New Writers in Town 72 members · 140 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
ArtoriasFlagg
Group Admin

This thread is here for the sake of anyone who may have need of the opinion of others to help critique, fix, or otherwise proof read a story for them. As the group grows I am certain we will have many people with far more experience than I in the fields of grammar, spelling, and all those other silly little things that people like to see in a well-written story. For now, this is also a thread that you can use to basically bounce ideas off of other people. Got a plan for a story you think would be good but want to know if anyone else agrees with you? Give us a little taste of what you have in mind and we'll do our best to give our honnest, unbiased, poorly spelled/grammarized (I'm making it a word, shut up) opinion on it. The sky isn't even close to the limit for potential of this group and the people starting out in it, so lets see if we can't use it to create some truly great stories and whatnot!

Hm, hm. I'll proofread if anyone wants me to.

ArtoriasFlagg
Group Admin

Haha, finally a little activity in here. Good to finally have some one who isn't afraid to read the unfinished products. Heres hoping none of them are too terrifyingly.... terrible? ....Damn where'd I put that thesaurus...

I'm looking for a proof-reader. I've never had anyone do this before, so I have no idea how it works. (I usually just post my fics hot off the press.) If you're interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance,

Brosparkles. :eeyup:

Sweetie Belle's search for immortality is my first ever fan fiction story. Only Chapter 1 is finished so far. One major aspect of this story is a different interpretations of the character Sweetie Belle. She has her dark moments in the show. In this fic she has, due to extra pressure on her, even more of them. Chapter 1 is adventure genre (Cutie Mark Crusaders are at it again), but as the story progress it will turn more and more dark.

I started writing this story because I thought I was onto something. I don't want the story to fall in the 'meh' category. I don't want it to be superficial. Anything but that. I want my stories to be entertaining, not dry.

Also, I want my story to flow. I heard there was a sentence in the story that needed to be read twice. I won’t stand for such a sentence in my story. But I can’t find it. Can you tell me if you come across any awkward sentence please?

I want to know if this story has the potential to get on EQD. I would like to know what I can improve on.

For all and everyone who reads the story (you don't have to be a pro editor), please post your comments (good or bad) in this thread. If you have any kind of opinion, I want to hear about it.

I made a mistake of releasing Chapter 1 without having any editors or pre-readers. It will be some time before I release another Chapter. But I would very much like to get some volunteers before hand that I can poke for editing and pre-reading when the time comes.

If you want to be involved as an editor, grammar nazi, proofreader, pre-reader or idea bouncer as I develop the story in the Public Google Doc, I would also be glad for it. Basically, I will accept every and all the feedback anyone can offer me.

hi completely new to writing and just started my first story. :yay::raritystarry::pinkiehappy::raritywink:
i haven't submitted it yet as im still in the process of writing the first chapter but i could use a few pointers and tips to make it a good story.
the title of my story is called A Gift From The Stars and its set a little after the third season.

I need someone to go over this When Worlds Collide more interested in feedback than proof reading maybe editing but right now im a little concerned about the pacing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7