Twilight's Library 4,832 members · 6,273 stories
Comments ( 258 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 258
LuminoZero
Group Admin

I think I will go ahead and post my best one-shot (to date), which does not star either of my two favorite characters (oddly enough).

The Longest Day - Starring, Princess Celestia.

-Lumino

Eh, might as well...

Whispers

Arc 1
Started out as a one-shot depicting the fateful clash of the alicorn sisters 1000 years ago, but now goes on to chronicle the life of Arcanus (Celestia's star student of the era) and his involvement in the political fallout of Luna's banishment.

Arcs 2 and 3
Set in the present day, Equestria finds itself besieged by the same malevolent force that turned Luna against her sister a thousand years ago. Without the Elements of Harmony (because <SPOILER DELETED>), the mane six must gather allies and old enemies alike to combat this new threat, lest Equestria be consumed by the void.

Genre: Dark/Adventure
Rating: Teen (non-explicit sexual references, moderate violence)
Key Characters: Celestia, OC, Mane Six (as of the second arc)
Themes Explored: The political consequences of Luna's banishment; the catalyst for Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon (disregards the comics); the history of Celestia, Luna, the Crystal Empire and the Elements of Harmony; the introduction of Discord's contemporaries (including the gods of order and void).
Length: ~48k words (as of chapter 7); estimated 175-200k words upon completion

Since the Incoming folder is still closed as of right now, I guess I'll promote my story here.
Twilight's Strange New Illness

Does my story have to already be on the Twilight Library Archives? And if not, if I post it, does that mean I cannot apply later?

arcum42
Group Admin

This thread is completely independent of whether a story is in the group. It was actually originally started when the group was closed, to give people an opportunity to promote their works when they couldn't add them.

--arcum42

LuminoZero
Group Admin

Nope! You can post any story here! Ideally, this topic should be for talking about stories that are waiting in the 'Incoming Folder' queue, but any story you want to get more readers and feedback on are welcome.

Just remember, people have good memories. If you link all of your stories, they will likely remember you as an attention whore. Similarly, if you link a lot of poor stories, that may work against you as well. There is a reason I only submitted two of my stories for consideration into the Library.

-Lumino

So Ideally, I should consider it a semi-official rule for it to at least be in the 'Incoming Folder' listings first.

If so, I can understand and accept that ruling. I apologize if my query was improper.

-N Hawk

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Well, if you just wanna whore yourself out promote yourself and your work in general, I recommend this group.
(You like that group banner? I made that group banner.)

I appreciate the help and concern, but in fearful honesty, my policy has always been not to self promote myself, in fear of, as LumizoZero put it; begin remembered as "an attention whore" (or in reference to the group banner you made, being accused of 'being a Trixie') which I hope my original query reflects.

The context of my original inquiry was if I had posted a link, would that story then be barred from consideration if I were to submit it to the Incoming Folder once it reopens to submissions. I for some reason thought this thread was a holding place while the submissions queue is closed, but I've since learnt that might not be the case. I do have a story I want to submit, but I have more than enough patience to wait for submissions to resume.

Thank you for answering to my query.

-N Hawk

LuminoZero
Group Admin

There is no shame in pushing a story here, that is why the thread exists. I've posted stories in here too. But I'll tell you one thing, you are certainly making a good impression. :D

-Lumino

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Submissions are open, and this thread is fair game, and that other group is all about being a Trixie -- so no one would even blink. :pinkiehappy:

eh fuck it
ill do mine.
A Broken Sun

my first story.

Well why not, I'll throw my hat into the ring too! And it'll give me a chance to introduce myself to the group at the same time, so bonus! :pinkiehappy:

So, hi everyone! I'm Frission, I've been a reader for a while (though I try to promote any good fics I find), and I try my best to be 100% positive whenever I can, because people need encouragement whenever they can get it! :twilightsmile: I've also just recently started writing for the first time ever, so I'm horribly nervouscited about that. :pinkiecrazy:

Without further adieu, here is my humble entry to the FimFiction community. I hope people like it, but please be completely honest with me on how I can improve: Adjacency

Comment posted by princevegeta86 deleted Nov 28th, 2013
LuminoZero
Group Admin

Oh why not? My latest story, dealing with a few criminally under appreciated ponies.

Many Kinds of Love

This is also as close as I am ever going to get to writing a RariLight story.

-Lumino

Uh hi...we can blow up our stuff here right?...oh wait no this is self promotion!!!

Well then hi my name is HAZESHIFT and i'm an alchohol-...wait wrong thing. and I'm a writer.

Do you like HiE fics? have you read fics like Hands and Equestria's First Human? Well what happens when a brony who reads those,. has a good imagination and a good comprehensive grasp on all facets of pop culture?

YOU GET: My New Life in Equestria: Helping Has its Ups and Downs !!! part adventure, part romance, part bodily trauma...not kidding the protagonist does get hurt...more than he should. So if you like references come and give it a try!!!

And second on the block is a new fic i just put out for all the tokusatsu fans....it's japanese for something i can't remember. So anyway if you've ever heard of Kamen Rider then prepare yourself for...wait for it...

The Masked Riders of Equestria !!! With action, a bit of romance, and just a hint of nutty randomness...oh and colorful monsters and heroes in kickass suits with motorcycles...so yeah

hope you drop by!!!:pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy:

Oh neat, found a place to shamelessly try and get you all to read!

Are you all tired of trudging through endless dark tales without every finding that good story that both keeps you on edge AND entertains? Looking for an adventure that has it all? Action, suspense, thrills, magic, conspiracies, and twists at ever turn?

Then look no further, for the story you may have been seeking is here. I am proud to present the first part of a series that takes place in a very different Equestria than you might know.

Fickle Winds is an ongoing story of mine with large, episodic chapters. Most of what's already done is on the romantic end of things, but it gets closer to an epic fantasy down the line:ajsmug:

And an added bonus! It's close to its next update, so if you decide you like pegasus shenanigans and fairly developed OCs, or you just don't care for Equestria post-season 2, this is your Story!:rainbowdetermined2:

I'm trying to avoid any shamless self promotion until I break my dry spell and get my fic updated.

However.. you may find these short sweet snippets a bit interesting.

Darling's Diary
"This one is real"
Luna Plays Dressup (pt1)
Derpy's Bubbles
We Stopped to Look
The Sledge

My turn for shameless advertisement of my own shizwazzles! (That's a word now, I made it up...)

A Scratched Record

If you like Vinyl Scratch and Alien hijinx then look no further! Vinyl has another great night after a good gig and finds out that you should never agree to do someone a favor if your drunk. Chances are they will either take advantage of you, or you could end up agreeing to more than you bargained for. This story follows the latter.

A Gilda'd Opportunity

Gilda + Temper = Pony. Math is wonderful isn't it? Follow Gilda as she finds the true meaning of Friendship! I'm Kidding, watch her struggle to tolerate a bunch of ponies while shes stuck looking like one herself.

It may not be the best of writings, but I have a multi-chapter incomplete work on the site by the name of Father Mare.

Warning: It's a post-Rule 63 story involving Soarin and Spitfire being thrust into a relationship after an untimely diagnosis shortly after the spell is removed. Currently at two chapters with another on the way.

Music of the Night is mine. Head on over and check it out!

Bell Toll

Come check out my fic :pinkiehappy: I was about to submit it to the library when I found out the submissions were closed

LuminoZero
Group Admin

Not to be overly rude. But why would you want to submit a story that has grammar mistakes in the summary and that you heavily implied you didn't put much work into?

Seriously, this is a group for good, well polished fanfictions. If you really want to get your story in, then you have to put in the effort that the ribbon stands for. That means, aside from having a good story, making sure it is presentable. Proof read, edited and all simple mistakes fixed.

Things like this are why 80% of the Incoming folder gets rejected. Not because they are bad stories (though some of them are) but because people don't actually care about what they are submitting. The people who take the group seriously, and make sure their stories are cleaned up before submitting, are usually the first to be approved.

Just a few corrections to get the ball rolling:

When putting a name in the middle of a sentence, it should be surrounded by commas (This also applies for nick names or such, like Rarity saying 'darling'.)

EG: the avatar of death, Bell Toll, comes to Equestria.

The entire summary is also one long sentence that could easily be rewritten as two or three, instead of a run on.

In the AN, you use a comma splice: "First one shot ever. I won't say *blah blah blah*"

If you make these mistakes so early on, there is no reason to think you won't do them in the story proper. If you want us to take your stories seriously, than you need to show that you are taking the group seriously. Two way street.

-Lumino

2347364 thank you for the critique, I will not make excuses as to the grammar mistakes in the title, the only thing I will say is thank you for the help and if you actually bother to look at the story, PM me the issues you have with it.

Hmm, well I guess this History of Equestria fic could be read by everyone. Please leave comments if you're interested :twilightsmile:

I'll give it a try. I just hope it'll be approved once incoming stories is open again.

Spike's Discovery

Alright, I don't normally do this sort of thing but here goes.

The Fire in the Hearth

This is a small story I wrote both as a Hearth's Warming story (even though it takes place a couple of days before) and to lead into a large story project I am working on. If you read it, thank you and I hope you enjoy it.

Here's hoping the incoming stories folder opens up again soon...

Alpha Centauri

Twilight Sparkle learns from an uninvited alien guest in the aftermath of Rainbow Dash's disastrous birthday party that she is, in fact, the reincarnated soul of the star Alpha Centauri - and she's coming back to resume the life that was interrupted two thousand years ago, immediately. Rainbow Dash, being the bearer of Loyalty, isn't about to let her go without a fight, and seeks aid from Discord to rescue her. Soon enough, things begin to get out of hand for her, and Dash finds herself entangled in the plans of a dangerous third party while fighting a strengthening phantom of a past life who is bound and determined to prevent her mad attempt to save Twilight from killing them both - and all this while Twilight, on a planet far removed from Equestria, is learning that the strange winged kelpie claiming to be her sister and co-regent might have got things right, after all...

Tags of Adventure and Alternate Universe. Stands at 67k words as of this post, but I'll be updating it again soon. To all who might read it, enjoy!

Hey guys,

Rune Cascade

I'm not good with descriptions, so I think i'll let the official description speak for itself.

Enjoy and much love!

Twilight Sparkle Finds a Magic Pickle

A quick fun oneshot about how Twilight found a Magic Pickle.

I've been trying to get my stories into this group for a while, but the folders always seem to be locked whenever I check.
*Le sigh*
But I figure that since my friend Chrono_Ryono recommended my story here (to my great surprise and honour), I'll try also promoting my story here: These Flowers Never Bloom.
'Tis a tale of Everfree's (indeed, all of Equestria's) origin, beginning from the creation of the first ponies.
Based on the concept of a death metal album, Make Them Suffer's Neverbloom, it also borrows heavily from themes within the biblical book of Genesis.

While I'm here, I suppose it's not against the rules to request that its sequel Keeper of the Crystal Heart is also examined, to face your judgment?

Should I keep going? Am I getting greedy?
Ah well, no-one's forcing you to do anything, can't hurt. Burning Day Brethren is a one-shot focusing on Philomena as a main character.
Watt Is Wrong Whiff Too Daze Youth? is perhaps my most mentally challenging story, infested with deliberate, strategically-placed grammar errors. Be not fooled by its paltry word count of 1152, this story may actually break your brain by the time you are through. It's designed to be a shot at poorly written stories, while also having a pretty ironic ending.

I've taken enough of your time. I pray that even one of these stories be considered worthy.

Well, if we're really doing shameless promotion, just clicky my name and be directed to three stories I wrote and five stories a few notbadauthors wrote. :twilightsmile:

Well, since the submission folders are currently locked, then don't mind if I'll present my story here.

Redemption of One Shadow

Inspired by this video:

I couldn't help myself, this video made me think very differently about Sombra. It showed me that he could be just a victim of his own ambitions, just like Luna. His sins however are greater, mainly because he actually did succeed in his plans in enslaving the Crystal Empire, while Luna was banished shortly after becoming Nightmare Moon.

And when I thought about giving Sombra a chance to redempt himself, I saw Fluttershy at his side, helping him in his quest of gaining forgivness for all the evil he has caused ... and slowly fall for the former king.

Dance Lessons

It's come to Rarity's attention that Twilight doesn't know the finer points of royal etiquette yet, so she gives her a few lessons on how to dance like a true princess would.
It's not like she has any ulterior motive for asking Twilight to dance under a romantic, starlit sky... right?

My Little Poem

A first-person fic I've been working on for over a year. Still not complete. Starts off as a somewhat depressing character piece, and moves into an adventure that could spell the end of the main character: Pantrostic. He's one of the "lesser" students of Princess Celestia, hand-picked for his literary talent but not nearly as watched over or groomed for success as Twilight Sparkle was. It's more like Celestia is his "sponsor" rather than his "mentor," at least in affect.

In any case, Pantrostic gets assigned the task of recording the latest adventure of the Mane Six, as well as being a translator of any uber-ancient text the group may come across. Will he overcome years of personal trauma, family issues out the wazoo, and consequences of actions he took in the past, to do this one relatively simple task? His graduation from the School for Celestia's Gifted Unicorns hangs on this task.

Tags: Dark, Adventure, Teen, Sex (Not explicit. One scene early on plays with the idea but doesn't go anywhere with it. Pantrostic is married, so sex will probably happen in-story at some point, but it will never be explicitly described. I have had folks pinhole this story as clop purely because of the "Sex" tag, which is why I'm a tad paranoid about this. The "Sex" tag is accurate and describes some of the content of the story, but it is not the main focus of the story. Nor is it ever explicitly described. Sorry again for being so adamant about this distinction, but folks have had problems telling the average clop story from this one solely due to this tag).

At the very least, some comments/criticisms, thumbs up/down, views, just exposure in general is appreciated. Hope you readers enjoy it! Or at least find something about it that is interesting....

Sincerely,

Mr. Album

Equestrian Horizon is my new primary project based on concepts generated from my NaNoWriMo experience. It technically is a crossover, as it makes a lot of shoutouts to the Ace Combat games that it was spawned from, but the story and the characters and the setting are robust enough that they stand on their own.

The story follows Firefly and her Timberwolf flight, an elite unit of combat fliers assigned to defend the newly emerged Crystal Empire against criminals and hostile forces arrayed against it. An adventure of epic proportions with deadly dogfights and furious fleet actions follows.

The story has been entirely storyboarded and is in the process of being written.

Photo Shy is a story I started where Fluttershy and Photo Finish will end up together by the end. This ship has never been written before and the response has been overwhelmingly positive (if not overwhelmingly large). Check it out.

I have a collection of random comedy fics that people seem to like and a gigantic shipping fic with Pinkie Pie X Dan of Dan Vs.

Feel free to check out any of those things if they sound like your cup-o-tea.

Guess I'd like to throw my story into the pot.

Courage, a Legend of Zelda crossover fic, but not a human in equestria one. A nice little adventure fic I started working on because I was entertained by the thought of Wolf Link in Equestria.

So far, 124 upvotes with no downvotes, so I think people like it.

arcum42
Group Admin

I may as well shamelessly promote my new dark oneshot, Dark and Deep here. Influenced by old folk songs and fairy tales, it's not something for people who want happy endings.

The woods are lovely, dark, deep... and dangerous. But Dinky wasn't planning on going anywhere near them. Her mommy told her not to, and she always listened to her mommy...

--arcum42

Self-promotion? I'm all about self-promotion! ...when appropriate, of course.

In Her Element is a Slice-of-Life style adventure set in the interim between seasons 2 and 3, featuring Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash tackling an unusual, but weighty challenge that shall not be explained here due to spoilers. :twilightsmile:

Feedback to fuel the creative engines is appreciated, and thanks in advance for you time!

I'm laughing at this so hard :rainbowlaugh:
Why do you need to self promote?

Until the submission box reopens, I guess I'll just toss my story here for consideration. I Should Have Never Bought That Pony:

Hey there!

I'm new to the group and the site, but I've got a nearly 30k fic in the works. I'm in the writing and film business so dogged self-promotion is my thing, because how will anyone glance your way if you don't yell and wave a bit.

This is my fic: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/153303/when-stars-wink

This is a Coming-of-Age story for the ponies of Equestia who have had an easy and relatively innocent life thus far. When Something from beyond this plane invades, ponies are forced to go though hardships, horror and impossible circumstances, all without the guidance of their watchful princesses. Without rulers, and without real heroes, it is up to a small group to save Equestria- to fight through the obstacles and overcome their fear and find answers from the entity that created Equestria.

Here read this plz I can never seems to make it in the incoming folder in time.
For Whom The Belle Tolls

I've got two new ones, one of which is Skeeter and Flint approved!
A Generic Story

And

The Clop Conundrum
(this one is mature, but it's one of the best things I have ever written.)

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 258