My Little Reviews & Feedback 508 members · 868 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
EShining Armor is Best Colt
Shining Armor is my name, and my comfortable life is rudely intruded on by a little filly. Wait, who is "Twilight Sparkle"? I am talking about Mi Amore Stinky Plot!
Damaged · 6.6k words  ·  120  2 · 2.1k views

Summary of Story here: Shining Armor had the best life ever. His Dad was literally the most awesome stallion in all Equestria (even though he was a cheat and played dirty). His Mom played even more dirty, and always seemed to win, but was the best mom in all of the whole of Equus.

It was perfect, just the three of them, until a filly intruded on their lives. Cadance von Cooties was her name, well, "von Cooties" was a title popularly applied to her. There is a reason she has this infamous title: she was a cootie sorceress. She could bend ponies' minds merely with the power of her cooties, and she was moving into Shining's house!

Initial thoughts: A story about young Shining Armor and Cadance. I wonder what might happen! Well don't want to spoil things here, but I just want to say, I really liked this story. 9/10.

What I liked: Shining Armor acting like a little brat at times, it's nice to know that even the good boys can make bad choices, and had to grow from them. Him having these little flaws are what will eventually make him into the Canterlot guard he would become. I liked how Cadance wasn't from around the area and was the "new girl" and that Twilight Velvet welcomed her into her home without a second thought, knowing it would be good for her, and Shining. The whole tale is just wholesome. Like a chocolate chip cookie, full of yummy goodness.

What I didn't like: Um...Hmm. I can't really think of anything I didn't like. I know? How odd right? Well kudos to you Damaged. Let's move on to Grammar now.

Grammar: I did notice just a few missed misspellings, and slight misplacing of commas, but nothing that stood out or was too distracting to my enjoyment of the piece. 9/10

Characterzation: I could easily picture Shining Armor acting like this as a colt, same with Cadance. I also like the more motherly role that Twilight Velvet takes, but how she doesn't interfere too much and let's her son learn on his own. For the most part. She does give him the stare. Perhaps Fluttershy learned this from her? Maybe? lolz. 10/10

Story/Concept: A simple concept that was executed with tender loving care. It was clear that Damaged took his time with this, despite it's shortness, it feels whole. You just get this warm and fuzzy feeling after you finish it. And you can tell how this might have helped be the start of the future romance that Shining would have with Mi Amore Cazdena or Cadance. 10/10

Overall thoughts: I loved this story! I favorited and upvoted it for a reason. Damaged does a really good job, and it excites me to read more of their stuff. I spend most of my reading time reviewing stories, but hopefully, I'll find some time to pick up some more stories like these to read just to enjoy. And feel a bit happier by the end of it. 9/10.

Final score: 9+10+9+10+10=48/50
10/10
Highly recommended to anyone that enjoys, slice of life, character growth, colts being silly, and childish, and just really anyone that enjoys Shining Armor as a character.

To Damaged: Keep being awesome, and if you have any comments or concerns regarding the review, just let me know. I promise I don't bite. Much~

7064028 Thanks for the review! This is, I would say, one of my best E rated fics. It might not be as expansive as Harry Potter and the Crystal Empire, but I set out to write something that could be an episode of the show, and I like to think I carried that out.

Glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2