Badass Twilight = Total Domination 4,266 members · 1,245 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
ymom2
Group Admin

This thread is dedicated as a place to introduce yourself and to promote yourself or any stories you or others have made. Groups are one of the best places to find new stories you have not considered before. It is also nice to get to know people.

ymom2
Group Admin

Name: Ben or Benjamin or ymom2 (I also have a hidden alternate account where I dabble in writing)
Nationality: American

Notes: I read, write, and stare at pretty pastel horses sometimes. I made the Tyrant Sparkle group and designed the folder system for that group as well as this one. (I hope you like it.)

Other things to know about me is that I study politics and current events on a daily basis. My political ideas are always evolving, I am open to new ideas, and seek truth in all things. Believe it or not, there are a whole lot of crazy political stuff that the general public generally does not know about. I majored in Computer Engineering and now work for the Air Force. I will be doing my masters next year. I have a few hobbies. I love outdoorsy things including firearms, I run about 2.75-3.5 miles about 2-3 times a week, I also practice contortion. I used to play Destiny religiously and I am pretty great at controller based FPS games but I have gone cold turkey on video games for almost a month. Main websites I browse are this one, derpibooru, 4chan, zerohedge, drudge, deviantart, as well as a few secret ones.

Now let me tell you how I found pone. It was exactly four years ago in my fist year of college that I first found pone. The year that they transitioned from the quarter system to the semester system causing us to have an obscenely long winter break from Thanksgiving all the way to mid January. Bored out of my mind with way too much time on my hands, I started clicking on random things on the internet. What first exposed me to MLP was the "My Little Brony" page that existed on Memebase (a website I have not visited for years). I spent almost the whole day clicking to the end of that blog and I thought to me self "why the hell did I click through 300 pages of pony memes?" At first I thought that the MLP fandom was completely ironic but I watched the first episode to see what the fuss was about. It was horrible and to this day I have no idea what kept me downloading the next torrent to watch the next episode. The show was so horribly cheesy that I felt physically sick. Maybe it was the demonic cuteness that kept me in a trance as I continued downloading the season one episodes one by one like a zombie and watched them until 5:30am finishing the first season. I skipped the CMC episodes because they were 3cheesy5me. The next day I watched the first 3 episodes of season two, the only ones that were available. I eventually found equestira daily (which I have not used for two years) and I looked at the pictures and started reading some fanfictions. I loved the fanfictions and the art that went with it. I was thinking for sure that I was going to quit looking at these demonic ponies. However, What really got me hooked was The Immortal Game (known as Ponies Make War at the time). In my opinion the best fanfiction I have ever read. I found a TON of other long awesome fictions, Twas a glorious golden age of epicfics full of Twilight and Badassery. The great epicfics of old seem to have dissapeared or discontinued. They seem to be few and far between these days but I just might not be looking hard enough or just don't spend enough time reading anymore. There is a lot of other awesome pony stuff that I found or made in the four years but I don't have the energy to reach into my memory and write about it. Instead i'll just put down a few phrases about some pony that I ponied over the years. Alicorn Twilight shitstorm, university pone gun club, flexy blossomforth, trotcon, Tyrant Sparkle, Badass Twilight season finale, and countless others.

Your Turn!

Eh, I'll give this a shot.

Name: Ebonysdagger if you wish. (Yes, I'm not telling you my real name. I never use it on the internet, I'm paranoid.)
Nationality: USA

Note: I'm educated in computer science with some minor studies in general science. Thanks to the usual chaos of my life though I do not have any actual diplomas in spite of going to college twice. Teachers quitting or advisers not telling me I'm short a credit and the like along with losing scholarships due to time limits or that one science class that kept putting me to sleep helped see to that. As such I'm currently unemployed because I'm terrible at service oriented jobs because my general attitude to the public at large is comparable to sandpaper to put it the nicest way possible. My hobbies are reading, writing, role playing (pen and paper and free form net role play), and video games. Personal desire is to one day figure out how to draw because it would help with some of my projects immensely. I'm terminally terrible at it as it took me until I was in high school to figure out how to draw just a simple star for instance.

I got into pony due to someone turning one of my characters into Celestia on a transformation themed rp message board. The whole God-Empress of Ponykind amused me so I had to look into it. At that point the series was in its second season so I watched through all of the first and then the second. I was won over thanks to Luna and Twilight obviously. I'm a nut for characters like Luna and uber-mages like Twilight so I was sold on the series. I also liked how, at least during the first season, they didn't quite dumb stuff down. I am also something of a fan of the comics the first few at least since those are the only ones I've read thanks to seeing Twilight whoop Chrysy. Something the supposed unconquered sun couldn't do. I'm less and less satisfied with each season as we go along mainly because it isn't centered around Twilight anymore and I find the other characters rather dull by comparison. Some of the villains though help as I rather liked Chrysalis, Sombra, and Tirek. Discord I of course love as a character in general even if I feel they downplay how powerful a creature of chaos would be.

I tend to write fics centered around Twilight or the various deity and super mage class characters in the series since they are what I am most comfortable working with thanks to all my years of oddball free form roleplays and they give me the most latitude to create silly and odd situations. I'm slow to update because I really have no sense of time at all. I'll be minding my own business and someone will tell me I haven't updated in a year for something which is why I try to write a story quickly and in the span of a small amount of time so it will be finished because if I decide it can wait until something happens it is liable to lay around for months or years. I've also wrote fics for Naruto, Ranma 1/2, Final Fantasy 7 (though I didn't publish that one), and Hellsing. There are a few original works I've written down as well.

Third Fourth to the party! Will keep it short :twilightsmile:

Name?: SquidFace
Nationality: Swedish

Notes: I'm a part time teacher and just recently webdesigner. My education is in gamedesign and art, and I am working on my own projects on the side from my other jobs. Life at the moment has taken a bit of a slow turn as I reached my years goals: I finished my educations final paper this year (after delaying it over and over again) and just found jobs that gives me time to work on my own stuff. So for now I'm setting up new goals that I hope will takeoff this month and into the next year, with two game projects I'm working on (sadly, not pony themed, maybe next time).

If you have not guessed it, I love games and a play a lot of games. I usually try to avoid playing the same thing for to long, as I enjoy analyzing and trying out different types to see why they are fun. This leads me to my guilty pleasure: Playing bad games. My most recent bad game i finished was KYN, a game I DONT recommend, spoiler: Its bad, all of it is bad, I had to play several good games to try and forget the experience. Other then that I read, and I read quite a lot, everything from comics to books and fanfics! That takes me to ponies.

I love cartoons, so for me watching MLP was just another cartoon among others at first. I enjoy almost all types of cartoons and can watch them by there own merit, you just have to change your mindset a bit at times (my first dream job was to be a animator). However, MLP really surprised me, it was just made up by so many good components that made it a joy to watch, and thats with a show that historically was exclusively about selling girl toys? It blew me away! With compelling characters with actual goals and hardships that are often relatable and not just only random over-the-top-cartoon-randomness? (I mean to a point, its still a cartoon) Awesome! It also has a large emotional range, from happy to dramatic and from funny to sad, its a show that explores human emotion better then most. And at the end of all that its just fun, its all just wrapt in a colorful, well-done and fun package. I have been hocked since season 2.

Now for FimFiction, I'm a reader, and I read a lot (1300 faved stories and counting!). At first I was very skeptical how well fanfiction about MLP could work, bit ow-boy has I surprised, so much in fact that I read almost anything (well, it needs to be somewhat good). Its just so fascinating to read about the alternative situations the characters from the show finds themselves in and what they do. I'm a bit Twilight Sparkle fan obviously, and her having great power makes for great stories! She has a great mind and a big heart, but often with big flaws, this makes her so fun to read about her dealing with power.

Hope to see more activity on this forum! So will try my best to contribute. Also, this was a lot longer then I first thought it would be... Sorry about that.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Name: Please work for once
Age: Age of surprisingly good auto correct that adds spaces to my name.
Nationality: Vanu

I'm that guy who used to run this group ( Ymom is my successor if you can't tell). I mainly go to class, play planetside, or fallout, and sleep. Let's see, it has been about a year since I last made an attempt to do something in this group.
I think I owe someone 20 bucks here too.

Anyways hello people I probably won't talk to again for another 6 months.

Name: Krashface .
Nationality: Italian .

Notes and things : Currently, I'm studying in a medicine university for becoming a radiologist, but I also love to draw and write fan fictions.
Well, currently only two -_-

Here on FF, I'm both a writer and a reader, and I really love dystopias, alternative universes and dark/war/post apocalyptic scenarios, like Fallout Equestria or Night Mares .

About my fan fictions, I love to create characters who aren't really good guys or true, brave heroes, but more "desperate, half-broken ponies who now fight for live another day", like the Resistance of Dark Ages, who fight the tyrannical Dark Nova, once known as Twilight Sparkle, for make Equestria return at his past glory, struggling between armies op ponies and creatures, a terrible disease... and something impending .

Now, final lines, I'm a gamer of horror, adventure, rpg, fps and open word games.
All of them, for Xbox .

Well, I'm not good in speaking about me, so I will just say goodbye to you now.
Bye :)

Name: Rio Caesar Salad (Okay, not the salad) just call me Legatus
Age: Old, but I'm not that old. Young, but I'm not that bold.
Born in America Land of da yeet.

Job: I'm a librarian for the Idiot Association Association. My job is also being morally gray and getting my hands dirty. I do edits, reviews, proofreads, and critique, but I don't have much time. I'm the kind of friend that does really weird jobs.
Hate: Bananas. 1 slip was all it took.
Looking for: Somebody to talk to, really.

My name is Twilighted Rose (aka I blume at twilight or if a certain pony comes along maybe)
Age is on the last month on the '96
Lives in the greater US of A
My hobbies include running about an hour to three hours a day, painting and trying to sell said painting, watching YouTube, reading, writing a very long and time consuming fanfic, and running away from people so I can have time for myself, also enjoying my dog.
I'm bad edits but getting better. I'm a fan of Sombra x Twilight ship.
My story that I am writing is about Twilight and her past life. I hope that someday that Obiscribbler would read it a like it. Maybe someday.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9