My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 866 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Light Heart101
Group Contributor
EWhy are our legs so long?!
Twilight here asking the REAL questions.
TechnoNerd · 1.2k words  ·  29  2 · 709 views

Story summary: Ever since Twilight entered the mirror portal for the very first time, a question has been burning at the back of her head...

Why the heck do humans have such long legs?

Actually, make that two questions.

Can they give her some of their height?

Warnings: OOC Twilight, the brutal murder of the random tag, and the risk of your knees being stolen tonight by none other than Twilight Sparkle herself.

My analysis: You know those stories that seem to rely on the random and ludicrous? This is one of those. Don't get me wrong. This is a good story. In order to make something so random and chaotic and have it blend with a simple basis.

Compare it to making cupcakes. You have limitless possibilities with the batter, frosting, fillings, and garnish. There are a million ways to bake, mix, and match, but also a million ways to make things clash and mess things up. It's knowing what can work together, what complements each other, and what leaves us satisfied.

This chaotic story works beautifully, mixing a funny story concept with a few forth wall breaks. I enjoyed the ridiculousness of the story, and recommend you all give it a read.

Grammar: 10/10 Any error that I had found seemed to be intentional, from rather sudden transition to a... would I even call it an ad? Read it for yourself and tell me to the barely readable bit of dialogue. I can't find any obvious spelling errors.

Story plot: 10/10 Okay, I love the unique premise that this story is laid on. It's so unique and not something I have seen before. I always give my top ranking in this category if they can come up with something that's out of the box, and this fits that criteria.

Story flow: 9/10 The only point I am taking off is because I'm stuck on Sweetie Giraffe and the sudden transition to the I wanna say ad, but it's not technically selling anything... where was I? Oh yeah.... Besides that, it blends together rather well.

Final score: 29/30 9.6/10

How to improve.

I can't think of any real forms of improvement with this story, since it thrives on the chaotic nature it builds on, and lives for the humorous nature it builds on. I think that this story is well worth a read for a good laugh, and deserves the attention and praise it gets. But seriously... the ad... why do they want my hair growing rights, why is there no mail in address... I'm confused...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2