Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

For a year now, on and off (mostly off), I have been working on a story involving Ocellus.

The problem is that the entire plot hinges on her having unknown parents, so I can say that Chrysalis is actually her mother, and her egg was laid around the time of the episode "To Where and Back Again", and left behind when Chrysalis flew off.

As I missed the latter half of season 8, I didn't know she had a family until they were shown in "Uprooted".

Now a couple of large chunks may have to be completely rewritten in order to fit the story in canon, since I know that commenters will probably bring this fact up. My current plan is to have Thorax find the nest of eggs and, since their mother flew off and their father is unknown, distribute them to changeling couples to hatch and raise.

There's also the fact that there's another scene that I really want to squeeze in somewhere, but having a hard time finding a place to fit it in. Basically, it involves her mother talking to Ocellus about, even though she didn't lay her egg, she still considers herself her mother, and loved Ocellus as deeply as if she actually did lay her egg. It's a cute little scene that speaks to me on a personal level, so I really want to find a place.

The place I was initially thinking was when Thorax flies to the school, getting a letter through Spike Flame Express. But since Twilight didn't have the whole story at the time, the letter wouldn't have anything that would prompt Thorax to bring her along.

Any thoughts on all this?

6834716 I know how that feels. My novel was constantly de-canonized by canon and I had to adapt it.

You can either try to make it canon (the show is ending, so this might be a good idea) or just make it an Alternative Universe.

As for the scene, you could always have it in the form of a letter if the actual scene doesn't fit anywhere else.

So ignore it. Consider it to be guidelines of a sort.

No one said you had to adhere to canon.

~Skeeter The Lurker

What he said. I began 'The Broken Bond' before season 8 came out and the story did not take into account the school development. I considered shoehorning alternate canon into the fic by saying Twilight was never inspired by Starlight to take action against the EEA, leaving it a sad derelict building behind her castle, but even that just isn't necessary. Adding "Canon Divergence post-Movie" to the story description was enough and nobody has ever brought it up who commented.

1 word:
Adoption.
she doesn't know they aren't her parents
UwU

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5