A Cozy Redo 153 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 65 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 65

Why do we care so much about Cozy being a child? I think outside people would think we are just villain apologists, and find that we have weak points. They are countless examples in fiction, and in real life of children being evil. In a lot of fiction, the evil kid doesn’t get reformed. Personally in the show, I would actually be find if the show put her in jail. A lighter punishment. They don’t have to reform her. The show also tries to establish her as a final villain. Even though I find her a crappy villain in general.

Because too many in the fandom are unthinking like that. It was made crystal clear in Season 8 that there was no hope for her. People only use the child excuse because they can't accept the reality that Hasbro made plain for all to see.

That's what I get from it, anyway.

I think the real issue is the poor writing in Season 8. Considering how suddenly Cozy's personality changes in the season, I'm pretty certain that Cozy was not meant to be the final boss, but the story was rewritten partway through.

I think Chrysalis being the main villain of season 8 will be a better idea.

Children do not have fully developed brains or the ability to reason properly. This makes it extremely difficult for them to understand the ramifications of their actions.

Can you see the evidence to that Cozy. Who is also a poorly made twist villain.

I honestly thought they were setting that up when I first watched S8.

Boy, was I disappointed.

As much I like Crozy Glow they did her so poorly

Being a child/underage is a reasonable and admissable reason why her guilt is debatable.

But do you think people will think that we are villain apologists or something like that.

I think the real reason why we are so affected at Cozy being a child. Is from how the show keeps redeeming every other villain. Also with show main target audience being young kids. With Cozy’s final fate being turned to stone forever. You know for kids.

That's their mistake to make.

Like I said. It’s not like other evil kids in other media get reformed. Or people feeling sorry for them. Sometimes even making the kid a pure irredeemable monster. Like Henry Evans from the Good Son for instance.

Because her being a child doesn't matter and it adds absolutely nothing to her character. We don't find out why she became a bitter, angry kid that wanted to destroy the world. All we know is that she just does.

She may as well have been a fully grown mare because it would have changed nothing. It really comes off as nothing more than cheap shock value.

Even though Cozy is a sucky villain in my opinion. Her main focus is that she wants power.

But why? What's her motivation? As a child? None of it goes answered.

The way she was written prevents her from being redeemed, which is something I will not accept. That's why I'm writing my fic to address this.

What do you think of other evil children (Baby Doll, Darla Dimple, Princess Morbucks). I’m not adding Stevie Griffin and Eric Cartman. They are from adult cartoons.

Morbucks is a conceited rich girl who craves attention. We at least know WHY she craves attention. Just like Remy Buxaplenty from Fairly Odd Parents.

Don't know about those other two. But There is at least a baseline reason for Morbucks to be evil. Unlike Cozy who we know nothing about.

"Why do we care so much about Cozy being a child?"
You asked a very simple question, yet you struggle with an answer. This is both baffling and terrifying, because some nations were able to answer it over 1000 years ago, yet you have really hard time to understand, or even answer it properly.
Let me give you an example.

If a 10 years old girl, dressed very indecently, starts twerking and making lewd faces to you, would you:

1. accept it as a completely justified sexual offer, then proceed with having sex with her
2. tell her to stop, explain why this is very bad and call the cops to check her parents

You see, this is a very similar setup. It's horrifying that so many br0nies don't see a difference between an adult and a kid trying to act like an adult.

7346224 The issue is that Cozy as a child doesn't do anything for her character. What do we get out of her being a child villain other than just her being a twist villain we all saw coming? If you take away her being a child then nothing else about her makes sense.

Comment posted by Splashtraveler47 deleted Oct 5th, 2020

The reason why I’m asking is because I hear a lot of people saying that she is an irredeemable villain. People saying her crimes are unforgivable, that she is pure evil. I also have watched and heard about media. Where a kid is the villain.

7346610 For that to work there must be a very good reason. We have to see for ourselves that the child is indeed beyond salvation. There's a reason why child villains are so rarely seen, people can probably count the number of examples on one hand.

And with Cozy Glow, we don't even know if she really is a child or not. We know nothing about her or how she was able to do any of what she did with no one knowing or suspecting.

Basically what SuperPink said. Without any proper motivation or reasoning behind the character's actions, we can't properly deduce whether or not she is truly irredeemable. This is why child villains are rarely seen in children's media. Characters like these (such as Eric Cartman and Stewie Griffin) only work in adult cartoons because you don't necessarily need to have clear a motive in media made for adults. It's meant to be parody and humorous.

But for children, it's important to show why character X is wrong and character Y is right. If all the show/movie does is tell them, then it won't register. It won't resonate the child. But if they're shown these sorts of things, it'll make all the difference. For example. In Cinderella. If it was about Cinderella going to a ball and she just says her sisters are evil, we won't really know or care about her. But the movie actually shows us why we should care. Her stepsisters treat her like crap and are mean. They're clearly the bad guys while CInderella just wants to do the right thing.

Same for Cozy. We're not shown anything regarding the fact that she's evil. We're not shown who, what, when, where, why, or how she became evil. We're just told she's evil and she does evil things because...potatoes. I don't know. We're not told. Whether or not she's redeemable is irrelevant. The fact the writers never gave her a proper reason to exist shows that they didn't care. if they didn't care, why should we?

Personally I actually really feel creeped out by the fact that a kid is considered irredeemable. Even if I look into her more. She is a bad twist villain. Like Prince Hans, and Rourke from Atlantis the Lost Empire.

I'm creeped out too, but I don't care what other people think. I reject what the canon has shown and have written my own interpretation with my fic.

Comment posted by Splashtraveler47 deleted Feb 24th, 2021

Nah I'm saying I don't care how others see me. XD

But I agree, she was a horribly written villain.

Hey do you like or dislike child characters for what they are. Like hating them for being very mean, flat, annoying or Mary Sues. Or liking them for being relatable, nice, mean with redeeming qualities. Or being evil. But written correctly. Unlike this filly. I’m more into good and bad writing.

Usually if a character is written well, I'll like them. If not, I'll dislike them. Age doesn't really matter.

Of child characters? Look no further than something like Arthur for that.

I mean give examples of child characters you like or dislike.

Some of my favorites are the kids from South Park. Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, Craig, Butters, Wendy, etc. They're all really funny in their own ways.

What about ones you dislike?

Basically a character whose sole purpose is to be annoying like Poof from Fairly Odd Parents or mean like Angelica from Rugrats.

Can you give examples of irredeemable villains, and why they are irredeemable?

7356122 Look no further than Queen Chrysalis and Lord Tirek. Both were given numerous opportunities even before being recruited by Grogar to reconsider their life choices. Not only did they reject the second chances they got, but they continued to focus solely on themselves and wanted to make it sound like they had no choice. Chrysalis thought her hive had betrayed her instead of them overthrowing her for subjugating and starving them. And Tirek believed his brother was a traitor for befriending the ponies instead of helping to conquer them, and even after being thrown into Tartarus tried to devise a way to leave Equestria permantely defenseless.

A good non-MLP example would be Thanos from the Marvel Universe. He wanted nothing more than to control the entire universe as a god and kill everyone for his own gain.

Didn’t Cozy go to the school of friendship, and learned friendship lessons there. I know it sounds lame.

Just as a front to hide her true intentions, it seems.

She likely went there just to manipulate everyone.

How evil is Cozy Glow. Is she as evil. As in genocide.

Probably...scary thought.

She wanted to destroy the world...

I didn’t ever hear her say that she wanted to destroy the world. I heard her more like she wants to get more power.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 65