Rarity 2,004 members · 3,860 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I just got done, reading Mortal Coil by reeve, and absolutely loved Rarity in it, do any of you guys have recommendation of stories of Rarity being a complete badass?

Do you mind self-promotion?

Salty blood ran down the back of Rarity's throat. Her neck throbbed with whiplash, and her muzzle bent at a funny angle at the bottom edge of her vision. Pain flared with her pounding heartbeat and oh sweet Celestia it hurt.

She shook her head, clearing her thoughts. 

I never told Mother and Father goodbye, she realized. I never told Sweetie Belle goodbye. Oh, by Celestia and Luna, I don't want to die in this cavern.

Blood poured from her shattered nose to the floor.

She looked over her shoulder, judging the distance to her escape. 

Then she looked back at the alpha Diamond Dog. Those four fillies didn't get to tell anypony goodbye, either.

She stomped back to Rex and poked him in the belly again. "I'll forgive that this once, darling, if you give me back our foals!"

TThe Ponies in the Caves
When Diamond Dogs kidnap four foals, it's up to Ponyville's first batpony immigrant to lead the rescue into the caves.
SockPuppet · 23k words  ·  383  12 · 3.8k views

In other shameless acts of self promotion, try reading En Garde!

Admittedly, it's Human!Rarity, but that just means it's easier for her to hold a sword. Had a lot of fun writing this'un, at least.

Dang, looks good!

I'm not seeing a lot here, so I suppose I shall indulge you with a list of potentials. I'm only including stories I've highly rated.

But first, I'll do my own shameless elf promotion:

TBulletproof Heart
In a hot desert Equestria, Rarity Belle makes her living as a clothier in the small town of Spurhoof. But when a posse of Bad Apples arrive in town, she finds her life turned upside down. Now she fights for only one thing: survival.
PaulAsaran · 315k words  ·  333  13 · 5.1k views

There. That's done. Now to explore my rated stories, surprisingly few of them qualify for 'badass', but here's what I find:

TSurviving Sand Island
An airship wreck leaves Rainbow Dash and Rarity stranded on a deserted island. Together, they must find a way to survive until help comes—if it comes.
The 24th Pegasus · 482k words  ·  485  36 · 6.2k views
TThe Flight of the Alicorn
Rarity finds herself forced into an unlikely alliance when her airship crashes far from home.
Ponydora Prancypants · 227k words  ·  1,444  28 · 27k views

The next two aren't "badass" in terms of fighting prowess, but I think they might still qualify in a more general sense, so:

EA Study In Rainbows
Mystery, humour, fashion and crime!
Thanqol · 19k words  ·  248  2 · 3.6k views
THearth Swarming Eve
When a changeling army arrives amid preparations for the Hearth's Warming pageant, it's up to Rarity to match wits with Queen Chrysalis and save the holiday.
horizon · 15k words  ·  263  5 · 2.7k views

Badass Rarity, you say? Well, I'd recommend ANYTHING written by Azure Sandora, particularly Code Lyoko EG and Chrono Reflect.

If we’re self-promoting, then I’ll put this baby out there.

This Rarity spends a long time running and hiding, but she’s got more brains and persuasiveness than anyone can handle.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/450850/eyes-on-me-darling
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/451016/prise-de-mare
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/374510/diamonds-amidst-the-stars

Here's some stories that you might enjoy. The first two pretty much show that Rarity is far more than she appears while the third as an interesting twist to Rarity as well as everything being badass. In my opinion anyway.

I've seen that story before, never caught my attention, but if Rarity awesome in this, i'll give it a look, thanks

ok, thank you, i'll give it a look,

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10