Scootaloo 2,574 members · 3,273 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

are there a fic where sunset is scooterloos mother?

I think the age gap is wrong. Sunset is only 16 in pony years, and Scoots is about 7, so in order to be her mom, Sunset would needed to have given birth at age 9.

I haven’t seen any but I did see one where they’re sisters haven’t read it yet thou but maybe I mean she was around the same age as Twilight when she went to earth maybe time space distortions or something hard to say as far as I can see 3 seasons of the show is about a year for them and they never really give us any of their actual ages so 😑

Sunset is only 16 in pony years,

I'm pretty sure she is not. Mane Six all about twenty something and Sunset even older than that.

We know that about a year's gap seperates Fluttershy and Pinkie, but that's all we have to go on.

We also have "Where the Apple Lies" with teenage Applejack and WoG that say that at this point Apple Bloom isn't even born yet. Which make Applejack at least twenty years old.

I'll make sure to watch that episode again.

Let's be frank here. Sunset seemed young in Equestria when she came back to Equestria in Forgotten Friendship. But Twilight was as well. So no one really knows how old they are. In FiM, Sunset could be Scootaloo's mother since Scootaloo is... A filly in school and Sunset isn't and matches the height and standard size of an adult mare, while in EG they both are in High School. You could possibly make a story about it though since Sunset Shimmer's EG counterpart is unfortunately not a thing and use her as the mother instead of the one who ran from Equestria. Just a thought.

Plot twist: Scootaloo was a magical experiment abandoned by Sunset, hence the exile to Canterlot High.

I dunno; just throwin' the fic idea out there.

The timeline doesn't work well, if you consider Sunset to be the same age as the Mane 6, and perhaps 12 years older than the CMC, but since we're dealing with a world of magic, you could use time dilation to make it work.

If you accept that Sunset Shimmer was Princess Celestia's personal student, and Twilight Sparkle didn't know about her, you could conclude that they weren't students at the same time. That puts Sunset Shimmer at least 10 years older than Twilight Sparkle, maybe 15 or more. Now, imagine the world of ponies runs 15 times as fast as the world of EqG humans. Where the ponies see a portal that opens every 30 moons, it opens from the CHS side every 60 days.

Sunset Shimmer is determined to climb to the top of the CHS social structure, and does so on the back of most popular student Flash Sentry. Or, rather, it's on her back. She has no problem with having sex, since she's an adult mentally, and not in estrus. Then she learns to her surprise that human biology works differently than pony biology.

She hides the evidence during the school year up until summer, but there's no way she'll be able to hide her pregnancy once the new year starts. She goes back to where it all started, the portal, and discovers it's open as she falls through it. The stress of moving across worlds triggers labor (perhaps early labor), and she gives birth to a pegasus foal, only to abandon her by fleeing back to the human world as soon as she's able to walk. She doesn't know that she's been gone from Equestria for fifteen years at that point. Scootaloo is born at whatever time is appropriate for the age gap you want between the CMC and the Mane 6.

You could even use this scenario as a reason for Scootaloo not flying. Her magic didn't develop right because she grew in utero without Equestria's magic field, only the minimal magic provided by her mother.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10