OctaScratch 1,615 members · 585 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

As with any large ship there are often certain titles that spring to mind right away for those with a deep seeded passion for the ship. Whether it's TwiLestia, OctaLight, lyra and bon bon or TwiDash certain titles spring forth almost instantly. I was curious as to what those titles are for this ship. What are the quintessential OctaScratch titles. I no university days and synchopation pop up regularly when asked but what else do people consider the penultimate stories that pair these two loved and adored background ponies.

Personally, I think the single best OctaScratch fic is The Vinyl Scratch Tapes. Seamless was good too.

4717406 Allegrezza is really popular for fans of this ship.

4717436 I do believe I read that one, very enjoyable. Definetly in the upper rankings.

4717420 I will add it to that list then

Comment posted by FlutterDashTableThrower deleted Sep 17th, 2015

For me, the title that pops into my head almost every single time I think of OctaScratch would simply be Of Bass and Cellos. It's honestly what I want to name every single fic I conceive for this pairing. Though that begs the question of why I haven't written for this pairing yet.... Hmmm I ponder....

Then again, if you mean fics that are already written that spring to mind it'd have to be The Vinyl Scratch Tapes.

4717478 so I assume it doesn't yet exist, it's just your concept.

4717483 More accurately, my concepts. They exist, they're just not posted. That's primarily due to the fact that A) I refuse to write a full fic on a phone and that's my only available platform currently and B) I have too many other projects I have to work on on Fanfiction to possibly start (or edit, finish and post) another.

4717501 I have been there before. I ended up writing a 3000 word story on my phone only for my phone to crash and it get lost. I now use google for most of my editing work so I can drop into any old library to check up on stuff.

4717530 While that's never happened to me, thank Celestia, I have had various other phone related mishaps. Enough to know it's not a good idea to use it as a steady writing platform.

There are quite a few really good ones out there, under appreciated and whatnot. Out of my top 5 (Syncopation, University days, Allegrezza, Stages and From Scratch) From Scratch is for me the best one of all, assuming it gets finished. But there are plenty of other contenders out there like Truth or A tale of two mares. And let's not forget The things Tavi says that's currently running on the featured box (though that one needs more romance :raritywink:, freaking teasing us all the time).

So much great Octascratch, it's hard to point them all out. Well only logical, being the best ship in the history of everything. :pinkiehappy:

4717594 Don't know if I'd go that far, FlutterDash, FlutterTwiDash and TwiMaude are pretty high up there :scootangel: But I have to give love to From Scratch, it really is a great piece. And who doesn't love The Things Tavi Says?

4717420 Dude, I love The Vinyl Scratch Tapes.

4717594 I would not go so far as best ship. Top 5 definitely but the reigning champ is TwiLestia. Thanks fir the suggestions too.

4717480 I tried to read Of Bass and Cellos but I can't find it. Could you sent me a link or something.

4719142 I haven't posted it yet, probably why you couldn't find it :trollestia:

4719492 Then how did he know about it?

4719839 I put it there because I thought he meant titles that come to our mind whenever we write for the pairing, not stories that were already published that came to mind. It was a misunderstanding of the topic on my part.

Comment posted by FlutterDashTableThrower deleted Sep 19th, 2015

4720445 Alright then. I can't wait for it ti be published.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21