Give Blueblood Some Character! 595 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Simply because I told Eyeswirl I would make this thread.

SPOILERS FOR A ONESHOT!

... Basically, Blueblood is enamored by Fluttershy and is still his episode-given oblivious ponce self... and the Celestia was wrong about nopony being hurt.

Her nephew was mentally scarred, rendered into being Canterlot's own Fluttershy.

We need to brainstorm, people! Luna interaction! Celestia interaction! Mane Six interaction! THE INTERACTIONS WILL ATTEMPT TO BE HILARIOUS!!

*eye-twitch* I'm currently quite loopy.

Hm... It won't be a one-shot anymore if there's a sequel, but in light of relatively recent ideas concerning possible Blueblood-related fun times, I'm already planning to break that rule with my first story, someday, so what the hay? :derpytongue2:

Apart from that, I was just going by what happened in the show. His only other appearance so far has been in Sweet and Elite, on screen just long enough to know he, or at the very least the first of Chrsyalis's infiltrators was still around at that point, which at least supports the recluse thing the story ended on, possibly.

It's possible they could meet offscreen at some point after Twilight and the others decide to join in the 'garden party' for further silliness, but other than that we'd have to make up our own meetings.

Let the game begin. :pinkiecrazy:

3084696 MwUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So... Blue-Shy... I can just picture him in the following morning, barely even nibbling his morning breakfast-cake... so of COURSE Auntie 'Tia knows something's wrong. XD

Once Celestia sees a problem with her kith and kin, she's sure to ask someponies for help... such as the Elements of Harmony, to find out what is the matter with such a Very Important Pony in court politics.
Surely he is the lightning rod in the royal court that keeps attention off the shortcomings of Celestia-appointed officials and their polices... :raritywink: Unless the mares find out what is going on, Celestia herself may be embarrased by very pointed questions on what corruption scandals her latest appointee, Sir Mordita, in The Ministry of Military Procurement has been caught in...

3084885 Perhaps... perhaps.

She might, but part of Blue's obliviousness might actually come from her. Maybe? Given the whole NMM situation, her oversight in giving Twilight only one ticket, and not noticing anything out of the ordinary from 'Cadence', I think we can say she misses things sometimes.

"Morning, Nephew!"

The prince jumped in his seat, though not before covering his mouth with both front hooves, terrified to think what would happen if his indescribably masculine shout were to be inflicted on those nearby. I imagine Celestia would be safe, but after The Gala, do I really want to take that chance? I do not!!

The solar princess chuckled softly before casually strolling to her seat, not even looking at him. "Yes, that's nice." Seated, she hovered a mouthful of pancake -she didn't care what the chefs had to call it to justify serving pancakes to a princess, they'd always be pancakes in her heart- on a fork to take a bite while reading the morning paper.

Must not agitate, Blueblood thought, must not incite, must not provoke, must not unleash whatever it is that so pushed poor, dear, sweet Fluttershy over the edge that terrible night! He sat perfectly still, not taking another bite of... He didn't so much as dare look down at his plate, for fear that the movement of muscles in his neck might set off the pony maid a few meters away...

"Ooh," Celestia said cheerily, startling the prince, "Ponyville's getting ready for Nightmare Night, maybe somepony could accompany Luna that night?"

Don't move. Don't move. Don't- His eyes began to burn, but he willed them to remain open. DON'T. MOVE.

The tiara Celestia often forgot she was wearing tilted with her head in curiousity. "Nephew...?"

It was too much, ponies are supposed to blink, that's the whole point of eyelids being wet inside! Screaming, he drew both front hooves to his burning eyes, falling back in his chair and to the ground. Celestia only giggled, folding the newspaper and setting it on the table. "He's certainly into the spirit of things!"

And she returned to her pancakes.
---

Though her being more aware invites more of those touchy-feely family closeness moments. :twilightsmile:

3085057 Aw, I don't like Oblivious Celestia, though...

Unless once he's out of the room she realizes how off he was.

As with the story, my thoughts were more on short-term funnies than a sustainable story, sorry. :twilightsheepish:

Smarter!Celestia would probably notice what's up, having learned her lesson from NMM, mostly, and try to help BB sort himself out. Possibly through immersion therapy, or just breaking the illusion he's under that his in-equine masculinity (though he IS fairly muscular, I think. Almost Big Mac-ish) drives other ponies, especially mares, into a possibly Flutter-rage-like frenzy.

Maybe both? :trixieshiftright:

3085135 Or she'll try to hug him to her barrel and end up making it worse! :rainbowwild:

This site is weird with the way it refreshes pages, I think, I didn't see this post before. :twilightoops:

Anywho, interesting ideas! The Corruption in the Court thing (even if it never turns war-with-the-griffons-again serious) could lead to a number of places! :pinkiesmile:

Yes, but in a good way. That kind of teaching works on Twilight, Right? :trollestia:

3085512 :trixieshiftright: ... Not really. Twilight's become a paranoid nut because of it.

True. Speaking of Sparkle-based psychosis, I picture her trying to explain what really happened with Fluttershy at the Gala going about as well as trying to uncover the mystery of the Pinkie Sense, possibly even ending with the same fiery-maned fury on her part, Blueblood, of course, thinking he'd done it again.

Yeppers.

Blueblood shivered and... meeped.

"AAAAAARGH!!!"

He ran.

3084475 Perhaps his nephew ought to meet Fluttershy, then.

3085057 Thumbed-up! You could write that, though I think you need to add something more to get it to 1000 words.

Oh God, Oblivioustia... It makes so much sense.

Especially this:

She really thought they'd put up a parade for her.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15