Ever since the magic is slowly disappearing, some, or most pegasi, decided to stay on the ground for a while to prevent falling to death (RIP to the ones in the sky). There's even the practice of all pegasi learning to glide down to the ground if their magic disappears forever. 
Since then, a city by the name of Zephyr Heights was built for the new home of the pegasi. When the magic disappears, some of the pegasi manage to either be safe on ground, glide down safely, or pass away. 

What if some of the grounded pegasi wings begin to evolve, and it splits into two types of wings. 

1. Type A: Those wings evolved into longer wing length and it can freely open and spread their feathers as well. Those wings are more common to the G5 pegasi that we know of today such as Zipp Storm (Even though behind the scenes animation wise, my guess is that the bigger pegasi wings are just seen as “realistic”, then again there's always the headcanons). 
  2. Type B: Those wings evolved to be a bit smaller, and have a bit of membrane connecting the structure of the feathers and bones, alongside some muscles in the wings as well. The wings seemingly looked like the pegasus earlier version of the wings of long ago, but this time it seems like the feathers are stuck together, and can be stretched open when opening up the wings without any pain. Though it's unknown how the type B wings work when flying, most says it's due to the air going through the wing’s feathers/membranes and giving them flight (Even tho at the time, the magic is gone) 

Overtime, the genetics of type B wings slowly disappear, and seemly lost in time, making the Type A wings a more superior type of evolution to the body of an average pegasi.  
Then one day, Queen Haven gives birth to two fillies, Zipp and Pipp. Queen Haven then notices that Pipp has the old type B wings, and seemingly not concerned at all (Even though it reminded her of stories of the old pegasi with smaller wings). 

Hence, that's why Pipp’s wings are a bit smaller, it's because somehow down the line of descendants from the Kings and Queens of Zephyr Heights, somepony have the Type B wings and it's passed down generations later to Pipp Petals. 

Next thought, the grand extinction and evolution of the animals of Equestria (ominous title, right..?): 

Inspired by this FIMfiction form from the main G5 group, where a user name Robipony talks about no cats in G5:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/213399/the-official-generation-five-site/thread/531943/no-cats-in-g5 

I remember even agreeing with them, since not only the humanoid cats are hiding, but the diamond dogs are doing the same thing as well..

Though then I came up with a sad and dark thought, what if there was a bit of extinction of certain animals we know of back in G4. Maybe something out of the virus from Planet of the Apes where it killed most of the dogs and cats and left the humans mute (Even though there are some still speaks..) 

In this case, and theory headcanon mode, what if after putting all the magic of Equestria in the Unity Crystals, and for context and in my HC (headcanon): Even though the magic was put in the crystals, there was a countdown to magic disappearing in between g4-g5. 
There was some burst of magic that suddenly appeared in certain animals, in this case over time, like say maybe 2,000 years (Since that what I keep hearing about the time lapse of g4-g5), the animals begin to grow horns and wings and become the G5 animals we know of today. 

Another part is this, and I kinda heard about this as well. To try to explain of what I heard from a few years ago, image this: 
What if there are certain humanoid species evolved in certain planets? In G4, we see plenty of humanoid cats and dogs, due to some certain evolution takes place in Equestria, since the apes and monkeys failed to evolved to be humans in that world, making the ponies and other species more dominant 

Now, when we taken in facts of G5 and also once again talking about evolution: What if those certain animals begin to adopt and slowly change to the appearance of the ponies around them. 
The mice, Cloudpuff himself, snails (Even though we first saw those species in TyT/MyM) and even the Bunnisuses were able to grow wings due to staying around Zephyr Heights. 
The crabs, seagulls, and even the turtle stay the same, due to them staying with the earth ponies and they don’t have any feature besides earth pony magic. 
The raccoonicorns got their horns after evolving and hanging out with the Unicorns in Bridlewood (Though I find it odd that they never made it to the 3d animation, maybe the rendering of fur is a little difficult?) 

Those types of animals in G5 managed to survive and adopt due to the environment around them, and the species as well. 
Now how about the rest of the animals that we saw before in G4..? That's when things get a little dark, yet hopeful…

Remember I mentioned some sort of strange virus has wiped out some of the animals, maybe something similar happened in between G4 and G5 where instead of a virus, its survival competition, plus there's Opaline attacking Equestria as well and making a mess in the area…
Heck, some people dressed as dinosaurs during Halloween and those creatures were dead…
In G5 Nightmare Night, both Sweets and Toots are wearing a cat and dog costume..

Certain animal species when evolving and adapting to environments, there will always be war between the carnivores and herbivores, and omnivores, a circle of life if you want to call that *insert clip of Fluttershy feeding the fish to the meerkats*. 
Down the line, many of the species we know of in G4 went extinct, unless…they managed to survive and what the G5 ponies might now consider them “living fossils”. 
After all, in the real world, there's many examples of living fossils, such as the frilled shark, coelacanths, komodo dragons, and Aardvark (I think we saw those guys in G4..?), red pandas, and many more. 
*and the Fallout tv show soundtrack remix of “I don't want the World on fire is playing XD, here's a link if your interested:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAUPgPJak4&list=PLmEHCcvYzeyyuxv1PcFM3YpQVNgX5nOuW&index=14

It could be possible that some of the cats and dogs, and many more are still alive, just maybe somewhere out there on the other side of the main G5 locations, perhaps still thriving near certain areas such as Fluttershy’s animal sanctuary. 
Same thing goes to the diamond dogs, the cat species like Capper (also I think everyone in Klungtown is dead now, I’m sorry XD, that town might be destined to die any time…), those species might be still living out there, just maybe far away from anything that might will kill them. 

Onto the next thought: Bat ponies, hybrids, and some weird species logic tho that's fine because its a cartoon appearance and we sometimes like turning things to very horrifying yet interesting (looking right at FoE): 

Ah yes the Bat ponies, one of the many underrated species of MLP (Plus getting the Kirin treatment..I’m sorry XD). From making their first appearance in the episode, Luna Eclipsed, to many comics, books, and ocs appearances (Speaking of ocs, is Nyx and Echo still popular these days, what happens to their creators now?), the bat ponies is a very interesting sub species of ponies themselves, and many theories of where they originated from. 

Some say that those ponies are sub species from the pegasi (Since if you want to do something really similar: Earth Ponies and Crystal Ponies, even though there is one pegasi, I’ll get to that later..), some say that they’re a creation from an old curse long ago and now they reside in the mountains where Luna found them, and some other theories as well. 
Here's a video from TobbyMLP that shows some explanation about the Bat Ponies if you want more info: A Closer Look at Bat Ponies in My Little Pony

Bat ponies are an interesting species, and sadly one of the most forgotten ones, there's always headcanons and theories of what happened to them and are they still active in the G5 timeline? 

What do we know about them so far? Well they are known to be nocturnal, which makes sense since actual bats are night time creatures themselves (Even though one time in the comics, two bat ponies did appear during daytime inside a building during a meeting of all creatures, does that count?). 
We know that they served Luna, since the night princess herself saved them from danger, and the species have returned the favor and are forever in debt to her, which makes sense of some bat pony guards walking around the area in the comics. 

How about Fluttershy? Now sure we can all say that spell in “Bats!” have turned her into a bat pony, introducing Flutterbat, and at the end of the episode it assumed that the spell kinda worked, plus there's always the moments of a spell going halfway wrong and it was not bothered for the rest of the series..

Though some say that Fluttershy is related to thestrals, which leads to some interesting aus and hcs since she somewhat still has her fangs..
I heard someone say that Fluttershy is eating more fruit than usual, though I don’t know if that’s true or not…
If that's the case, then Fluttershy is half bat pony now 

As for that one episode where Twilight landed in an alternate universe where Nightmare Moon ruled Equestria, either the Nightmare queen herself put some of her guards in some uniforms, or just straight up transformed all pegasi into bat ponies…

As during the G5 era, I have a sad and dark headcanon of what happen to the bat ponies: 

After the attacks from Opaline and all of the species went into hiding, instead of the three pony tribes whos still keep in touch way before the unity crystals break apart; the bat ponies were told that they too need to move out of their area as well, just like what happen to Ponyville, Cloudale, and Canterlot. 

The bat ponies then found a huge cavern system, presumably just a new one or left by the diamond dogs..that's their new home now. 
Over time, the bat ponies begin to evolve. And almost looking like the pre-transformation changelings instead of the holes. Their eyes now glow in the dark, a little bit flexible, and created their own city down below. 

Though even tho the bat ponies were seemingly lost to time, they build a statue of Luna (Moon queen), Celestia (Sun queen), and Twilight (friend, ally), and since they live so deep below, they now have a fear of burning up under the sunlight. 

What’s your thoughts on what happened to them during the age of G5? Are they living in caves now and forgotten by history, or went extinct? 

Additional note on crystal ponies: 
Even though the crystal ponies are implied to be a subspecies like earth ponies, maybe there is a rare chance of a crystal pegasi, or a unicorn pony? 

Hybrids: 
I've been thinking about this for a while, and it started when my friend and I were roleplaying and some of their ocs are hybrids such as griffin/pony ocs, plus seeing some fanart of zonies (pony-zebra hybrids), and dragon/pony hybrids (Plus I have questions about that..like..how…)
What if hybrid versions of species do exist, and so, would that change how certain species react or do? Would that bring in a whole new species, or a boost in civilization? 
It would bring in the subject of the combination of nature and nurture, and how the hybrids view the world around them. 

Here’s a list of some hybrids that I think could be possible and be interesting ocs when done right: 

Zonies, Zebra/ponies hybrids: usually we see lots of those with Xenith from Fallout Equestria, or some other ocs. Though what if there's a cross between a pegasi or a unicorn to a zebra? Flying zebras might boost the economy a bit by farming, since there's rain, and zebras with horns could help out moving stuff easily. 

Griffins/ponies: Another interesting take on hybrids, plus there might be some ponies with bigger wings and maybe some claws if they got it from their griffin parent. 
Also another strange question, do griffins even lay eggs or just casually give birth like mammals? I’m a bit confused on that part since griffins have bird-like features, yet I don’t think we even saw an egg from a griffin before…

Griffins/seaponies: I might attract some Gallus/Silverstream shippers…tho here's goes nothing: An hybrid between a griffin and a seapony is also a bit interesting, tho here's one thing, would it just be extra feathers or different mane style, since they’re both bird like species. Also would they still inherent some powers of shapeshifting into a seapony, or do they need the crystals to do it, or just simply a pony/seapony hybrid can do that? (Since one of my ocs turns out to be a hybrid of a pegasi and a seapony). 

An alternate version of G5 in the Fallout Equestria Universe: 
*to all Fallout and Fallout Equestria fans, you may need to help me because I’m still on chapter 7, already spoiler on the other chapters tho that's ok, so I might need some refreshers XD* 

Now, I have seen some takes of G5 elements in some FoE aus, even in fanart as well which is really cool. Though. How will the alternate version of the Mane 6 of G5, alongside Maretime Bay, Zephyr Heights, and Bridlewood? How realistic will it be since Twilight does not exist in the FoE universe to create the unity crystals (Even though I heard of a hc/au from a friend that Twilight lives in FoE, plus alongside all the memes of G5 is a sequel to FoE…).

Plus I heard a discussion about this as well in the FoE group form, and how Littlepip would never do the whole unity crystals situation….

First, the separation of the tribes..Maybe there could be some elements from the Fallout show, and spoiler alerts if you haven’t seen the show: The NCR is almost destroyed, with some survivors left…

Maybe that separation once again separates the three pony tribes, alongside some other species as well. 

What would be bringing them back together? Well, since there have been many theories, and even thought it might be true, Opaline is the one that separated the tribes. Maybe an even more twisted and horrifying version of her showed up and messed everything up. 
Maybe what got the pony tribes together once again, and the other species, is teaming up against a common enemy? Cause what if Zephyr Heights is under watch and threatened by Opaline, acting like a secondary base for her. That would make sense if the pegasi saw what Opaline’s minions doing to the earth and the unicorns and went “oh shit we have a common enemy” 

As for Sprout, maybe he turned corrupt as well? 

For the Mane 6 of G5, it is a bit difficult of how they turn out to be in this post apocalypse world of Equestria thats healing from radiation: 

Sunny: A cheerful and hopeful pony of G5, and leader as well. Maybe she still has some of her personality in this au, tho with a twist? Sure yes on some part she still has some positive thoughts, though if those that watch the Fallout show (even I got spoiler a bit tho that's ok), Lucy’s “oki doki” turn from happy to serious mode. 
Maybe Sunny in this au might go through a similar transition? 

Hitch: An earth pony of the law, and always protects others. Since this pony is a sheriff, maybe he might handle controlling a steel ranger suite if he’s ok with it? Plus getting his own battle saddle with stun mode that can go on and off? 

Zipp: A courageous and brave pony, and a good detective. In the original timeline, Zipp doesn't want to be a royal queen, and instead wants to explore the world around her, and discover new things. 
Remember I mentioned that au Opaline is secretly holding Zephyr Heights hostage, maybe not only the entire city is under a threat, though even the royal family as well, and Opaline threatened to “corrupt the royal sisters”. 

Then there's also a thought of Zipp flying in battle in an old Enclave suit, what’s yall think of that? 

Pipp: A pegasi mare that always gives out confidence and inspires others. Similar to her original counterpart, maybe she could be a good singer, heck even perform in some huge opera house where she can sing proudly. 

Misty: WIP 

Izzy: An very creative and active mare, there is a reason why I kinda left her off last. Thinking about Izzy in this world is a little hard, maybe something similar to Sunny’s serious journey to a little different? 
Also Izzy is a literal element of creativity, she could definitely create some weapons, clothing, and armor for others, including her friends, heck maybe have an actual store to sell stuff? 

Then there's another part, and it needed some context, and it's just when I was making the said oc’s bio and went “ohhh what if that oc is connected to Izzy somehow..: 

I have created a oc by the name of Rina Flightline, a pegasi mare with a yellow coat, cyan mane and tail, and used to repair old things and make new stuff from piles of scrap…

Rina is in some way an element of creativity…though personality wise she sometimes acts serious 

Izzy is an element of creativity…

Both like to build stuff from piles of scrap or other things they might use. 

I think I just made a possible echoey descendant of Izzy without noticing at first XD. 

So what’s yall think of my thoughts today? Are there any questions or statements to add?
Thank you for reading ^^ 

• Blackblade
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1