• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 335 Views, 8 Comments

Grey Heart - Flamepony2229



Grey Heart is a simple, low life of a pony, he wishes that someday he can find true happiness and love. Can he find this before something else overcomes him.

  • ...
2
 8
 335

Awakening

"Ahhhhhhh!" I scream out in pain as I withdraw myself from my desk I passed out upon.

It seems to have the distinct smell of blood and decay emitting from it. I look around and notice I'm back in my room, there is some drips of blood still sitting on my desk and I notice something drips from my mouth; more blood. I quickly scatter towards the bathroom and hurl my stomach contents into the toilet, it consists of a lot more blood. I stager backwards in shock from the realisation I had: I had a nightmare, in this nightmare I was hurt badly, I awoke to find this pain still lingering and blood in my mouth.

I stand on all of my hooves, still shaken from the dream to hear a knock at my door. I move towards it and gently grasp the handle with my unicorn magic, the beautiful glow coloured of a light, crystal blue wrapped itself around the handle and I open the door, to find an eager and excited Vinyl Scratch waiting patiently on the other side.

"Hey" she spoke as she began to trot into the room, as she usually did.

"Uhh... Hey" I answer back nervously, still under shock from the initial dream.

"Just thought I'd drop by and see what the progress is on my next album cover? You know, it's kinda important it gets done soon to relea..." She abruptly stops mid sentence and her old expression of happiness and excitement is replaced with that of concern and confusion as she stares at me, "are you okay?" She asks with concern emanating in her voice.

"Uhh... y-yea" I manage to stutter out with a little shock that Vinyl had general concern for somepony other than herself. "I've just been having difficulties with some things" I say, not noticing a bit of blood on my lip.

"Oh Celestia, you're hurt!" She exclaims. "Let me find the doct..." She is cut off by me.

"No, no, no it's fine Vinyl, I'm fine" I say with hopes she won't press her concerns further, "it's... difficult to explain, but that's not important now, your cover is over here" I point a hoof towards my cluttered dining room table, it has a few magazines and a newspaper. I quickly clear these away from the table to show the cover for Vinyl; a large DJ PON3 printed on it with a light grey background and black flames burning behind it, "hope your happy with the result...?" I trail off getting quieter as more nerves creep their way into my system.

"I love it!" She exclaims with joy. "It works perfectly with the album!"

"Uhhhh... that's good... I guess..." I trail off again.

"How much do I owe you for this?" She asks pulling out her bit pouch with her magic, surrounding it with a mystical blue aura.

"Oh, uhhh... nothing, it's fine, I don't need anything, call it... a favour for a friend" I end that note with a wink and move off to fix myself some form of breakfast, with what leftovers are from last night, that's when I notice a large note on the fridge, scribbled on the note in almost the messiest writing I've seen is one word; Dream. At this, things become slightly dizzy and I fall flat towards the tiles on my kitchen. I hear a faint tapping of hooves before everything turns black....



"H-h-hello? Can you hear me?" A faint voice sounds in the background as I finally come through, my mind still spinning, I open my eyes to find a sweating Vinyl Scratch, panic flushing over her, staring down at me, her glasses are removed and she is panting from what I guessed was adrenalin, her eyes were beautiful consisting of a dark red that shined over me, I've never seen them up close like this before.

It took me a moment to realise that I had been staring at her like this for nearly a minute now and quickly I answered, with a shake of my head to get my thoughts straight.

"Oh, yea I'm okay now... I guess" I answer nervously hoping that she wouldn't notice that I had been staring at her like that.

"What in Celestias name happened to you? One minute your trotting down the hall towards your kitchen, then the next I hear a loud thump and your laying on the floor! What's going on Grey Heart?" At this she holds out a hoof suggestively to help me to my hooves. I accept great fully and stand on all my legs, wobbly but they hold. "I'm not sure..." I trail off once again into the depths of my mind, I seem to recall seeing a sign written on my fridge and then it all goes black, all I can seem to remember after that is that in this black space from who knows where, I saw the same figure standing tall over me and almost crushing me with its fore hooves around my neck. "All I know is I'm okay now Vinyl, you don't have too stay if you don't want too" I hint towards the door with a hoof, she looks at me curiously before giving me a quick hoof shake and walking towards the door, I open and she walks out. "Please don't scare me like that again" she tells me as she begins leaving and ends that note with a wink, I blush slightly and reply "I'll try, can't promise you though" I wink back on that quirky remark and give a slight smirk, she just stands in shock for a moment, possibly because of what I said, Once she leaves I allow myself some time to mull what I said over myself;

"I'll try, can't promise you though."

Yea nice one brain, fucked me over once again.

After thinking for a while on the matter at hoof and face hoofing a few times, I give myself a quick once over from my own view of myself. My mane, as I look up, is all frizzy and messed up from the way I usually have it, my coat is still its usual grey but with a hint of red, probably from the blood that leaked from me after my dream.

"I think I should clean myself up" I quickly whisper to myself giving a smirk, I move towards the bathroom and have a proper look at myself in the mirror, my diamond blue eyes shine back at me, my cutie mark I notice in the mirror is slightly off its usual colour of dark grey, it seems to be lighter with a hint of red in it as well. I turn to get a better look at it; first thing I notice is that it's colour is way off, and it seems to be staying like that of a light red, the heart with an arrow shot straight and clean through a red heart full of passion and hope, not a heart of despair and regret.

"Wow" I smirk at myself in the mirror, "I look like shit" I say running a hoof through my black and dark grey mane, it feels a little greasy so I decide to take a shower.

After a nice warm shower, I finally pull up enough courage to enter the kitchen once again. The light that filters through the curtains reflect a soft glow over my muzzle making me feel more alive then I've ever felt before.

Author's Note:

Ok, second chapter.

Once again, I want to know everything you guys thought about while reading this.

So hope you enjoy.

PS: I plan to drag this story out for as long as I possibly can.