Fluttershy 2,925 members · 4,020 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I was just scrolling through Twitter yesterday, and then found a tweet about how there are some toxic fans attacking an artist for doing the Mane 6 in human forms.
Don't worry, I can confirmed that the artist is doing alright now, they did not know they just became famous, and some positive fans do like their art

Anyways, I was looking at the comments and spotted some not only some positive comments, tho there are two positive critics referring to the artist's design as a Muslim. What both of the positive critics states that its a stereotype for a person that have a hijab being calm or shy, which is weird cause there are some people that do felt represented by a Muslim Fluttershy, that they felt represented that their own culture is use well.
Then there are a few others I spotted saying that it's a bad stereotype...

Now leading up to the main question, do you think Muslim Fluttershy is a bad stereotype, or no, especially during times like these where politics are all over the place?

P.S: This is the said artist artwork in question: https://twitter.com/uunicornicc/status/1786520198192783673

it's just silly
We know that in the show they live in a culture similar to USA. And obv she was never shown to be connected like that with any religion
But that's about it making sense in universe, art is art though but artists should understand people who don't like their characters presented in ways that don't make sense canon wise.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2