Twidance 654 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I've seen other groups do this, and I thought it'd be a good idea for us to get in on it as well, seeing how we're a bit inactive.

So why not?

The point of this thread is basically we all share our headcanons for Twilight and / or Cadence, in addition to stuff regarding their relationship. You can do it two ways: post a list of headcanons you have about one or both of them or answer a question about them being together.

(Example threads here and here.)

I guess this could be labeled as a game thread...? Not sure.

...I might as well toss my own thoughts out.

--When she was a kid and still going to public school, Twilight was bullied by the other students. She still fell victim to it from time to time when she was at Princess Celestia's Academy for Gifted Unicorns, but Cadence witnessed it once and quickly stood up for Twilight. That was how they first officially met.

--Cadence got her cutie mark for being so big-hearted and sweet. While her magic is mainly used for love, it's main core is compassion and caring. The story of it is when she was young and just moved in with Princess Celestia. At first, Cadence was angry and upset that her parents were gone, but eventually, she learned the lesson of why Celestia took her in. The full realization of the gesture made Cadence realize that looking into your true heart is what matters the most.

--Both of Cadence's parents were soldiers in the Royal Guard, and were close friends with Princess Celestia. When Cadence's parents went off to war, they were killed. Canon takes over from there.

--If it wasn't for Cadence, Twilight would have never been as adorkable she is now. Growing up together, those two were huge nerds. (Especially for Daring Do, Harry Trotter and Doctor Whooves, teehee.) To this day, they're still dorks deep down.

Would it be appropriate to post about my Alt-Verse headcannon? Specifically the Capt. Sparkle one?"

3258561 Any and all headcanons are accepted. :twilightsmile:

3258576 Well in that case

Shining Armor One of the oldest colts to try for Princess Celestia's School. During his test he managed to enduce a magic surge. He hatched Spike, and would have destroyed the tower had his young Sister not been propelled by a rainbow in the sky to form a shield around him blocking him off until he calmed. Shining was taken for training by Princess Celestia due to both the power displayed and the risk of leaving him untrained.

Twilight Sparkle Having earned her cutie mark saving her brother and the school from himself, she followed her grandmother's hoofsteps and went to Westhoof when she was old enough. She was one of the youngest mares to graduate from that prestigious military school. She was eagerly accepted into the ranks of the Royal Guard, and soon managed to be promoted to 1st Lt. She is on the cusp of being promoted to full Captain and is even seen as a contender to take over as Captain of the Guard once the current one retires.

Princess Cadence Friends with Shining Armor growing up. She also foalsat the younger Twilight Sparkle for a number of years. Once coming into full maturity as a Princess of Equestria she became distant to the family. She was overjoyed when Shining became Celestia's pupil. She was beside herself with joy when Twilight became a Guard.

The Relationship In this universe both Cadence and Twilight are exclusivly attracted to mares, Cadence of course cares for love in all its forms still. The first spark of their love was when Celestia, possibly playing matchmaker, had Twilight assigned to Guard Cadence during a simple diplomatic mission. The mares got to talking after years apart, and slightly aided by copious amounts of wine, eventually realized they enjoyed each others company. Cadence takes the reigns as the one who fawns over Twilight being fairly open with her budding marefriend. Twilight stays reserved very afraid she'll get Cadence in trouble with the nobility. The relationship is just beginning to grow when Nightmare Moon returns.

Sure, why not? I'll post my headcanon as it concerns the prompts I'm writing for Twidance.

--Cadance is straight up the weakest alicorn in every metric possible. She is no more tough or strong than any normal pegasus. Standard earth/crystal ponies out-do her physically. Standard unicorns can out-perform her magically when it comes to affecting the physical world or invoking any elemental energies. She is Fluttershy levels of speed and stamina when it comes to flying. Her greatest strength is in her ability to affect or control the moods of others around her. Her power over emotions is super subtle and her own natural personality is very disengaging. She is a wonderful diplomat because she is likeable and if need be can force others to like her.

--In my version of pony society, any magic that can affect the mind or emotions is big time bad news and very illegal. Cadance is given a pass on it because she can't technically control minds, or specifically trigger negative emotions. However, her power over love and trust and general happiness can be pushed to extremes so she is monitored and medicated.

--Cadance is a recovered sex addict and fears having an episode because she can't control how her power affects those around her. She could cause anything from a mass orgy to a huge simultaneous orgasm of every living thing within a couple of hundred feet of her.

Comment posted by Peachy Moon deleted May 6th, 2014

3258708 Have you encountered stories where mind control magic arn't verboten?

On this site? Not any I could point out, but really, any that involve Cadance and no one bats an eye at her doing what she does in the show would be, at least implicitly, giving such magic a thumbs up as ok. To me, that's kinda messed up.

3258760 -nods- I simply assumed it was more an aura of calming. She dosen't make them do anything. She's the subtle knife. She simply makes way for whats there. Still morally questionable but less evil and more...Demi-goddess/Goddess like

Oh certainly is subtle. And therein lies her true power. Cadance, in my mind, can do more than simply "bring out was there all along." She can re-wire a brain to feel those love endorphins. She can direct it toward any thing she wants the pony(or other creature) to feel affection for.

In most cases this would be harmless at best and usually for the good of all. Except where it is unwanted and unwarranted. Plus, if she pushes someone too hard, they could do something regrettable. We all do stupid things when we're in love.

That's my two bits, anyway.

3258829 I can dig it, Your Cadence is all Sithy..

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11