Uncommon Shipping Pairs 1,271 members · 2,105 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

The ship name for Sunset Shimmer X Pinkie Pie is SunPie.

SunPie

Why is there no Fics based off this ship again?

Because they don't have a whole lot in common?
I'm not saying it's an impossible ship, there just ain't a lot of meat on dem bones, so to speak.

5499229 Well, I've seen her shipped with everyone else that have even less in common with her. Do you know how I've encountered quite a bit of Fluttershy X Sunset ships. My guess is the same boring explanation of "Pinkie's too hard to write or I can't see Pinkie holding a romance for that long" or whatever.

well, to play devil's advocate, I can see FluttershyXsunset as kindness is a good foil to sunset's doubt/sadness.
Continuing the devil's advocate line, I don't think Pinkie works as well with sunset because there isn't a lot for Pinkie to do. Sunset isn't a turbonerd like Twilight. At least with Twilight, Pinkie can drag her out of the castle and teach her how to have fun or something.

That being said, I'm of the opinion Pinkie can be shipped with ANYONE. I myself have shipped her with many ponies including Princess Luna. If I were to tackle the sunpie ship myself, I would probably choose to do something between the first and third EQG movies when sunset is having doubts about herself. Pinkie could cheer her up or drag her out to a fair or something.

I don't remember much of the EQG movies though, so it's a ship I'd never tackle.

5500139 Shame, but given any situation, you could ship anyone with just about anyone depending on the chemistry from either the show/movie/video game itself or what you yourself add into the story. Still funny how SunPie kinda sounds like Senpai though.

For me, as long as you build up the relationship, or show something there, then any ship can work.

I not know Bob. Maybe you could try bake one.

photo finish X fluttershy is photoshy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8