Badass Twilight = Total Domination 4,266 members · 1,245 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Has anyone here ever read a story where Twilight gives someone a Curb Stomp Battle or a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown without using her magic? This goes for both her human and Equestria Girls counterparts.

Can't say off the top of my head, but if there's any random chance of stumbling on one, The Quiet Place is probably your best bet. I haven't read it in years, but I recall one of its main themes being radical fight scenes.

Other than that... just trawl around! All sorts of stories have all sorts of things. You'll... probably find what you want.

the award for the least helpful reply of the year goes to me. A real buzzer beater it was, four days from the new year

Twilight's Nightmare
CH 77-78. A griffon challenges her to a fight to the death with no magic. But even Curb Stomp might fall short of how one sided it is.

Thank you both so much for showing these stories to me. I think I will enjoy reading them and they will be very useful in the long run.

Could you please tell me which chapters you can remember having those kind of magic less fight scenes?

I may be a different commenter but I feel like I may have read The Quiet Place more recently since I don't remember Twilight ever not using magic in that story. It's kind of her whole thing that she just keeps getting better at using magic to win battles in that story. Heck, one of the main conflicts is just how often she has to rest to regain magic she's used up from previous battles. Iirc The Alicorn Warrior has Twilight fight a couple battles with a magic inhibitor in some of the early chapters, though I can't remember if I would describe them as curb stomps

Twilight does use magic in the story but I think I can remember several fights where she can’t or doesn’t
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/24877/battle-magic

From The Skyla Pseudonym: Twilight vs. four thugs; sword fight, no magic. The setup is complex, and it's 13 chapters into the book, but I think the fight can stand on its own.

It's a shame that almost all of the stories mentioned here seem to be abandoned.

I absolutely have to respect the gumption to plug your own story. :rainbowlaugh:

Fair's fair, it is absolutely worth reading on any day of any arbitrary month. Any wandering eyes should check it—and the rest of iisaw's anthology—out.

plot twist: I am iisaw's duplicate account here to plug their stories even harder

False modesty? Naw, I don't even have the regular kind. My business cards list my job title as Super Genius. :trollestia:

Shhhhh! Don't give it away!

Hell, I wrote one. Sun Never Sets. Ch10. Twilight basically spends all of 10 seconds in the chapter completely bypassing Starlight's magic, hitting her with a sword she hasnt even bothered to draw properly, and then doing her best impression of The Boss telling Naked Snake telling her to never speak to her again. And she doesnt use any traditional magic or the powers established in that setting or anything.

Literally just parries her first attack, sweeps her with a three hit combo, says "miss me with that" and leaves. Twilight does a lot of unbalanced fighting in SNS but thats the one time she does anything without an ounce of juice being used.

Im 90% certain you already know about that though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11