Command and Conquer Headquarters 327 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
bluemoon1996
Group Contributor

Which of the CnC universes do you the most? Or if you like them all and don't wanna pick sides, just say why you like the franchise.

Of the three, I enjoy the Red Alerts the most. It's general light heartedness and silliness always keeps me entertained. It doesn't take itself seriously and I like that. Alternate history has always been one of my interests as well. Playing as the Soviet juggernaut bent on a glorious global communist government or the Allies desperate attempts to hold off the Soviet war machine and save the free world is just entertaining to me. I have fond memories of playing Red Alert 2 while growing up and that's what made me buy 3.

Plus, I've never really play Generals or any of the Tiberian ones:twilightblush:

Now enjoy these soviet ponies:derpytongue2:

Azkhare
Group Contributor

Tiberian all the way. Red Alert is great too, and I didn't feel like Generals was all that C&C-ish to begin with.
Nothing matches Kucan's acting.

Carpinus Caroliniana
Group Contributor

Tiberian 'verse.

What can I say? I love SF.

Deactivated 001
Group Contributor

Zero hour for the excellent mods. Tiberian for the atmosphere. Red alert for all the timey wimey stuff.

DrAngryslacks
Group Contributor

Each universe has a special place in my heart, but Red Alert has the lion's share. There is something about the first incarnation of our favorite professional volunteer Tanya Adams that makes her totally badass, well, more so than her later incarnations. Not to mention, although I think the Red Alert series made the right choice in taking the goofy B-movie route later on, I still find the dark seriousness of the first game to be exciting.

Oh, and Tiberium Sun and Firestorm are also great games. Scratch that, most anything made by Westwood (including Generals) is fantastic.

Dementia Ravenmane
Group Contributor

1108360 I really enjoy Red Alert because it's so silly and colorful. But my absolute favorite have to be Generals, because they have absolutely amazing mods (Contra, Shockwave, Rise of the Reds)
I also look forward to the new c&c. Free2Play, no Pay2Win, will feature all c&c universes, Frostbite 2 engine, GLAlicious:yay:.
It will be THE.BEST.POSSIBLE.THING!!! :raritystarry:
Starcraft can go sit in the corner with DOTA Allstars.

Brother Malachai
Group Contributor

Tiberian, cuz' Tiberium, Nod, and Kane! :pinkiecrazy: KANE LIVES!!!!

It's a shame that until the CNC2 Expansion Set that the Nod Campaigns were NEVER canon! :flutterrage:

I know ppl will disagree w/ me, but I don't like the fact they merged the Tiberian Universe w/ Red Alert 1 (until that timeline got even more wonky w/ the sequels). What I liked about the Tiberian verse, was that, even as nutty as things got, it felt like it could be _our_ future. All that had to take place was for a mystery rock to crash onto our planet in the near future and a Radical Faction led by a Charismatic quasi-religious figure duke it out w/ a UN-led coalition over mining/harvesting rights.

Nyerguds
Group Admin

Pretty much exactly what I was planning to reply :raritywink:

Azkhare
Group Contributor

You never played any of the tiberian games? And what are you doing that you aren't amending for that sin? Go play them, although I reccomend TD and TS. TW is a good game, too, but only for the atmosphere. There's something in it's gameplay that bugs me, I don't know what.

And don't get me started on CnC4. UGH.

Generals is fun, too. You should probably try it, at least once.

Glad to hear that, Nyer! :pinkiehappy:

bluemoon1996
Group Contributor

Playing the demo for CnC 3 on my xbox:twilightsheepish:

Azkhare
Group Contributor

*rage*

Please, get Tiberian Sun at least.

bluemoon1996
Group Contributor

I think I did play one of the early ones when I was younger

Daxn
Group Contributor

I like all three, althougth Generals has a special part in my heart, since it was one of the first games that got translate totally in Italian (even if with some... awkard results: the Battlemaster tank's dub in Italian made him sound like a drunk on verge of a psychotic breakdown. And the Rebel... oh God, the Rebel: could be ANYMORE hight-pitched ?)

Then there is Red Alert: I love the Ucronies !

My favorite is the Tiberian series :twilightsmile:

1108360 Mine would be the Red Alert series, having played the first one since childhood, then later on I came across the pretty green crystals of the Tiberian series and loved that too! Still play them (Red Alert 2 and CnC 3 with mods) to this day, even if just against the AI, though been trying to get some of my friends into it. :twilightsheepish:

Red Alert was confusing yet fun, Tiberium Franchise was literally hard and confusing, (since I played a skirmish map fightiing the Scrin while using GDI) But the Generals series takes place in the 1st. It has a realistic storyline, a fun atmosphere and simple mechanics.

The expansion of Generals; Zero Hour was a complete success. Watchmojo.com even made it into #7!

Oh, and how love them mods. (Especially Contra and Shockwave.)

I like all 3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17