Fi(L)mFiction 146 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hi everyone, I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on filmmaker Denis Villeneuve? I've always loved his films, and my first experience with him was seeing Sicario (2015) in theaters with my family. It was a thrilling experience, and some of those long tracking shots and how he directed those action sequences really elevated to the film into this thriller that doesn't let go. Arrival (2016) was really unique, and everything from the direction to the cinematography and the production design that is epic and mysterious, especially on the alien ships. Some of those sequences actually made my dad and I tear up, they were so good. I still have to see Prisoners, Enemy, and Blade Runner 2049, but I can't wait to and I'm planning on some of those this summer.

Also have to give a shoutout to Johann Johannsson (may he rest in peace) for providing some of the best music I've heard in film for a few of these films. Personally, I love Villeneuve's work, and I think he's a talented director more people should know, along with Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Hush, Gerald's Game, The Haunting of Hill House, Doctor Sleep). Dune is a challenge to adapt, even David Lynch was unhappy with how it went. But from what I've seen from Villeneuve's work and some of the stills from the film, I cannot wait to see it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1