Spike Fanfictions 2,961 members · 5,609 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Basing off the scenario in this animated music video.

Synopsis:
Happens after Season 2's Dragon Quest. After Spike returned from the dragons' great migration, he started making amends with his friends for teasing him. Everyone...except for Fluttershy, who was absent the entire episode.

Spike started to have some doubts and mixed feelings about his and Fluttershy's "friendship" and wondered if any of their memories together was genuine. Fluttershy, on her part, realizes how unfair she had been towards Spike, tries to reach out to him and rekindle their friendship...even going as far as to journeying to the dragon land to prove herself to Spike.

7954943 That's actually a pretty cool idea. :pinkiesmile:

Thanks very much for sharing this idea. And, yeah, I can understand not having the time and energy to write story ideas you come up with yourself.

A possible scenario (Borrowed inspiration from Zootopia):

Fluttershy: "Of course we're friends, Spike! You're not that kind of dragon."

Spike: "What kind of dragon exactly?"

Fluttershy: "The huge, gigantic, terrifying, enormous, teeth-gnashing..." (Realizing her mistake) Oh dear..."

Spike: "...So...you're saying...just because I'm a baby dragon, we're friends. But...when I grow up...you'll just hate me? Like that?"

Fluttershy: (Realizes her mistake) "No! Of course not! I wouldn't–I mean...I just...I'll still love you, Spike. Even if you're a huge, gigantic, terrifying, enormous..." (Catches herself) "No! Wait. I mean, the scary–No! I mean...Wait! Spike!"

Spike: (Shakes his head) "...You know something, Fluttershy? I thought for once, you were different from every pony, being the Element of Kindness. But...you're just like every pony else. I'm not going to be a little dragon forever... Probably best if you don't have a dragon for a friend..." (Walks sadly away, with Fluttershy reaching out to him)

Nice premise and good plot surrounding that music video

Fluttershy trying to rekindle with Spike

Fluttershy: (Holding up the cake she worked hard to make) "I made your favorite cupcake, Spike. It's encrusted with gems."

Spike: "...No thank you."

Fluttershy: "I'm sorry, Spike. I really am..."

Twilight counseling Spike

Twilight Sparkle: "Spike, I understand how upset you must be. But you can't stay mad at Fluttershy forever."

Spike: "...I don't like being mad at Fluttershy. But...she's not my friend..."

Twilight Sparkle: "She is your friend, Spike. She never meant to hurt your feelings."

Spike: "...But what if I grow up? Then what happens?"

Twilight Sparkle: "We always love you, Spike. From little dragon to a grown up dragon."

Personally, this episode made me feel Spike should've left the main 6 in the aftermath of O.W.T.E.W.. When you look at it, does he really want to be around friends who treat him like he's not a REAL DRAGON instead of those that would & better respect him for simply being who he really is?

Are you planning to write a story based around this video?

Could be pretty interesting. I always thought it kind of a missed opportunity that they never explored any kind of relationship between Spike and Fluttershy, despite her being (weirdly) the only pony in Ponyville to take an interest in him in the first episode.

Another possible scenario

Fluttershy seeks consultant from Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy: (Crying) “I don’t know what to do anymore, Rainbow Dash. I tried apologizing to Spike. I…I baked him a cake. I even knit for him a scarf. But he…he won’t even look at me, or talk to me…”

Rainbow Dash: “Just give him some time and space, Flutters. He’ll come around. Besides…I still owed him an apology for the way we treated him…”

Fluttershy: “Huh? Wh-What did you do?”

Rainbow Dash: “We…may have teased him…a little. Okay. Too much. But we did follow him to make sure he’s okay…”

Fluttershy: “…you followed him, into the Dragon Lands?”

Rainbow Dash: “Yeah, Flutters. Spike was our friend. We had to follow him to make sure he’s alright.”

Fluttershy: “And…he forgave you?”

Rainbow Dash: “Yeah. I mean, sure I could’ve told him I was sorry and convince him not to go. But from my experience: Words are cheap. But actions…they speak the truth.”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10