Rarity 2,008 members · 3,867 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

So, if Rarity had a weapon, be it from the past, or modern day, what would it be? I’d like a long range, short range, and maylay.

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

Rapier (an aristocrat’s weapon, Darling)
Miniature crossbow or Derringers (something easily hidden that makes use of her clothing designs and is unexpected by the enemy)
Javelin or harpoon gun (I don’t see Rarity as the long range type, so something to distract and/or occupy the enemy while she closes ranks)

I agree with the rapier, but for a long-range weapon I would have to go with a sniper rifle. After all a lady does try not to get into a fight. Sniper rifle would give her the opportunity to stay far from the blood and dirt that a fight can result in.

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

On the contrary! Rarity has shown on numerous occasions to be willing to dirty herself in close-quarters, be it karate-kicking a Manticore in the face or duking it out with changelings. Being a lady by no means stops her from taking the fight to the enemy, and she is known for being confrontational rather than hiding in the background.

If anyone’s going to use a sniper rifle, it’ll be Fluttershy.

I like the idea from Estee's Triptych continuum about Rarity being the dirtiest fighter of them.
So I say Broken Winebottle on short distance and hand grenades for long distance.

I'd give Rarity a broad sword, a buster sword, and a spear.

She would have Erza's magic from Fairy Tail

This isn't a discussion, nor is it a discussion in the other groups you copy/pasted this into with only the names changed.

I'd say a smallsword (Court Sword) instead of a rapier. Contrary to the popular belief, rapier is not a light weapon. Agile and precise, yes, but it is not the featherweight needle most people believe it to be. You do need strength in order to wield it.

The smallsword was an evolution of the rapier, intended for civilians. It was lighter and smaller, thus more suited for everyday use.
Another melee weapon that would be suited for Rarity would be a dagger or a small knife that is easy to hide.

Firearms? Probably a Derringer, or something like Walther PPK (or some other "spy" pistol). As long as it is "graceful" Rarity would be fine with it.
While sniper rifles do feel like a nice weapon for Rarity, they're not suited for the type of person she is. Sniper is someone, who prefers to stay out of the way, to remain unnoticed and not draw any attention to themselves (Fluttershy).

Rarity is is not that sort of person. She loves to be at the center of attention. So, if a gunfight breaks out, she would be in the thick of it. At the same time, she is not the sort who would enjoy slugging it out in the mud. Yes, she is perfectly able to do that, but I think she would prefer to avoid it. Therefore, an SMG or some sort of PDW so that she can defend herself, while getting out of trouble.

Short range. Rapier, or a Saber.

Rarity? For close combat a Saber. Ranged she wouldn't skimp and go for a good 45 1911. Probably something with customized grips. Probably with her Cutie Mark inscribed on them. For really going to town I see her using something that wouldn't be 'common' and would probably use a P90 or such.

Pepper spray, an ornate dagger or a smallsword, and an ornate crossbow.

6915735 A concealed firearm.

Do you remember the small gun Moriarty had in the Sherlock Holmes movie, that he could just flip out of his sleeve when necessary? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of. Something she could conceal in her mane (or tail) and draw with ease.

And let us not forget just how hard Rarity hit that Manticore. She staggered something that was about three or four times her size that weighed more than her by a wide margin. So Rarity also hits very hard when she is close. :eeyup:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18