My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 866 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Light Heart101
Group Contributor

Disco!
Written by Nailah

Summary: Scootaloo convinces Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom to go to a night club with her, having no idea what it's like, the three decide to check it out.

Short story written for the speed write off with the theme "Disco"
well it was "panic at the disco" but I saw Disco and just ran with it. Let me know what you think!

Analysis: If this wasn't for a speed writing contest, I would be having problems with some of the details of this story. It's abruptly short, has improper paragraphs, and doesn't do much with the premise. This is one of the first times I had to handle a story that had a different goal than to tell a clear story. This was made for a competition where the writer didn't even get to pick what his story is about.

So, in the understanding of the point that this story was for a competition, I'll give three mercy points in the rating.

Grammar: 7/10 It's like an endless line of text. I do believe that the writer's intention was to try and write as fast as possible, and his spelling looks on par. My big problem with the paragraphs is that it makes the story hard to read. There are some letters that need to be capitalized, and there would be some commas in places

The plot of the story: 6/10 Okay, the idea of the CMC going to the club has some promise for shenanigans. The problem is that the plot doesn't go anywhere. The most fun in the plot is the building of entering the Disco place.

Story flow: 5/10 Such an abrupt ending! The story does nothing after they get into the disco place! It looks like it was building into something, but then it was cut off right at the end! My only guess is that the writer ran out of time, but it makes me ask where this story was going.

Final score: 21/30 7/10

I would love to ask the writer if he had a bigger plan for this story, and would all honestly like to see him/her take another shot at this story while taking his/her time. I had to give a lot of understanding because this was supposed to be a rushed story with a random topic and a limited amount of time, thus you have a cut off plot and some rushed grammar mistakes. This story is far from perfect, but that's how it was meant to be.

My best recommendation is to try and do an extended version of this story and see what new details you can add to add more life to this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1