The Lunaverse 2,573 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So, having read the series, I decided to add my own part to the series canon. Why wouldn't Derpy get child support? Martyrdom? She don't need no stallion? Hatred? Nope.

Raindrops regarded Derpy over the counter, and groaning, she facehooved.

"You forgot you could do that?"

"Kinda."

I feel like this needs to be included in a future installment. But this totally would be why she doesn't get child support. I mean, you'd think that there would be others around her that would've reminded her. But perhaps they did, and it just slipped her mind.

It's been awhile so ICR the story (Dinky wanted to buy her mother a birthday gift) or the exact details but IIRC Derpy got pregnant after an ongoing affair, her parents forced the details out of her, they took her over to confront the jerk, his wife found out & their marriage blew up, Derpy couldn't take the heat & fled to Ponyville.

But yes, Dinky's father is a Deadbeat Dad.

:derpyderp1:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

A fair part of the reason why Ditzy went to Ponyville was to try and leave everything that happened behind. That wasn't really possible since, y'know, Dinky, but I feel like she'd wouldn't want to be constantly reminded of her youthful indiscretions. That is, she totally could have gotten child support, but chose not to try, due to the immense guilt she feels over her choices and the effect those choices had on Castor Cut's family.

So maybe someting of a self fulfilling derp? She didn't want to remember anything about so she just forgot it all:derpytongue2: Not neglectful, but due to guilt she just didn't.

I'd also love to see Amethyst being the one to bring it up.

"You didn't ring every bent jangle you could out of him the buck is wrong with you mare!"

"Sparkler! Come on, I can't just..."

"Oh yes you can! I'm no longer a dependent and my mom let him slide on alimony! Lets go lady, out the door and to Trixie, we're getting Dinky into that fancy school!"

But yes, Dinky's father is a Deadbeat Dad.

I don't know if thats really by choice. He probably figured that Derpy wouldn't want anything to do with him and since she didn't bring it up...

I'd imagine though the courts would have something to say about it.

Talk to Rainbow Doubledash. You could write the story? Don't recall many Court cases in the Lunarverse. Would this be Torts or Family Court? There's probably a statute of limitations but IDK what it is.

In my experience, lots of people who don't want anything to do with you are still willing to be friends with your money

:trixieshiftleft:

If there is a Statute of Limitation, it's anything RainbowDoubleDash wants it to be, since it is his universe.

Now I want to make a Lunaverse story that's a courtroom drama. Although if I did, I'd likely go Phoenix Wright with that story. (And now I wanna see a Lunaverse version of Turnabout Storm/Elements of Justice.) To be fair, Larson did have an idea for a courtroom drama episode. And though it was rejected, Rarity Investigates took heavy, and I mean HEAVY inspiration from Larson's original script.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7