My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 866 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Azure Drache
Group Admin

Over The Moon by Wonderbolt Writer

Pros:
The wordchoice and the more stylish sentence buildup at the beginning.
How Celestia calls her advisor when she is mad at him.
The interaction between Kibit and Celestia in general.
Good metaphors.
Grumby Celestia is entertaining.
Floofy ears are fine!

Cons:
There is not much grief in Celestias acting or descriptions considering it is only three days after Lunas banishment.
The story entertains but is dangerous near to slice of life for a comedy story.

Summary:
What we have here is a story with a sense for decent humour with some points of naughty humour as well. While the big laughter is missing, the several scenes entertain with their well written and thought out content if one has a sense of humour for this kind of comedy.

A welcome surprise was how 'normal' Celestia was displayed here. In this story Celestia is more of a common pony with their flaws then a ruler/sun godness. I must say her interaction with Kibitz, her main adviser and how he reacted to her actions was well done.

Still, it must be said, that the time the story took place is maybe not the best. Directly after Lunas banishment I would imagine Celestia be more into crying or such then frustraterd and with a lack of motivation. If I would loose my sister for 1000 years I would not be so, I don't know, defenetly not so calm as she is.

What I want to point out too is that the story has a pleasurable wordchoice and way to write the sentences. In my opinion at least. I admit I had to google some words as a not native speaker since the author choose some not so common words here and there but it fits for the story.

Rating:
Story idea: 8/10
Writing Style: 8/10
Entertaining factor: 7/10

Total: 7,7/10

Well thank you for the review, Azure! :pinkiehappy: And for the upvote.

After submitting the story to you I reread it myself. And I too thought that there should have been more grief in the story. Especially since it takes place only 3 days after Luna's banishment.

So...while I haven't added any new sad actions or scenes to this story, I did make it a full seven days after Luna's banishment instead of three. I think that'll help a little.

I also put in a new tag - it is now labeled as a comedy/slice of life story. :trollestia:

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and offer up your opinion. I appreciate it! :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2