"Homestuck/My Little Pony" Fans 247 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I recently read BlastYoBoots's Class and Aspect theories, and I felt like puzzling out possible Sburb roles for some ponies. Since I will almost certainly never have the time to even try to write a Homestuck/FiM crossover, I've decided to leave this here, in case anyone else feels like using this for their own stories/headcanons/whatever.

Twilight - Mage (to actively understand aspect and to understand through aspect) of Light (information, communication, agency, foresight, eager consumption and creation of information, mental clarity, attention, long-windedness)

Rainbow - Thief (moves and allocates aspect for benefit of self) of Breath (direction, detachment, expressed through inspiration of others, certainty in one’s path, symbolized by flight)

Applejack - Maid (creates aspect and creates through aspect)of Blood (responsibility, duty, loyalty, focus on the practical and unimaginary, creates bonds and alliances, stubborn and obsessive, attachment and worldly concerns)

Rarity - Seer (passively understands aspect and understands though aspect) of Heart (desire, love, expressed through force of will, symbolized by hats and headgear and by kisses) frequently inverted into the Witch (to actively cause change in and through their aspect) of Mind (facades presented to the environment, expressed through paths of enforcement of will and the choices presented by the environment)

Fluttershy - Rogue (moves and allocates aspect for benefit of others) of Doom (pessimism regret, reluctance, self-hatred, self-denial, bipolarity, expressed through change through sacrifice, oddly associated with nature imagery of opposing Life aspect)

Pinkie - Heir (to passively inspire change in and through their aspect) of Life (eagerness, excitement, optimism to act/change/live, symbolized by cake and nature)

Spike - of Void (nothingness, submission, mystery, obscurity, unimportance and irrelevance (especially by the narrative), movement through non-visible means (teleportation))

Celestia - Sylph (heals aspect and heals through aspect) of Time (adventure of patience, limited means over non-limited time, characterized by interaction with the meta-narrative (the means of storytelling i.e. Twilight’s Letters))

Luna - Witch (to actively cause change in and through their aspect) of Space (enforces will via movement, adventure of travel, symbolized by stars and galaxies and characterized by physical self-transformation)

Some notes:
- Rainbow/Applejack, Fluttershy/Pinkie, Twilioght/Spike, and Celestia/Luna all have opposite aspects. All but the princess one was unintentional, and just seemed to fit their personality.
- Prince/Bard and Knight/Page are male-only classes, and so are underrepresented here. It is difficult, then, to fit the remaining 8 classes to the 8 mares here. (Not all fit anyone well)
- Spike was added as a postscript and doesn't really fit the patterns of the others.
- This doesn’t perfectly fit all of Homestuck’s themes of balance, mainly because most of the characters here are girls, and Spike is an odd-one-out where nearly everything in Homestuck appears in paris or even-numbered sets. Any real story with these would probably have to exclude Spike, at least as a player, or, preferably, add more male characters.

So there's that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1