My Little Lion King 67 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I have to be honest. I will give credit where credit is due. I, like many of you, despise the remake for many reasons; however, I personally do not hate this version of Scar completely since there some things about him I like which not many people take notice of.

It was definitely interesting to see him as more resentful, angry, and violent than how the original version was depicted. I just wish that he didn't come across as too depressed and lifeless throughout his dialogue. I also liked how smart he was when he made an alliance with the hyenas (despite how much that scene made little sense to me). For instance, Scar is less verbally abusive towards them and actually keeps his word in making sure the hyenas were well-fed to ensure their utmost loyalty to him. He even allowed the lionesses to eat after them. That would explain why Scar didn't insult the hyenas' intelligence when he was "singing" Be Prepared.

Heck, he is even braver than his original counterpart. Unlike the animated version who begged for mercy when he was cornered and eaten alive, this Scar tries to fight off the hyenas although in vain.

Those are the only things I like about him. If only he had a better design, was more subtle, more charismatic, and Chiwetel Ejiofor putting more effort in voicing the villain and not sound like he was reading the script half-asleep, I surely would have liked him a lot more.

It was definitely interesting to see him as more resentful, angry, and violent than how the original version was depicted. I just wish that he didn't come across as too depressed and lifeless throughout his dialogue.

As someone’s who’s been resentful and angry about the last season of MLP for quite a while now, trust me when I say it’s normal to come across as rather depressed and lifeless.

Scar’s characterization and Ejiofor’s performance were pretty much some of the only saving graces of the film. I just wish they weren’t so underused by lackluster material.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3