Twilight Sparkle 4,762 members · 12,315 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Is it really better or worse for Twilight to outlive her friends due to being an alicorn?

I don’t know.

She didn't seem to be happy when she was sitting at the table with Cadence and Flurry Heart, though I don't know why Shinning Armor wasn't there with them as a reminder to her family.

That’s what stories are for if somebody doesn’t like the fact that Twilight out lives her friends, they can write about her not outliving her friends.

in fact, this question is part of the reasoning on the topic "is it good to be immortal?" At the same time, not the most pleasant part of this topic. Perhaps for the next couple of generations, Twilight will grieve for all her friends, old and new. however, over time, her views on this may change to "I lost them, but while I'm alive - there is a possibility to make new ones".
Also, to preserve the memory of friends, she can carry their legacy into the pony world.

Headcanon: Shining Armor becomes an alicorn, which helps Twilight make her fell better about this situation and she always says to him , “At least I still have you.”

The "Immortality Blues" thing always puzzles me. Just because you have an expiry date doesn't mean you're not also going to suffer loss and grief. Mortals outlive their friends all the time.

What kind of idiocy is this kind of question? No offence to the original poser of the question but seriously why do people ask this question. Twilight, ignoring alicornification, is an immensely powerful magic user. Almost all the of the near immortal beings who aren't arguably gods are also of this category meaning she was going to outlive all her friends from the start barring something actively killing her. Becoming an alicorn just punctuated that fact. She will still have Spike for instance for at least hundreds of years if not more given that he is a dragon so it isn't like she will be outliving all of them anytime soon. There is also the fact that given Granny Smith is something like 300 or so I don't see her losing Applejack anytime soon either. Pinkie is possibly an outer god and who knows what shenanigans Discord may pull to keep Fluttershy around. Losing her friends permanently isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Barring this simple consideration people outlive each other all the time including their friends. I've outlived several friends and family myself for instance. It isn't some doom of eternal sorrow in reality so why would it somehow become such for an immortal in a fantasy setting? Loss is part of life and a rather constant one in my experience.

First of all, I didn't make this video, someone else did. All I did was find and post it. Nonetheless, Twilight doesn't want to miss her friends especially when she has known them ever since the show started. She can always ask the Royal Sisters and Pillars what it's like to lose someone they knew because it's very likely that everyone they knew from their early days are dead. Although I do think that she will get over it, this won't be something that will happen overnight for her.

Judging by Make Your Mark Chapter 6, Twilight didn't outlive her friends. Just like the old showrunners said she wouldn't.

In the end, it was Spike who outlived them all. Not Twilight. :fluttercry:

Twilight can always look to Megan to help comfort her after finding out about her existence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11