FiM Will Live on FOREVER! 1,285 members · 21,050 stories
Comments ( 129 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 129

Love the original series for it's grittiness and believable humanity and Wing because the mecha are the coolest. Also been watching Iron Blood Orphans on Netflix, and that's piqued my interest.
Did have a fling with 00, didn't go the direction I was expecting though. Wasn't sure about season 2 or the movie.

As a kid my top 3 anime were pokemon, dragon ball and Gundam. Did you know that Peter cullen nsrrated the trailers for wing?

Optimus Prime?
A giant robot narrating stories about giant robots?
Sweet :pinkiehappy:

Wait, I found out the Malaysia ones you speak of are Region 0, which means Region Free, so they'll play on ANY player. This changes things... and they're on their way. You were right.

Well I would say in a good way on the bad way it kind of depends on peoples opinions but there's no doubt that this was the most unexpected fan down that this show ever had

Again, not true. Hasbro didn't change their minds about anything. They have always been very strict regarding the copyright of their properties, including MLP. This is why they only upload clips of the show to their YouTube channel and have been known to give YouTube videos featuring footage of MLP copyright strikes.

If anything this proves my point. They have no reason to be so strict about a show that a.) They have zero intention of profiting off of, and b.) They only consider a "sideshow" to their toys. Why so overprotective of something they don't even care about? And any company that truly cares for its fans will not put that horse-effing garbage before them.

7471690 What was wrong with G1? :rainbowhuh:

It will be remembered the same way Vietnam is.

Nothing. And speaking of G1, Hasbro had previously disowned it as well, but unlike when they disowned G4, they didn't care what other people did with it, UNTIL they reclaimed it after introducing G4 Tirek, feeling it would likely spark renewed interest in G1 or whatever.

7472315 Hasbro never disowned G4. What on Earth are you talking about? :rainbowhuh:

Watch when the next expiration date for MLP on Netflix and Hulu comes. I bet you anything Hasbro doesn't renew it.

Side note, I just watched the two episodes I hadn't seen to get the counts of tail play. Yakity Sax has eight counts but now I can say I seen it and hate it. Father Knows Beast... wasn't terrible, just wasted potential, and two counts.

YES! G4 may be forgotten, but the others will be better (maybe) and be remembered.

G4 will not be forgotten. Just like we haven't forgotten Shakespeare.

This presents a sad question.

The media, the show itself, will still go on forever, that much is certain. To the very extreme, at least Hasbro will keep their own copy of the seasons, for cataloging purposes.

But as for the Fandom itself I am not sure. I hope that it will continue, because if not than I got into the Fandom way too late, but as people every years start going to collage, and growing up, unless the new generations come in and find the same love that we do in FiM, this Fandom may not survive.

I mean, it's already happening. If you look down at the bottom, you can see that the user count for this website has steadily decreased for the past months as other users get into other Fandom. Who knows what'll happen once Gen 5 actually comes out?

All I want is a proper EQG send-off, and I can rest in peace, but goddammit Hasbro you moneymaking Jerusalem.

The toys, not the show, was their cash cow. The original MLP wasn't even meant to be a fulll show, but rather just to showoff the toys. Why do you think they have so much product placement by having the characters change outfits ever season?

7507290 True, but regardless the show went on for nine years.

It will live on for me and I think many other fans.

It helped get me out of depression so no matter how inactive or active I am in the fandom I’ll always remember it.

Wow, many people like to crossover popular series (anime, cartoon)

Me: crossover with unpopular game (hurt me a lot :pinkiesad2:)

Comment posted by StormLuna deleted Jul 12th, 2021

Websites like this will keep it popular for a long time. And whatever you may feel about A New Generation, if nothing else, it will make people curious about the previous Generation.

And there's nothing saying it won't come back to Netflix and Hulu. After all, Digimon Adventure and Adventure 2 ended over two decades ago and are now on both websites. Transformers and Beast Wars ended looooooong ago and they've come to Netflix as well.

Adventure 01 is back? (I mean, I got the whole set on DVD but still)

I noticed this happened with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as well.

Newcomers to Beast Wars will likely be impressed. It's one of my favorite shows. It's also the first thing I heard Scott McNeil in, with four distinctly different voices: Rattrap, Dinobot, Waspinator, and Silverbolt.

Here's to hoping FiM will live on forever!

Knowing how popular it was, it will definitely be remembered greatly for decades. However, even G4 isn't without flaws. Although I can understand that in later seasons, they wanted to give some time to the minor or side characters, even that had its limits. Also, it felt as if only the episodes at the beginning and ending of the seasons really played a role while those in between had almost nothing to do but fill in a season. More importantly, the ending was sort of anti-climactic because they didn't face the real Grogar and we'll probably never what was going to happen with the real one or even what would have been the case if Discord did end with the bell. On a side note, I still think a huge opportunity was missed by not adapting Megan into the show despite how many other G1 characters were placed in, plus there is a lot of fanart that even shows her with them, though I will be happy if later generations will revive her. Overall, we got what we got and have to accept that it is what it is. Anything else that didn't happen and should have, I will also call it a missed opportunity as well, though not having Megan adapted into it is really just the tip of the iceberg if you catch my drift.

I'll always love MLP FIM no matter what. It'll always be in my heart.

If the Mane 6 would like to be hugged, petted, or even booped to help them feel better after their show ending, they know who to turn to.

What I would like to see is a proper redoing of the series with A.I. voicing and without the pesky episode restrictions. Obviously not from Hasbro or anyone official. Fix animation errors, some of the... worse dialogue, add depth where it's needed, and generally improve animation quality (especially in Seasons 1 and 2). This would have to happen in the far future, like I'm thinking in 100+ years, but I'm certainly going to keep it in mind if I can live that long. Technology has a long way to go before it is even worthwhile doing over, and only the best will suffice for pony!

I'm getting the entire main series (all seasons, the movie and the first three EG films) precisely so I never forget it.

Happy 13 anniversary to My Little Pony friendship is Magic still won't forget the time that I discover the show from YouTube notification

Both FiM and the CMC's cutie marks.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 129