My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 866 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
The Bricklayer
Group Contributor

Okay, I'm redoing this review just this once. I admit, freely, I did repackage Posh's comments on this story, as he put it. Plagiarized, even. Not my proudest of moments. So credit where credit is due towards Posh, as he did influence this review hugely.

This… was not a good story in any sense, let me just get that out of the way really. To be honest, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

It starts at a bar, with… Trixie’s… shall we say emotional issues being put upfront and for all to display. Sunset walks in and tries to help her through it. She does put her Element of Empathy status on display, but uh… Let’s be honest here. Nothing in this story actually convinces me that she’s actually an embodiment of Empathy. This is what we call an informed trait. Show, not tell. That’ll be popping up a lot in this story. Like, a lot.

Now, there are quite a few offers of sex thrown around, and here’s where the story really grinds to one massive halt. BSDM. That’s not something you just enter into lightly. And yet Sunset doesn’t seem to notice the now hugely drunk by now Trixie is in no sound mind to actually engage in this story of thing.

Now, I may not be the most informed on this particular lifestyle, but even I know that this is something you just don’t do. Like, there are very specific rules in place for safety's sake.

Sunset seems to realize the magnitude of what she’d done. As she very well should. After this, she leaves a bunch of hurried text messages to Trixie. The problem is, we don’t actually know what these text messages entail or if Sunset’s actually apologizing or not or anything at all really. We’re just told this. Show, not tell ladies and gentlemen. 

Then Trixie’s offered a job, by Sunset. Uh… yeah. No. Here’s where it gets really interesting, as never once Sunset does acknowledge that she basically raped Trixie.

Now, what was this story? I can’t… honestly tell really. Was it a story that ruins Sunset’s character for the sake of telling a tale? Was it satire on the entertainment industry? Again, it is impossible to tell here. I can’t really say what my takeaway on this story was, or what it’s even trying to say.

3/10

Thankfully, there is hope on the horizon, as this story has been taken down to... repair it. Leeroy admitted to me he didn't know what he was doing with this story, at least at first, and maybe when it's repaired -if it ever is-, can you send it to me so I can do a re-review?

You only rewrote the review in the sense that you changed your original wording around (which is still based on my wording). The thoughts and the interpretations are still mine. It's still plagiarism.

...I'm not so much angry as I am confused.

Azure Drache
Group Admin

May someone tell me whats going on here?

6949169 I reviewed a story yesterday; the story in question has since been removed. This morning, I checked the comments on the story (not long before it was removed), and found a link to a review written by Bricklayer. His review was a condensed summary of mine, following the same structure and order, and providing the same interpretation of the story that I did.

I commented, called him on it, he denied it, I posted my original review for comparison, he acknowledged the plagiarism and took it down. Then he posted this, which is basically still my review, except the wording's been changed a second time. It also acknowledged that he plagiarized my review originally, while still plagiarizing my review.

The Bricklayer
Group Contributor

Okay, my original review of this story... well, to be honest, it was too close too how Posh reviewed the story.

This… was not a good story in any sense, let me just get that out of the way really. To be honest, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
First off.. What. the. Hell.
Let me get that out of the way. Let me sum up this story. Firstly, Sunset meets up with Trixie at a bar, and from the story she has to be drinking her under the table. Like, there’s no other way to describe it. Trixie’s… shall we say emotional issues drew Sunset to her in the first place, and guess what happens. They’re tossed to the wayside. Sunset then accepts some sexual overtones from a clearly not of sound judgement Trixie.
And Sunset, may I add calls herself the Element of Empathy earlier in the story. This here, ladies and gents, is what we call an informed trait. Because clearly I see no Empathy here whatsoever. She has failed to notice Trixie’s emotional state, or just doesn’t care. Then she launches into a BSDM roleplay with her.
What.
Now, I may not be the most informed on this particular lifestyle, but even I know that this is something you just don’t do. Like, there’s very specific rules on not having this kind of thing with people who are potential risks.
Then, after realizing she basically more or less raped Trixie, guess what Sunset does? She flees, and leaves a bunch of hurried text messages to Trixie. None of which we actually see. Show, not tell ladies and gentlemen. She then pops a few headache pills, calls Trixie and basically offers her a job.
Never even acknowledging that she basically raped Trixie.
Well, if you were going for a commentary on the entertainment industry and the predatory behavior in it, a satirical one I can sorta see it. However, if you were also going for a story that completely ruins Sunset’s character for the sake of a story… well… You did that as well.
3/10

Posh can send you screencaps of his review. Now, I'm not exactly clear on plagiarizing thoughts and character interpretations really. As far as I can see, anyone can come to the exact same alternative character interpretations of how the story was done and such. In this redone review, there are some similarities, yes, but there's more than enough differences as well.

Posh #6 · Aug 7th, 2019 · · 1 ·

6949177 It's the same review, bro! If you take something someone else wrote and keep their thoughts and paraphrase them closely without crediting them, then that's still plagiarism. If you rewrite what you wrote before, and you're still paraphrasing the same thing you were paraphrasing before, and you're still not crediting them, then that's still plagiarism.

Appearances to the contrary, I'm not even mad at this point; I'm confused and quietly amused at the same time. I'm confmused. Has... has nobody told you what plagiarism is before?

I'm gonna link to the screenshot; I figure that'll be easier. EDIT: ah, whatever, here's the embed

The Bricklayer
Group Contributor

Look, I've accepted my mistake, my rather large mistake, and you have made your point time and time again. You say you're not mad, but the impression I get is very different. Now, can you move along about your day?

Azure Drache
Group Admin

Okay I read both your reviews yet. Well I too must say Bricklayer that while the points are important and must be adressed, you did mostly wrote the same review as Posh. Same build up and same points of focus in same order.:applejackunsure:

Either give Posh credit for it or take it down and write a new one, with your own thoughts and focus about the story.

The Bricklayer
Group Contributor

And there we go. Posh has been given proper credit where it's due, as said here.

So credit where credit is due towards Posh, as he did influence this review hugely.

Azure Drache
Group Admin

Seems fine to me than.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11