Scootaloo 2,575 members · 3,273 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Below is information for episode, The Last Crusade. Please keep any spoiler in the black box. And if you don't want to be spoiled then don't read.

Just found pictures from this episode on derpibooru because the itallian got it early. Scootaloo's have parents, Mane Allgood(pegasus, mother) and Snap Shutter(earth pony, father). And her aunts, Holiday and Lofty, will make an appearance as well

Makes me wonder why Hasbro takes so long to reveal some stuff in the show

But finally we know she at least has a family

Well, there goes my newest story.

Off to the rewrite board!

Because reveal is the wrong word, Scootaloo and other characters don't have backstories created unless they are specifically needed for an episode. Takes them a while to make it up and they only did it because fans asked the question so many time. Don't know why they waited this long though, I guess the idea was shoot down previously in favor of CMC episodes we got and they don't get that much per season. I guess they did want first to have Scootaloo meeting RD parents as a set up for this episode.

Maybe Scoots might fly in that episode. Speaking of backstories, some MLP characters lack them to understand why, how and who made them how they are today.

Well this is a downer. I mean not for the character obviously, but for Hasbro to just shoot down such a large fanon following like that is kinda disheartening.

Well not necessary, you could just make it in to AU type of story and go from there and explain the situation to the people who come to read your story.

I completely agree. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS, HASBRO??????????????
Huh, fair enough.

I don't mind my Scootaorphan stories getting jossed, because I love Lofty and Holliday. They were awesome characters in the chapter books and comics--if the episode stays true to them, it should be great.

Comment posted by 0202hsabdren deleted May 22nd, 2019

Finally, this silly Scootaorphan headcanon will die...

That won't stop the fics, of course.

Of course not. Somehow, Silver Spoon being an orphan never caught on, and we've never seen her parents either (well, she's rich, but so is Batman).

Well, I am glad they cleared up one mystery about Scootaloo, but I feel that is all we are gonna be getting. I'm not gonna hold my breath for an episode that will explain why she's a grounded pegasus. They've never been straight forward about what keeps Scoots grounded. And I do not accept the whole "one parent is an Earth Pony" claim. The Episode "Common Ground" had a unicorn mare be a birth mother to a pegasus filly who can fly, so that non-pegasus parents logic for flight inability is off the table, in my opinion.

Of course it won't stop the fanfics. The elements of those Scootadopt fanfics just can't be used as "possible canon" now. I've got at least two Scootadopt stories already, and I won't stop making them now that we know about Scootaloo's family in show.

I can see that for some who wanted to keep Scootaloo a mystery to hypothesize over, may feel down that ideas they had were shot down, but at the same time, I feel many would have been frustrated that things were never explained about Scootaloo's personal life if this episode never came to fruition. I mean, you get parents for Sweetie Belle, and accept they're away for a while. And you Get backstory on The Apple's parents (Though I am still sore we haven't gotten a story on why they're no longer around, and everyone assumes they're "Grazing in the Elysian Fields"). And you get to see the parents of the rest of the Mane Herd (minus Spike's dragon parents of course). So to me, it only feels fair we get to meet Scootaloo's family as well.

Huh. Well, water off my back, really. I've gotten all I needed out of the character's family situation, and nothing stops anyone from making up new ones as the story demands. More Aunt Vinyl material for me :pinkiehappy:. Just drop a little 'follows canon up until-' line somewhere in the description or Author's Notes and it's all good.

I'm a little more concerned about the title, to be honest. Scoots moving away, perhaps, or being forced to get away from her 'bad influence' friends? Or, more likely, just a meaningless title chosen because it's a reference to a movie people know.

As for her flying or not? Meh, either way. It's unlikely they'd make her a permanently grounded girl, but at least they'd do it before the halfway mark of the Season, then. Saves me the time of watching the rest :pinkiecrazy: I still think that'd get the Red X treatment, but given this news, that may not be the case anymore.

I really need to catch up on the Seasons. Still haven't seen the one where she gets into her teenage rebellious rocket phase... has anyone done a NegaScootic Teenage Warhead cosplay picture yet? That'd be oddly appropriate.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

As long as they keep Auntie Lofty and Auntie Holiday faithful to the books, I'm fine with this. There, Scootaloo had parents, but they were gone a lot, and she was staying with them while her parents were gone. And her two aunts were great characters, and probably in a relationship.

And, you know, that episode appears to be written by half the writing duo that does the Ponyville Mystery books, so I'm sure it'll be faithful to what they previously wrote...

Maybe Silver Spoon's parents are dead, like Batman's, and she lives alone in her mansion fighting crime in her off hours as a superhero?

--Sweetie Belle

I never understood why some of the random were so insisted on Scootaloo being an orphan.

For me, I think pegasi are like birds with different degree/level of flying. You can see unicorn with different degree of magic. Sunburst would be at the low end while at the top would be Starlight Glimmer. We can see the same thing with earth ponies. Not sure who would be at the low end but the filly Lilly Longsock would be at the top being that she was able to pick up the schoolhouse with no effort.

I can see where you are coming with that, but Scootaloo seems to be the only grounded pegasus, and not by choice, from my perspective mind you, and she seems to have a dream of soaring through the heavens one day. So, I feel there's something that needs to be cleared up about why she can't fly. I was relieved that this is the first Scootaloo centered episode that didn't actually focus more on Rainbow, since Scootaloo centered episodes tended to do that in the past. Scoots was the main focus this time.

It could have something to do with her mental state. Like something in her mind is preventing her from flying. We can see this with Fluttershy. In the Return of Harmony, Discords debut, Fluttershy was able to catch up with Rainbow Dash. And then in Tornadoshy, Fluttershy flight power was able to equal eight pegasi that were sick with the feather flu. Fluttershy crippling fear of being judge by other is keeping her from performing at her best. We can also see this with Trixie who have a hard time doing spells because it tough for her to visualized.

That'd explain many things :twilightsmile:

I suppose. But with how rambunctious she is, I see that to be a low probability. I have hypothesized that it may be a imbalance of Pegasus magic, but it's just an idea, and not stone cold evidence at this time.

So, going off the number of Hearth's Warming episodes, Scootaloo's been without her parents for 3-4 years (unless of course they visit offscreen) from the start of the series

I'm at least glad they confirmed that Scootaloo is taken care of by her aunt and her partner, as well as other residents of Ponyville when the aunts aren't around

Unfortunately, there's also the implications that they never bothered to help Scootaloo with her inability to fly or her crippling insecurities... Which makes Scootaloo's usually happy exterior a touch sadder since it could very well be a front she puts up so ponies don't worry about her

A heartwarming episode, even if the end is a little brow-raising

Well, That is what Fanfiction and AUs are for.

Don't treat me like a moron. I know what fanon and canon are.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25