Humanized Ponies! 3,471 members · 5,602 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I remember watching a video by Shunks on Youtube claiming that it was fanart humanization that gave us Equestria Girls, but for some reason, I felt that it was either not the case or probably more to that. Should that have been the case, then we would have gotten a rebooted Megan Williams for G4, because there was a lot of fanart show her with G4 characters and that didn't happen for some reason despite all of that. I feel that the real reason we got Equestria Girls was that Hasbro wanted to compete with Monster High, which is why it felt almost similar to that. In reality, I don't think Hasbro really cared about the fanart humanization.

Pretty much, it's sad what's been done to Monster High and Ever After High.

...merchandise. Hasbro needs dem munee.

I feel that the real reason we got Equestria Girls was that Hasbro wanted to compete with Monster High, which is why it felt almost similar to that.

Reminds me of the Indominus Rex from Jurassic World where she's made to complete the popularity of a T-Rex, yet it backfired when she breaks out of her paddock, and causes a destructive chain reaction to the park.

To be honest with you, a Megan Williams reboot would've been interesting if they played it right. Megan is my favorite human character in the MLP saga because of how bada** she is.

I’ve heard before Sunset Shimmer was made by a fan who gave them permission to use her or won a contest to have her put in the movie.

I feel that Hasbro probably never knew about bronies that made fanart humanization, and probably didn't care about it for the most part. In all honesty, I felt that it would have been better just to bring back human companions rather than humanize them with a special spinoff. It just doesn't sound like MLP anymore if they aren't ponies. Nonethless, I didn't find Equestria Girls to be that bad, and is probably the best of the spinoffs when you compare it MLP Tales, Newborn Cuties, Pony Life, and possibly Tell Your Tale. As for Megan, I do feel that a rebooted version of her would work, and I even made a way she would have been introduced, plus none of it makes her a carbon copy of her G1 form. BTW, I never saw that girl on Rollercoaster of Friendship to be her and was more of an easter egg, though I will admit that she probably wore those frilly overalls better than she did, but that's probably because she looks a lot younger as well and is probably more around Molly's age. Overall, despite still considering it a missed opportunity to have her on G4, I will still be happy if a future generation will bring her back.

In all honesty, I have no idea how Sunset Shimmer first came to be. However, knowing this franchise, don't count on getting a backstory on this. There was a comic made known as "The Fall of Sunset Shimmer", which may have been a prequel to the first Equestria Girls movie, but some claim that it may not even be canon at all. On a side note, Megan is referenced twice in this comic. The first one, which most seem to miss, shows a panel of Sunset reading some books to know about the mirror and there are four books stacked up to the right of her with the bottom reading "Who was Megan?" on it if you look very carefully. Meanwhile, the second, which is pretty obvious, shows a flier on the ground reading about meeting not just Megan, but also Danny and Molly as well involving submissions for the yearbook and CHS, while the mention of Sundance was the pony doll you would get with the Megan doll when you would buy it.

Can you be a little more specific on that, because I'm not so sure what you are agreeing on here?

Everything you said.

Personally, I would just take out the MLP part and just call it Equestria Girls, because it just doesn't make sense to call them that when they're in a universe where they aren't even ponies to start with. Another thing I could never understand about the first Equestria Girls movie is that how Twilight encounters people who share the exact same names of those she knew back where she came from. Can someone please tell me why they couldn't have had original names here? Besides the first Equestria Girls movie, Sunset's pony form is also shown Forgotten Friendship, Mirror Magic, and Spring Breakdown. I almost thought that on Legend of Everfree that Sunset would be a little bit scared to ride a horse being that she is a pony herself, but that wasn't the case, though that could be that she is already used to how things work there.

I believe the implication is that ponies in Equestria have human counterparts in the Equestria Girls universe, implying some kind of synchronicity between the two universes. That's why there are humans who have the same name and appearance as Equestrian ponies. However EQG has never been particularly consistent about this.

I always thought the reason why Sunset wound up with the clothing that she had originally and the same for Twilight and Starlight later on was due to their subconscious minds that gave them their clothes. This is sort of similar to why some of the Digidestined in season 2 of Digimon wound up that way when entering the digital world. The other part could be because it's a kids show and that they can't be naked. Nonetheless, I still think it had to with Hasbro competing with Monster High and less about the fanart humanization. For some reason I sort of like the fanart humanizations better especially when they look more realist due to have the skin coloring, we actually have in real life unlike what they have in the show. However, I still felt it would have just been better for the FiM series itself to just bring back human companions rather than have a spinoff where they are humanized, though it could have served as a conduit for that especially when it was originally shown online with a picture showing Megan grooming Applejack and it happened to be the G4 version, but that was never the case, and I was misled on that.

I did find these on Youtube that shows the Fall of Sunset Shimmer with one being with the actual comic and number that was done a little differently.

https://youtu.be/_YnkhI6OAv8[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/_Dr4r9wwJ9A[/youtube]

Although I still found Equestria Girls to be a good spinoff, I still never understood what the point was of making one where they become humanized. Also, calling it placing My Little Pony in front of it just doesn't make sense since they aren't ponies here even though Sunset from that point on is the only actual pony there and there was an episode when Starlight came. In reality, if Hasbro really did want to involve humans for G4, then I felt that bringing back human companions like a rebooted Megan Williams would have done a better job for that, and I guess that they could also bring in Danny and Molly rebooted as well. However, the claim that humanization fanart played a role in bringing Equestria Girls is really a myth and it had more do with competing with other shows, because if that was the case, then we would have also gotten a rebooted Megan due to there being a lot of fanart showing her with G4 characters and I have posted a number of those I have found in the past and present. Then again, we'll never if that art was really a call for her return or just to show that she isn't forgotten to this day, though either one could be the case for that. On a side note, I still didn't think that girl on the Rollercoaster of Friendship was meant to be her and was really supposed to be an easter egg, and I really hope that some later generation(s) will really bring her back rather than just give some reference or easter egg.

This is where I thought Equestria Girls would have been that conduit for bringing back Megan but seeing that this was done by some brony and not Hasbro themselves, this was nothing but third hand gossip even with that part being underlined.

If they had Bronycon in the EG universe, they would probably cosplay as their pony forms with fursuits.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17