Cozy Glow 583 members · 946 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

A while ago, I made a story called Glow in the Dark that delved into what Cozy's backstory could've been using real evidence from the show. In the story, there were characters involved in shaping Cozy into the filly she became by the time of Marks For Effort, and unfortunately for them, their lives were shaped for the worst after Cozy was done with them.

My question is this: since these characters are directly involved with Cozy Glow, would a story about their aftermath be allowed in a place like this even if Cozy Glow is not directly present? It takes place immediately where it leaves off in Cozy's backstory.

It depends on the situation of the world that the Cozy-centric story takes place in.

I am currently at-work on a series that also follows Cozy Glow as a central figure to the plot; but this Cozy which is set around Season 5-6 is completely different from the Cozy Glow we first meet in Seasons 8 & 9, and that it is not just how her personality changed her friends, but also how her friends personalities had rubbed off on her as well: and in some cases, those personalities are very self-destructive and spiteful at the world around them. Think of Naofumi Iwatani from The Rising of the Shield Hero, or Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil for such examples of character personalities to be on the lookout for.

And that most of this is directed as a vengeful hatred towards the destruction of not a people, but of ideas. Several ideas that are shown as the object of Cozy Glows' ire are the notions of "Destiny" and "Prophecy"; which she had been victimized by when she was only four-years old. As a result, Cozy decided to take matters into her own hooves: to become the Hero she wanted and not be cosigned as a Villain like Destiny said she was. By the time Twilight Sparkle and friends finally learn about Cozy Glow: she has already done far too many things than they had accomplished with the intent of making all of their victories over the course of the last decade completely meaningless; and that she will make sure to kill every single threat that would be thrown at Equestria: she don't care if she has to slaughter every cult, tyrant, Empire, or even ELDRITCH GOD in her way to do this...

the dobermans
Group Admin

As far as rules go, sure!

If so, then that is extremely exciting because I've wanted to put this story out there for quite some time now. Where are the specific rules though so I can be sure that everything goes according to them for this story? If you were just using a figure of speech then that's fine but if there are actual specific rules to look at first (specific to this Cozy Glow community) before posting a story, then I'd be appreciative if you directed me to that.

I am currently at-work on a series that also follows Cozy Glow as a central figure to the plot; but this Cozy which is set around Season 5-6 is completely different from the Cozy Glow we first meet in Seasons 8 & 9, and that it is not just how her personality changed her friends, but also how her friends personalities had rubbed off on her as well: and in some cases, those personalities are very self-destructive and spiteful at the world around them.

Look forward to what you come up with - Cozy Glow certainly does not have a lot out there as far as backstory. One notable effort is this one on Youtube.

FWIW - I have always thought of Cozy Glow as the poster child of a Machiavellian. Per Wikipedia:

In the field of personality psychology, Machiavellianism is a personality trait centered on manipulativeness, callousness, and indifference to morality.

Machiavellianism (psychology) - Wikipedia

I'm currently working on a story project, set in a dark souls-esk universe, that features a Cozy-esk character that strongly resembles our favorite filly with some slight tweaks to personality and appearance.

The basic idea for this character is that she's a knight on a quest that joins up with the main characters, by chance, cause they have similar goals. To clarify my thoughts on the subject, basically, the idea I had for this character's personality is a cross between the original Cozy Glow and Rainbow Dash.

I'm interested in your thoughts and open to any suggestions that anyone might have for how to progress with this story so feel free to PM me if you're interested and I hope to get more written soon so I can introduce this character.

the dobermans
Group Admin

I prefer to keep rules at a minimum for this group (partially out of respect for Cozy), so really, stories posted here just need to adhere to the site rules, and in some way have Cozy as a central theme or character.

As an example, one of the prior contest entries had her as a statue for the entire story (nothing from her POV and no dialogue for her). It was great, and perfectly acceptable for the group.

Okay then that's perfect. My story (called COLD) is about how the main characters try to survive after the events of what Cozy Glow did to them in the prequel. Although Cozy Glow is not in it, she is referred to multiple times throughout it. The setting to it is also the same setting that Glow in the Dark took place in as well, so hopefully the helps too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8