Action Stories 651 members · 1,451 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Your Antagonist
Group Admin

Just curious about the types of people we have in this particular group, and in my opinion there's no better way to get to know a person than through their combat style. So reply to this via this format, so we can start bringing the action community together:flutterrage:!

Firearm of Choice

Melee Weapon of Choice

Hand to Hand Style of Choice

Specialty Weapon

Fire arm: 1911-XD, extended mag or Ak-47 with synthetic pressurized stock

melee:r Qinggong ( chinese light spear)
hand to hand: Muai thai or Akido
Specialty Weapon: .45 Mosin-Nagant infantry rifle with fixed bayonet.
:moustache:

Firearm of choice: Colt Anaconda.

Melee weapon of choice: Scottish claymore

Hand to hand style of choice: I'm a werewolf that knows martial arts... Yeah. That= Death.

Specialty Weapon: Minigun, for when the amount of money being used isn't an issue.

Your Antagonist
Group Admin

My Response:

Firearm of Choice: M-4 Carbine. Small stock for close quarters, long stock for far off targets, a round a bout and perfectly balanced fire arm.

Melee Weapon of Choice: Tonfa a.k.a Tactical Baton, or sidehandle baton (x2). Versatile, can be used from multiple positions, and it can hold its own against a katana, as well as a slew of other bladed weapons. Unlike a blade it isn't restricted to 2-4 striking surfaces seeing as the entire weapon is a striking surface.

Hand to Hand Style of Choice: Tae-Kwon-Do and a mix between jiu-jitsu and wrestling. My punches are surprisingly weak, but I have really flexible and quick legs so I rely on my feet for striking.

Specialty Weapon: Flash grenades! So many flash grenades! Nothing more awesome than having a non-lethal means for clearing a room or disarming an opponent I say.

Depends on terrain and situation :rainbowhuh:
Overall I think:

Firearm: XM8, M2000(sniper) and silenced P8 (9mm pistol)

Melee: Katana! Looks cool and is good against a herd of zombs when bullets run out. And Tactical knife.

Hand to Hand: Nah, guns are better :rainbowdetermined2:

Special: Taser/Nades/Medkit/Extra Ammo/Claymore

Firearm of Choice:
For handgun, a Smith & Wesson Model 19. Utterly fantastic, accurate revolver. Revolvers rule.
For long arms, an M1 Garand. Incredible accuracy and good rate of fire. Unfortunately, I'm a pretty lightweight guy and the Garand is heavy for me, but I love shooting it just the same.

Melee Weapon of Choice:
Halberd. It's a spear, axe, hook, war pick, quarterstaff, and can opener, all in one polearm. Extremely versatile weapon, and especially good at killing plate-armored knights.
If we're including shields, I'll go with the classic Roman combo of Scutum and Gladius Hispaniensis. Ram with the shield, stab em' in the gut.
For polite, social occasions, I will go for a Toledo steel cup-hilt rapier for the right hand and parrying dagger in the left.

Hand to Hand Style of Choice:
Don't know much about unarmed martial arts, but I'll go with Krav Maga.

Specialty Weapon:
Some grenades would be useful.

Firearm of Choice:
Primary: TAR-21(or simply Tavor)
I'd choose this because the bullpup design minimizes the silhouette of the user and maximizes effectiveness in urban warfare.
Secondary: Colt .45 M1911 pistol
It does have a heavy recoil, it makes up for it with some serious stopping power.

Melee Weapon of Choice:
Primary: Falchion
The falchion combines the weight and power of an axe with the versatility of a sword, and it can also be used as a tool, as it is a very practical piece of equipment.
Shield: Target Shield. It's light enough to be nice and manuverable, but it's also strong enough to take a severe beating on the battlefield. Plus, most have a centeral boss, which is good for shield bashing people!
Secondary: Poingard: it's a long, lightweight thrusting knife with a continuously tapering, acutely pointed blade and crossguard, similar to a parrying dagger.

Hand to Hand Style of Choice: Krav Maga

Specialty wepon: M202 FLASH

Is this for ponies or for us personally?

In real life, I'm a peace-and-love kind of guy, but I'm on the second draft of a novel about a character who could answer this question, so I'll use her answers.

Firearm of choice: two Jericho 941 handguns

Melee weapon of choice: spring-loaded tonfa swords hidden in the sleeves

Hand-to-hand style of choice: gravity-defying Hong Kong wire-fu

Specialty weapon: throwing knives and occasionally a rapier hidden in a sun parasol

For ponies, I might prefer magic and party cannons with an occasional mecha.

Well, I'm not really a combative sort of fellow, and my combat skills are next to nil, but my favorite weapons are... Rather unconventional.

Firearm of Choice:Pfeifer Zeliska Revolver (.600 Nitro Express) is a truly terrifyingly huge handgun. It was, interestingly, devised for big game pistol hunting, and the shells for it have to be custom ordered as they are no longer produced officially. I love it because you only have to shoot once, it has a tremendous, crippling recoil and yet someone though making it a revolver was an excellent idea.

Melee Weapon of Choice: Odachi because it's big, elegant and each one is a beautiful work of art. The level of technical skill that went into creating each one is truly amazing, as folding that much metal and heating it properly is truly a task in and of itself. The style that accompanies the blade is somewhat clumsy, but I enjoy it all the same.

Hand-to-Hand Style of Choice: Tai Chi is a martial art that I actually have some experience with. Not many people are aware that it can be used for combat, and the nature of the art is almost purely defensive, which appeals to me. It also doubles as a meditation in times of duress, which is definitely handy.

Specialty Weapon: Laser Pistol Because lasers are awesome. Granted, I'd probably have one that could shoot more than once a minute, but the fact that the guy was able to make that one out of junk in his garage endears the concept to me.

Pony-wise, I'd probably stick to magic. :twilightsmile:

Firearm of Choice: 12 gauge pump-shotgun (Remington 870 or maybe Mossberg 500) with either slugs or 00 buckshot

Melee Weapon of Choice: Spear

Hand to Hand Style of Choice: Whatever the hell works.

Specialty Weapon: None.

Firearm of Choice: M14 with a shortened barrel and attached Picattiny System. Sure, it isn't as advanced or lightweight as some other guns, but it's reliable, sturdy, and can put a hole in a target at an excess of eight hundred meters without a scope. Who said old-fashioned isn't awesome?

Melee Weapon of Choice: The Kukri. It's big, it's choppy, and it intimidates your foes.

Hand-to-Hand Style of Choice: Whatever gets the job done.

Specialty weapons: Grenades. you can never have enough of these things.

292532 301131 I'm also a fan of revolvers. There's just something about them that regular semi-auto pistols don't have. However, semi-auto pistols are better in the practical sense: they take much less time to reload, and that's a pretty big advantage. On the other hand, revolvers are well-known for being much less likely to jam.

Revolvers certainly have a coolness factor I find lacking in all the plastic semi-autos floating around these days, which in my opinion feel more like toys than actual guns. Revolvers are also physically stronger than semi-autos and can accept more powerful cartridges, which makes them more awesome by default. :rainbowdetermined2:

I am personally most accurate with revolvers, hence my preference. Light trigger pull, no violently sliding mechanisms, and a heavy recoil-soaking frame does wonders for putting a bullet where you want it.

And when it comes to personal defense, revolvers do indeed have the advantage of being virtually impossible to jam. You can keep a revolver loaded at all times and not have to worry about the spring in a semi-auto magazine losing tension and failing to push the rounds up into the chamber, which is what will happen if you keep a box magazine loaded for extended periods. Plus, there's also the argument that six rounds is all you need in a quick, short-range scrap.

Firearm: Steyr 50 HS because boomhead shot...
Melee weapon- Katar because I can punch and stab you at the same time!
Hand to hand combat-Krav Maga It comes from street fighting! Also FBI, SWAT, NYPD and Israeli Defense forces are trained in it
Special- Well if the weapon has to be possible to make then it would be a gunblade.
If impossible then the Perfect Harmony Trout. It can alter reality!

Hopefully I am not late to the party on this post.
The G36c is my signature assault rifle.
For my melee I would wield a cane sword because they are just so classy!
Hand to hand? Judo all the way.
For magic I would specialize in electricity. Who wouldn't want unlimited power? :twilightsheepish:

Firearm: Customized standard issue M9 handgun with modified receiver, vented barrel, improved grip, and hair trigger. I like functionality over power, it's light, easy to handle, still has decent stopping power, and I can hold a shit ton of ammo before it really starts weighing you down.

Melee weapon: Traditional Italian Saber, style of fighting is heavily defensive as well as offensive, although less effective in a multi person fight, its one on one is superb.

Hand to hand: Muoy Thai Kickboxing, a single kick is meant to take down your opponent and if it doesn't thats okay because i still got 16 more strikes lined up for you

"Why are knee and elbow strikes banned in recreational martial arts styles?"
"Because if used incorrectly YOU COULD KILL YOUR OPPONENT!"
"Wait so then why does Mouy Thai focus on knees and elbows?"
"Because if used correctly YOU COULD KILL YOUR OPPONENT!"
~Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple

Specialty weapon: Throwing knives, because your automatically a bad ass if your good with them

you know what? Why not post. Feels good, man.

Firearm of Choice: Smith & Wesson model 500

As a 6'8 man, I find most guns to be tiny baby weapons in my hands--I need a handgun that's oversized. And the 500 feels so good when you hit something.

Melee Weapon of Choice: Zwiehander

Hand to Hand Style of Choice: American Boxing. Not all hand to hand needs to be flashy. It's practical, takes care of business, and keeps you balanced and your feet planted on the ground.

Specialty Weapon: Diplomacy. Because sometimes the pen is mightier.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18