Sensual Fiction (SFG) 1,725 members · 1,193 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Just a random question I wanted to ask, not sure if it has been already.

Do you prefer canon pairings (such as Shining Armour and Cadence), common ships (AppleDash, OctaVinyl, FlutterMac), uncommon ships (Octavia/Spitfire, BraeDash) or ships that really don't make much sense (Kitchen Sink/Dash and almost every other pairing in existence)?

I myself am impartial to any save the last category, provided (or for the latter, unless) they're well written, but I'm interested in seeing what you guys think.

Azu

I prefer a collection of more common ships myself. :moustache:

Uncommon ships are also not that bad if well written and justified.

1782221 Some common, mostly uncommon (I've tried to make my story resume uncommon ships).

Okay:
* Canon pairings: we all know that Tom x Bloomberg is the best canon pairing. Seriously though, they need to be really well written or I tend to skip over them.
* Common ships: Just about everything. Needs to be reasonably written, except in some specific cases which I'll only read by recommendation.
* Uncommon ships: These are among my favorites. Well written TwiDash adventure? Sure, I'll read it, but I've seen a few. Well written BigMac/Spitfire? HELL YES.
* Crack ships: yyyyeeessssss. Hard to figure out what makes these 'good', because there are good ones that I just don't like, and terribly written ones that I like. Really depends on what the author is aiming for I guess. If it's really bizarre but has my interest, you can get away with a lot of bad things. If it's something relatively normal like RD x Ice Cream Cone you'll have to be good.

Bottomline: I ship just about everyponything.

1782551 Fan shipping service.
Anytime.
Anything.
Anywhere.

1782221 EWWW FlutterMac is considered not a crackship?

I consider FlutterMac a crack ship and just a troll one at that.

"Oh hi..." :fluttershysad:

" Eyup" :eeyup:

Nothing ever happens the end.

Don't worry, all four of them are in denial.

TwiDash was the most common ship on FiMFic, I thought.

A little of them all for me.

I generally don't mess with the canon, but there aren't many. 'Common' is something I generally dislike, but a few make sense. Of course, there are some I refuse to recognize altogether. Uncommon are great, as long as there is something there to make it work.

AppleDash, and to a far lesser extent, Vinyltavia are the only ships that I truly follow. Canon doesn't do anything at all, for me. Cadence and Shining Armor? Established. Big Mac and Cheerilee? Sure, it was an okay episode. But short of Twilestia, Twixie, and Flarity, I'm not sold on many other pairings anyway.

The most rock solid non-canon ones are those I tend to generally follow. No one can just dismiss Vinyltavia since those two have pretty much been hijacked by the fandom to be the undisputed slash ship of the series.

AppleDash is, far and away, my absolute favorite though. There's so much room for character study between these two, romantic or otherwise, and no one has ever provided me with a solid enough argument to make me question the bulletproof nature of this pairing. The chemistry is mind-blowing.

I like the Canon ships. For all other ships, it depends on the reason behind the ship that makes me interested or not. Being well written helps a lot too.

There are so few canon ships that it's tough for me to really latch on to one. I guess Sparity is kinda borderline canon, but that's about as close as I get.

I like some common ships, but the uncommon ones are my favorite. I love ApplePie and Twinkie, and I can get into others pretty easily. One of my favorites is grown-up Scootadash (I'm not a foalcon person at all) or one-sided, little-kid-crush Scootadash, but I've been having a hard time finding fics for that. :fluttershysad:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12